Author Topic: Robot Wars RA2 - OFFICIAL MOD  (Read 616561 times)

Offline HereticBlue

• Rep: 22
  • Team Immersion Robotics
    • View Profile
    • Team Immersion
    • Awards
Robot Wars RA2 - OFFICIAL MOD
« on: October 25, 2013, 12:29:59 PM »

Head over to Facebook and grab your copy! The + Update has now been released!

https://www.facebook.com/RWRA2

Thank you so much for the positive feedback so far guys! :) It really means a lot to us.

Admittedly some arenas aren't finished and theres not even 1/4 of the new weapons we wanted to include, simply due to time constraints. But Either way we didn't want to make you guys wait any longer to try out these replicas and get the classic feel of Robot Wars, RW Arenas of Destruction and RW Live all rolled into one.

Some things have changed from regular mods, like the assembly of spinners, crushers and some axes. They are two/three piece components that have to be mounted to a mega adapter and rotated into position. Spinners have an invisible half because the collision is only for one single tooth, so you need to hit F12 and rotate the invisible half until the collision is 180 degrees from the visible part of the drum. This does seem like time wasting but.... It does mean you hit your opponents a lot harder than before and ootas with verticals are very much possible. The motors and lips battery, believe it or not, if you get these components in real life you will get the same amount of oomph. The team is built of roboteers so we've had a play with most of these ourselves. Oh and I hope the music & sfx upgrade for the arenas and UI helps you get that RWED feel.

HereticBlue
Craaig
Knight
MikeNCR
WhamettNuht
Daleksec7
Jarvis_Rapture
Garfie489
Riptide
Thyrus
Mr AS
Hatchet

This game mod is officially contracted under the Robot Wars Company Limited 2014 and will be available on the official website. It's owners have agreed the use of it's company name, logo and competitor contracts.

All other mods that use the Company name, logo and robots will be prosecuted if permissions are not agreed.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 02:06:49 PM by Craaig »
Team Immersion - Vulture, Amnesia, Amnesia 2, Halcyon, Hysteria and many commissions!

https://m.facebook.com/teamimmersionrobotics/

Offline GoldenFox93

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: -5
  • The Guy
    • http://www.facebook.com/h
    • http://www.youtube.com/ro
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: RWED Themed Arenas
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 01:09:23 PM »
Oh hey, I remember that from the old Magazine! Interesting to see it again after all these years, I remember thinking how cool the idea of a "Drop & Crush" Pit and Horizontal Sawblades were, actually.

The Arenas themselves look awesome too, even in such an early stage. Perhaps they'll work well for the final version of Whammettnuht's Robot Wars 2013 pack?

"Cries and screams are music to my ears."
-Soundwave

Offline helloface

• Rep: -11
  • 090901's cumslave
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Helloface#2112
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 02:50:19 PM »
Sounds great!
Oh I'll be doing some banging.......

Offline WhamettNuht

• Rep: 12
  • Robot Building Drag Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: WhamettNuht #1457
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 05:13:21 PM »
These look amazing!! Great work! :) I might be able to work with you on converting the mesh to a file RA2 can read - as for the very fiddly coding part, might wanna ask someone like Trov...

But yeah I'd be willing to help :)
Damn I should probably put something fancy in this bit huh?

Offline HereticBlue

• View Profile
    • Team Immersion
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 07:21:52 PM »
Oh hey, I remember that from the old Magazine! Interesting to see it again after all these years, I remember thinking how cool the idea of a "Drop & Crush" Pit and Horizontal Sawblades were, actually.

The Arenas themselves look awesome too, even in such an early stage. Perhaps they'll work well for the final version of Whammettnuht's Robot Wars 2013 pack?
I remember thinking it looked class at the time, but now I look at it and feel like a complete utter nerd...  :rage but hey I'm still here.  :gawe:

If I can get them to work in the game then yes it could be a good addition to Whams AI pack, I'll ask him.

These look amazing!! Great work! :) I might be able to work with you on converting the mesh to a file RA2 can read - as for the very fiddly coding part, might wanna ask someone like Trov...

But yeah I'd be willing to help :)

Cheers mate, I really appreciate this. If we can get them working then as Golden Fox says they could be decent additions to your pack, your choice of course. I'm trying trying to help rebuild the enthusiasm in Robot Arena for myself and others.

I think starting with the arena might be a bit challenging though, I have made a few components for replicas though such as Tsunami's flipper & body, Tough As Nails Claws and Mega Morg's series 6 shell if it helps.

Cheers Lads.
Team Immersion - Vulture, Amnesia, Amnesia 2, Halcyon, Hysteria and many commissions!

Offline MassimoV

• I Move Weight
  • Rep: 24
  • I make rap for people of Serbia
    • MassimoVTV
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Mourning Glory
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 07:50:29 PM »
Yeah, you and Wham should coordinate projects.

Offline HereticBlue

• View Profile
    • Team Immersion
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 03:08:32 PM »
I'll have to catch him some time when he's online, but it would be great to contribute to the pack.

I might as well post these as it will add a bit more interest to the thread, these are the shells for Xterminator & Mega/Mini Morg and Tough as Nails claws, still waiting to be formatted and exported into the game.

Does anyone have any nitpicks or suggestions before these (attemptedly) get exported?

Cheers.

Offline AlexGRFan97

• Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: -7
  • Cheeki Breeki.
    • AlexGRFan97
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Robot Wars Magazine Arenas & Series 7 Competitor Components
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 03:23:08 PM »
Maybe separate the pieces of the body, so for example the scoop of X-Terminator can come off? Might be laggy, but adds realism. Also, we badly need more wheels. I would like to see a proper Go-Kart tyre, like the ones on Dominator 2 or TriMangle. Technos are too wide.

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 05:10:27 PM »
Absolutely amazing. Good luck getting these into the game

Offline GoldenFox93

• Giga Heavyweight
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 08:09:51 AM »
I particularly love the look of Tsunami and X-Terminator so far- they should be fantastic additions to the pack once they're ready. Mega Morg looks interesting as well, and as much as I dislike it in real life, I suppose I can see Cheap as Chips in there being a good thing, too.

At least if only for being able to wreck it with Terrorhurtz.  :P

-Soundwave

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 08:37:39 AM »
All I would say with Exterminator is, is it worth taking the little bobbles on the self righting hubs off? Then you could make them as a separate component or whatever and actually make them function. But that's not to say anything bad, they all look incredible.
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline HereticBlue

• View Profile
    • Team Immersion
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 02:22:57 PM »
Maybe separate the pieces of the body, so for example the scoop of X-Terminator can come off? Might be laggy, but adds realism. Also, we badly need more wheels. I would like to see a proper Go-Kart tyre, like the ones on Dominator 2 or TriMangle. Technos are too wide.
Sorry I should have said, the scoop is already a separate component so it can be attached to a burst for the realistic hinge movement. I do agree we need more wheels but for the time being I'm not going to even think of the idea, Its difficult enough for the experienced to get them to work in the game, I doubt I would have much luck with them at such an early stage. I might try to do it in the future but it will have to wait.

Absolutely amazing. Good luck getting these into the game

I particularly love the look of Tsunami and X-Terminator so far- they should be fantastic additions to the pack once they're ready. Mega Morg looks interesting as well, and as much as I dislike it in real life, I suppose I can see Cheap as Chips in there being a good thing, too.

Cheers mate, I dont know if they will be part of the pack to be honest, Wham hasn't messaged me back. The reason why I dished out Mega Morg is because it is a uniquely shaped robot, it was popular in the series and its Tag Team partners Diotor & X-terminator are already in the game so it would be a good addition for the RW purist.  :thumbup

All I would say with Exterminator is, is it worth taking the little bobbles on the self righting hubs off? Then you could make them as a separate component or whatever and actually make them function. But that's not to say anything bad, they all look incredible.

I would like to do that but to make them fore-fill their purpose realistically within gameplay would be an absolute arse. Invisible righting arms on burst motors might aiding the spikes might be the only way around the issue but It could cause the game to lag.

Right, well I'm still waiting for a reply from Wham before the components and arenas can get exported into the game so I got bored last night and I knocked up a rough representation of the Series 3 arena as it is probably one of the most requested areas today.

Offline RpJk

• ♫Time has come to listen to the crying of their puppet souls♫
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -1
  • Done and done.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 05:58:31 PM »
Interesting. I've always wanted that kind of arena in which the only hazard is a pit and OOTA walls.

Maybe a go at Series 1 next?
Old Stock Showcase: https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=6590.0

I've moved to other forums. Under a different name. This is where it all began.

Offline GoldenFox93

• Giga Heavyweight
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 07:22:35 PM »

Cheers mate, I dont know if they will be part of the pack to be honest, Wham hasn't messaged me back. The reason why I dished out Mega Morg is because it is a uniquely shaped robot, it was popular in the series and its Tag Team partners Diotor & X-terminator are already in the game so it would be a good addition for the RW purist.  :thumbup
He has been away for quite a while, but he did say he's busy but would be happy for any help he can receive with it, so give him some time. As for Mega Morg, that's definitely a nice addition when seen in that way- I mean, it'd certainly be fun to have a rematch with Firestorm using it.

I would like to do that but to make them fore-fill their purpose realistically within gameplay would be an absolute arse. Invisible righting arms on burst motors might aiding the spikes might be the only way around the issue but It could cause the game to lag.
How about something like this for the inside? It worked well for a remade version of Vlad the Impaler's srimech I tried in DSL2, so perhaps it might do here as well.

-Soundwave

Offline AlexGRFan97

• Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: -7
  • Cheeki Breeki.
    • AlexGRFan97
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2013, 07:03:06 AM »
Interesting. I've always wanted that kind of arena in which the only hazard is a pit and OOTA walls.
Don't want to burst your bubble, but I think you're forgetting about the floor spikes, the flame pit and the flipper. There were also the wall-mounted flamethrowers, but they might be difficult to implement. Ah well, there's always an optional version of the arena with the sealed pit from the heat final onwards.

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 04:29:15 PM »
I must say I still love tough as nails. It was a smart design, and a simple one: grab opponent, take it into the pit, and win.

Offline That Robot is a Spy!

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -10
  • ^Best for Business
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, 10:28:40 AM »
I must say I still love tough as nails. It was a smart design, and a simple one: grab opponent, take it into the pit, and win.

Nice troll bait.

Oh yeah, the designs are cool too. Good luck with this project man, I might be interested in the finished project.

Offline HereticBlue

• View Profile
    • Team Immersion
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2013, 03:49:31 PM »

Maybe a go at Series 1 next?

I've made a combination of the Series 1 & 2 arenas but im not too sure whether it would be worth adding to the game.

How about something like this for the inside? It worked well for a remade version of Vlad the Impaler's srimech I tried in DSL2, so perhaps it might do here as well.
(Image removed from quote.)

Ooh, looks plausible. It might lag the arse off the game but its worth a try!  :rage

There were also the wall-mounted flamethrowers, but they might be difficult to implement. Ah well, there's always an optional version of the arena with the sealed pit from the heat final onwards.

I agree with you regarding the flamethrowers, I'd have to have a few words with the experienced builders/scripters to find out whether or not they're worth it.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for a reply from Wham so I knocked up the two iconic robots, Iron Awe 2.1 & Robochicken.

Offline MassimoV

• I Move Weight
  • Rep: 24
  • I make rap for people of Serbia
    • MassimoVTV
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Mourning Glory
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2013, 03:53:11 PM »
Iron Awe looks nice in black. Excellent work dude.

Offline Scrap Daddy

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 05:30:55 PM »
What are you making these in and can they be exported to RA2?