Author Topic: ReForged AI Pack - Version 2.0 In Development  (Read 60720 times)

Offline DaSnowingSteak

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
  • TheSnowingSteak 2.0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: ReForged AI Pack - Development
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2015, 03:31:53 PM »
You know this build bots and send them to me concept gives me a really fun idea where people send there bots no matter how terrible and an ai pack is made to showcase bots made all over the community.
The Steak is reborn.

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2015, 04:20:28 PM »
1 thought - is there an audience for your idea? If you're not sure that people are going to play it, it's not worth anybody's time being spent on it.
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline helloface

• Rep: -11
  • 090901's cumslave
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Helloface#2112
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2015, 04:36:06 PM »
Most of the entries aren't that bad. Even mine isn't too bad. Overall I think it'll be a decently balanced pack for everyone.

Edit:
1 thought - is there an audience for your idea? If you're not sure that people are going to play it, it's not worth anybody's time being spent on it.
It's the only real AI pack for this as far as I know aside from the one that's already there which is pretty much mostly IRL style. I'm sure it'll get a good amount of downloads for anyone who builds on IF actively.
Oh I'll be doing some banging.......

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2015, 04:50:53 PM »
Yeah, ReForged will for sure, I'm pretty pumped to try it out, I was talking about DSS's idea.
//

Offline helloface

• Rep: -11
  • 090901's cumslave
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Helloface#2112
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2015, 05:01:55 PM »
Yeah, ReForged will for sure, I'm pretty pumped to try it out, I was talking about DSS's idea.
Ah, okay. I feel like the problem with that is people will dump their really crappy bots on us and that'll set a bad example for newcomers. On the other hand, newbies will have an opportunity to contribute and some of the better builders will be able to put out really interesting and creative designs that might not be effective in other situations. It could go really poorly or turn out to be very interesting.
Oh I'll be doing some banging.......

Offline DaSnowingSteak

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
  • TheSnowingSteak 2.0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2015, 03:20:38 PM »
You have a point some may not think the the finished product would be solid.  It's and idea and I have little skills in ai at this point maybe in the future but we're getting off topic.
The Steak is reborn.

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2015, 03:49:08 PM »
I know that there have been AI packs where it was made by one person, 15 teams and all. However, that took years of development.
It's worth noting that most (read: pretty much all) of the 2-ish years that it took to put out ASAI was spent not actually working on the pack. If I actually put in time every day to make the pack it probably would have been done in up to 2 or 3 months at the most.
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline 123savethewhales

• Rep: 30
  • Friendship is Magic
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2015, 08:11:42 AM »
I know that there have been AI packs where it was made by one person, 15 teams and all. However, that took years of development.
It's worth noting that most (read: pretty much all) of the 2-ish years that it took to put out ASAI was spent not actually working on the pack. If I actually put in time every day to make the pack it probably would have been done in up to 2 or 3 months at the most.
Took me 2 weeks to put 10 teams together in 123AI, then wait 2 months for other people to send in their bots.

Offline RedAce

• Host of The Award Winning Deathmatch Series
  • Rep: 21
  • Yep, I'm that RedAce guy.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: ThatRedAceGuy#3618
« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2015, 04:20:34 PM »
I've been thinking it through, but everything that isn't the AI is about complete. There a couple of things needing testing, but since this is almost done, I feel this could be released earlier than I thought it would take. With that said, I'll set a deadline for October 5, 2015 to get their bots sent to me before I remove their name due to inactivity, assuming you don't mind me putting one in for this to begin with.

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2015, 03:24:40 PM »
DP I'm assuming you're not saying anything assumes you guys are cool with it.  Got it.  Send those bots to me guys.

Also,  I've finally gotten myself into component skinning.  If you guys want something to be reskinned from what you already sent me, then let me know.  I got a couple done so far.  For the record, I'll be using some skins of my own, and some from Mr. AS's skin pack assuming he's cool with it.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 06:28:22 PM by RedAce »

Offline Mr. AS

• robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2015, 04:58:48 PM »
and some from Mr. AS's skin pack, assuming he's cool with it.
yeah that's fine
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2015, 08:45:46 AM »
Well, October 5th has passed, and for those who haven't finished their bots they wanted to submit, I apologize.  Perhaps in an update later down the road, I can let you submit an improvement.  I'll finish up the last remaining bots for the first release.

Offline FOTEPX

• Your dad
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 5
  • Thank you, meow.
    • Bamzookiman130
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Shima33 #9110
« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2015, 11:41:33 AM »
Well, October 5th has passed, and for those who haven't finished their bots they wanted to submit, I apologize.  Perhaps in an update later down the road, I can let you submit an improvement.  I'll finish up the last remaining bots for the first release.

When will the first release be... well, released?

Currently listening to: Marblehead Johnson - The Bluetones

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2015, 08:59:09 PM »

Probably within four or five days.  Why is that?  Two reasons.  First off, one I won't explain just yet, and secondly and most importantly, I have completed the final three bots needed for the pack.

Now hold the phone.  I still need to put the final touches in the right areas an tweak a couple things.  For example, I will ask nicely for a few Beta Testers to double check the AI and make sure I haven't goofed up anywhere or made a weird error for the first release.

Yup.  I plan on releasing this soon, but not after some AI Beta testing.  If you can kindly PM me whether from GTM or Skype or whatever you prefer, I'll give you personal access to the AI to make sure everything is good to go.  I'll provide more details in a PM.  Keep in mind, I will NOT provide everyone early access to this, just the ones who know AI knowledge from ranging from at minimum wage standards to an AI wizard (not like the RA2 wizard Sage) who knows every bit of AI top to bottom.

tl;dr:  I need some Beta testers for the AI.

Offline FOTEPX

• Your dad
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 5
  • Thank you, meow.
    • Bamzookiman130
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Shima33 #9110
« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2015, 02:11:28 PM »

Probably within four or five days.  Why is that?  Two reasons.  First off, one I won't explain just yet, and secondly and most importantly, I have completed the final three bots needed for the pack.

Now hold the phone.  I still need to put the final touches in the right areas an tweak a couple things.  For example, I will ask nicely for a few Beta Testers to double check the AI and make sure I haven't goofed up anywhere or made a weird error for the first release.

Yup.  I plan on releasing this soon, but not after some AI Beta testing.  If you can kindly PM me whether from GTM or Skype or whatever you prefer, I'll give you personal access to the AI to make sure everything is good to go.  I'll provide more details in a PM.  Keep in mind, I will NOT provide everyone early access to this, just the ones who know AI knowledge from ranging from at minimum wage standards to an AI wizard (not like the RA2 wizard Sage) who knows every bit of AI top to bottom.

tl;dr:  I need some Beta testers for the AI.

Sure, no problems with that. Hell, I'll beta test for you if you want.

Currently listening to: Marblehead Johnson - The Bluetones

Offline Mr. AS

• robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2015, 02:49:25 PM »
ja I can beta test too if you want

Offline The Red Blur

• The real Jeff
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -10
  • Jesus, climbed up to -11 rep
    • not yet, m80 ;)
    • View Profile
    • completely uninteresting website.com
    • Awards
Re: Ironforge 1.1 Stock AI (Name WIP) Project - Discussion/Development
« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2015, 05:33:32 AM »
This might be a reason for me to download Ironforge
and the fact that all parts are actually balanced, so noone has an unfair advantage just because they use crappier looking, yet far better stat-wise parts? Does that mean nothing?

Also, we can't forget that DSL over-complicates things.
~Red
P.S I'll be happy to beta test it

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2015, 05:48:15 AM »
P.S I'll be happy to beta test it
I appreciate that offer, yet I have already sent out the AI to a couple testers already.  Thanks for the offer anyway.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 07:44:38 AM by RedAce »

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: ReForged AI Pack - Version 1.0 Released
« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2015, 04:12:09 AM »
DP:  Version 1.0 is released!  You can check the front page for the download, but if you don't feel like getting one from there, you can get one here.

Offline cephalopod

Re: ReForged AI Pack - Version 1.0 Released
« Reply #99 on: October 14, 2015, 09:14:12 AM »
Awesome to see this released, nice work! I look forward to trying it out when I have a bit of time.
//