Author Topic: RA2: Retooled  (Read 36491 times)

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RA2: Retooled
« on: September 23, 2015, 03:27:53 PM »

Download links:
Beta (patch format): https://gametechmods.com/uploads/files/1247Retooled_Beta_Patch.rar
Beta (standalone): https://mega.nz/#!ogE0kYjT!j93YRURG4M54_4n7coD1UlZtefbcfXJ11zhchkmtwQE
      Beta.1 Patch: https://gametechmods.com/uploads/files/3742beta_1.rar (apply after you install the Beta)
(more coming soon!)

--INFO--
-Retooled is a TC (total conversion) mod that intends on giving the stock components each thier own individual purpose.
-Plows are useful for pushing or flipping, pole spikes are useful on rammers, ice picks have been turned into massively damaging (and fragile) hammers, and so on.
-Retooled also features much more in-depth balancing than stock, as well as listing the DP (damage potential compared to other weapons), HP, motor speed, and such of each component.
-Some of the robots in this pack are marked as "AW-", "BW-", and "SHW-" meaning "Antweight", "Beetleweight", and Superheavyweight respectively.
   -AW is 125kg maximum, BW is 175kg maximum, and SHW is 1200kg maximum.
   -There are also antiballasts included in the "Power" section of the components that adjust the weight limit. Just make sure you remove them before you enter the test lab or battle.

--INFO--
-Retooled is a TC (total conversion) mod that intends on giving the stock components each thier own individual purpose.
-Plows are useful for pushing or flipping, pole spikes are useful on rammers, ice picks have been turned into massively damaging (and fragile) hammers, and so on.
-Retooled also features much more in-depth balancing than stock, as well as listing the DP (damage potential compared to other weapons), HP, motor speed, and such of each component.
-Some of the robots in this pack are marked as AW-, BW-, and SHW- meaning Antweight, Beetleweight, and Superheavyweight respectively.
   -AW is 125kg maximum, BW is 175kg maximum, and SHW is 1200kg maximum.
   -There are also antiballasts included in the Power section of the components that adjust the weight limit. Just make sure you remove them before you enter the test lab or battle.

--CONTENTS--
-New set of components
-Components imported directly from Robot Arena 1
-55 armors ranging from 0.05mm of plastic to 2 centimeters of steel.
-Every weapon/extender/decoration does damage
   -This allows for more creative designs, such as effective pushers and flippers
-Expanded usage of cheatbot2
   -Cheatbot2 components are less realistic, but now opens up several new bot types
-All weapon spin motors can pass through the chassis, but cannot be attached directly to the chassis.
-6 AI teams
-New botlab UI
-Additional textures/surface layersdecals
-A few easter eggs, if you can find them.

--INSTALLATION--
Patch:
-Copy the contents of the Retooled Beta folder and paste them over a clean download of Robot Arena 2.
   -Clean means that you have no currently installed mods on this copy of RA2.
   -When asked if you want to replace any existing files, click yes.
Standalone:
-Open the executable
   -That's it. That's all you have to do.

--THE GAME CRASHES HALP--
Delete your corrupted copy of the game and attempt to repeat the installation process on a new copy.
If problems persist, gametechmods has a technical support section on the forum.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 03:50:40 PM by Mr. AS »
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline Mr. AS

• robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Mr. AS's Mod (yet to be named)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 03:56:12 PM »
Wedges for invertible robots. Come in 3 sizes.

Example robot, large wedge covers almost the entirety of a maximum width chassis.

Might make them longer or create a set of longer wedges that cost more weight. Guess which component I edited this from.
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 04:01:18 AM »
...The razor tip ?

Offline Mr. AS

• robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 08:17:35 PM »
...The razor tip ?
Couldn't be more wrong, EMERGENCY wedge.

Here's a wheel based off of one of the wheels in Robot Wars: Arenas of Destruction.

This wheel happened to be my favorite back in the day, even though all the wheels basically performed the same. AP is a bit weird looking, but it attaches fine like most of the other DSL wheels. Weight and stats will be changed. Description might be edited a bit to sound less awkward.

Offline RedAce

• Host of The Award Winning Deathmatch Series
  • Yep, I'm that RedAce guy.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: ThatRedAceGuy#3618
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 08:23:16 PM »
So I suppose you got that shiny wheel issue working now?  I'm guessing this what you wanted to do with them.

I like this.  The tread part kinda looks weird, but it's good otherwise.

Offline Mr. AS

• robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 08:41:10 PM »
So I suppose you got that shiny wheel issue working now?  I'm guessing this what you wanted to do with them.
No, I wanted to make the shiny wheel a whitewall wheel, but serge's compiler kept messing up the appearance of the actual hub and dummy's compiler just made the wheel disappear completely. This is edited from an S3 wheel.

Yeah I agree the thread looks kind of weird, so I fixed up the texture real quick:

Offline FOTEPX

• Your dad
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 5
  • Thank you, meow.
    • Bamzookiman130
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Shima33 #9110
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2015, 06:35:30 AM »
Looking awesome, man. Think you could add the other wheels from AoD as well?

Currently listening to: Marblehead Johnson - The Bluetones

Offline Mr. AS

• robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 03:44:19 AM »
Looking awesome, man. Think you could add the other wheels from AoD as well?
Depends on if I can find the textures for them or not.

Reskins ahoy.

Hardox extender. This extender will be the steel extender taken up to 11, being even heavier and having more HP than steel. weight is currently the same as the steel extender and will be scaled up.

This wheel is reskinned to distance itself from Pussycat, due to the guys who built it being, well, dead. That would put a pretty big hole in any chance of the rest of the RW:RA2 team getting permissions from them. This is the first reskin out of the bunch that was made and it shows. Not really a huge fan of the tread (which is literally just the "squares.tga" surface layer from stock over a blue background). Will probably be redone.

White wheel made solely to satisfy my whitewall wheel fetish to distance the wheel from Tornado, little did I realize when I was reskinning it that Tornado was actually in the pack (and uses pussycat wheels for some reason). Both this and the default tornado wheel will be available to use.

Green Tazbot wheel. It will be made heavier (around DSL techno wheel weight and grip).

Silver sawblades are cool and all, but honestly they looked kind of boring IMO. Shoutout to RW:ED for the sawblade texture.

I was originally going to skin this as the blue-ish carbon disk from AoD, but that looks too much like the weapon on Pussycat (who, again, will likely not be in the pack any time soon), so the McDonalds color scheme'd RW:ED palette will have to do. Couldn't find the texture for the equivalent of this weapon in ED's files though, otherwise I would just use that instead of making my own texture like I did for this and a flywheel that I'll show off later.

Red warning light. All of the "warning sirens" will be made into burst motors and make sound when fired. You won't be able to attach things onto these though, because that would be pretty stupid. The "RedLED" and "Eruption warning lights" currently selectable will likely be replaced with more colored warning lights similar to the one pictured. Weight will be scaled down along with the other warning lights.

Note that the only component here that has been balanced so far is the 60 cm sawblade and the Carbon Cutting Disk, the weights and displayed stats in the descriptions do not reflect their finalized stats. The balancing that I'm aiming for is so that every component will have fairly high stats and that you will be able to knock parts off of the AI robots with your robots fairly easily. Don't be surprised if robots score 6-digit amounts of points by the end of a 3 minute match.

In case you were wondering, balancing is currently 25% complete. Balancing should be 100% complete by Christmas at the latest, and then I can focus more on making more AI parts usable and making parts of my own.

Offline Mecha

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 7
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 03:58:33 AM »
Great job man. I love them.   :heart_smiley:

Offline Mr. AS

• robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2015, 02:09:51 PM »
Introducing the new multiextender. Name and description is subject to change.

Also features a darkened version, but it works the same as the light one.

Has no weight or collision. If you use the bottom attachment point, the side attachment point will be exactly 0.16 high, which is the middle of a minimum height chassis. Unlike the multiextenders in DSL, these cannot be attached outside of the chassis (unless you use a mega adapter, in which case they have a whole 5 HP. Not a typo.), so it makes them much easier to use than DSL multiextenders. The attachment point sticking out the back can be used to put components on the bottom of your chassis.

Components can be seamlessly put on the top and bottom of a minimum height chassis. It should work for the bottom of your chassis at all heights, but I haven't tested putting components on the top at different chassis heights yet.

Not sure if I should just get rid of the DSL 3 baseplate anchors altogether, since they seem kind of useless apart from having angled variants. I don't want component selection to become too cluttered with redundant components, however.

Also, all the existing batteries and burst motors have been rebalanced. I'll get to that later though.

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2015, 02:15:25 PM »
Not bad.  I could get some use out of it.

There's two hidden extra updates in the first image. Can you find them?
The mouse cursor and the decorations tab.  Can I have my cookie now?

Offline Mr. AS

• robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2016, 09:24:20 PM »
===EVERYTHING ABOVE THIS LINE IS NOT FOR THE MOD. You can thank Naryar for merging the above posts into this thread anyway.===

Time to brush off the showcase. Might clean it up later and make this the OP since most of this thread kind of sucks, idk.

Anyway, gave the chewblades some alternate sizes like every other sawblade-type component ever.

Weight ranges from 8 kg to about 30 kg. APs on both sides of the sawblade like you'd expect, and can connect to each other/other generic_M's.

BTW, the smallest one on the top there is slightly smaller (about 0.75 times as large) than the default sawblade. Might be good for BW's. The second-to-top one is the same size as the default size, middle one is 1.25 times as large, then 1.5 for the second-to-bottom one, and finally 1.75 for the bottom one.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 08:33:13 PM by Mr. AS »

Offline MassimoV

• I Move Weight
  • Rep: 24
  • I make rap for people of Serbia
    • MassimoVTV
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Mourning Glory
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2016, 10:05:06 AM »
<3 the bigass chewblade

Offline Scorpion

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2016, 06:06:11 AM »
bigass chewblade OP
Genuinely, the larger one looks like it would be sweet for VSes.

Offline Mr. AS

• robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2016, 03:02:36 AM »
bigass chewblade OP
I'm on the fence about keeping it's original circular collision mesh (which is terrible for punting but good for saws), or matching the collision mesh up to the visual mesh so it's better at punting while making it a bit worse at being a saw.

Anyway, I made the beater bars a more visually appealing by making the big ones longer instead of outright larger.

It always irked me how pathetic looking the small beater bar looked, so I beefed them up a little. The small beater bar is slightly shorter than the old DSL large beater bar, and here's why:

It's now exactly one snap-to-grid square long (which I will not now be referring to as STGS units for convenience). The smallest square you can make legally in the bot lab is 0.22 wide by 0.22 long, which is how long the new small beater bar is. The medium beater bar is 2 STGS units, and the large one is 3 STGS units.

(BTW, I don't know why they're so grey in the first 2 pictures, they're supposed to be a bit blue-ish like in the third picture)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 12:43:34 PM by Mr. AS »

Offline FOTEPX

• Your dad
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Thank you, meow.
    • Bamzookiman130
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2016, 05:32:21 AM »
bigass chewblade OP
I'm on the fence about keeping it's original circular collision mesh (which is terrible for punting but good for saws), or matching the collision mesh up to the visual mesh so it's better at punting while making it a bit worse at being a saw.

Anyway, I made the beater bars a more visually appealing by making the big ones longer instead of outright larger.

(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)

It always irked me how pathetic looking the small beater bar looked, so I beefed them up a little. The small beater bar is slightly shorter than the old DSL large beater bar, and here's why:

(Image removed from quote.)

It's now exactly one snap-to-grid square long (which I will not be referring to as STGS units for convenience). The smallest square you can make legally in the bot lab is 0.22 wide by 0.22 long, which is how long the new small beater bar is. The medium beater bar is 2 STGS units, and the large one is 3 STGS units.

(BTW, I don't know why they're so grey in the first 2 pictures, they're supposed to be a bit blue-ish like in the third picture)

Honestly, I really like that. Do the stats scale with the size, and can we perhaps see these in DSL 2.3?

Also, it's fine as grey. having them as a weird shade of blue doesn't really work.

Offline Scrap Daddy

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2016, 12:21:44 PM »
cool stuff here. I too like the giant chewblade.

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2016, 09:52:22 PM »
and can we perhaps see these in DSL 2.3?
Well, AS did say something about a possible mod in the Skype chat, which might give me an explanation on these two components.

And I will agree with the others that the giant chewblade is awesome.

Offline Mr. AS

• robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2016, 04:50:08 PM »
Do the stats scale with the size, and can we perhaps see these in DSL 2.3?

Also, it's fine as grey. having them as a weird shade of blue doesn't really work.
tbh i don't want to wait another decade for 2.3 to come out  :rolleyes:

Yeah, weight + stats scale with size. Blue beater bars looked a lot cooler in my head than they do in-game. I'll probably lighten the shade of blue or remove the blue shade entirely.

These drive zteks look good in blue, though. Inspired by this component I Like Tacos made a few years back, but this one is a bit more versatile.

Come in 5 sizes. Weights range from 10 kg to 65 kg. Fits snugly inside a minimum height chassis. APs are on the top, bottom, behind it. Ignore the one on the axle, if you try to attach it to the chassis you won't be able to attach anything to the axle itself.

Just for reference, 2 of the the medium zteks (30 kg, same weight as the stock one) should be fast enough for a MW, and the big long 65 kg ones are fast enough for a HW.

Offline FOTEPX

• Your dad
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Thank you, meow.
    • Bamzookiman130
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2016, 05:41:21 PM »
Should add a gear, and a belt that runs from the gear to the spindle. Other than that, it looks actually really freakin' sweet. See if you could superimpose some circuitry or something over the blue bits (or if you don't know how send me the maps and I'll manage it) to give it that extra "woo future" look. Also...

Fits snugly inside a minimum height chassis.

You have no idea how happy this makes me. Components fitting together like Lego in Ironforge is something the latest DSL should have, too.