Robot Arena > Modifications

Robot Arena 2: Component Freedom (remove 7-component limit!)

<< < (2/25) > >>

Mr. AS:
My AV started having a hissy fit when I tried to download it.

Probably a false positive since I was able to run it just fine after disabling my AV, downloading it and then re-enabling the AV, but I thought I'd just let you know.

It should be interesting to see if tourney hosts allow people to bypass rule of 7 on thier entries or not.

R01:

--- Quote from: Mr. AS on May 01, 2016, 02:41:00 PM ---My AV started having a hissy fit when I tried to download it.

(Image removed from quote.)

Probably a false positive since I was able to run it just fine after disabling by AV and downloading it, but I thought I'd just let you know.

It should be interesting to see if tourney hosts allow people to bypass rule of 7 on thier entries or not.

--- End quote ---
Probably because the .exe has been modified in an odd way, quite a lot of hacking tools(and with hacking I mean game editing ones) seem to trigger antiviruses. Also the thing about tournaments is exactly what I thought.

Serge:

--- Quote from: Mr. AS on May 01, 2016, 02:41:00 PM ---Probably a false positive since I was able to run it just fine after disabling my AV, downloading it and then re-enabling the AV, but I thought I'd just let you know.

--- End quote ---

It's a Smart Feature (tm) by Avast that triggers when you download from a little known site (ie., mine). According to their forums:

--- Quote ---Hi,
DomainRep is a new feature of Avast, so let me explain a bit. It blocks EXE files downloads if these conditions are *all* met:
1. The file is not prevalent enough, ie. not enough Avast users launched the file yet,
2. The domain is not prevalent enough, ie. not enough Avast users downloaded (any) EXE files from the domain yet,
3. The file is not signed or Avast does not trust the signature.
--- End quote ---

Sorry about that. If someone from GTM packs this into a .zip and uploads it to the site downloads, I'll update links to point there instead.

yugitom:
You're awesome, Serge :D

--- Quote from: Mr. AS on May 01, 2016, 02:41:00 PM ---It should be interesting to see if tourney hosts allow people to bypass rule of 7 on thier entries or not.

--- End quote ---
I'm thinking about this, as well. Hosts would probably have to wait until people start showcasing bots that use this to see if it can lead to absurd and/or op results. IRL tournaments will probably be the ones that use it almost all the time.

Avalanche:
This will be utterly brilliant for IRL builders.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version