Author Topic: Natural Selection AI  (Read 1370 times)

Offline FOTEPX

• Your dad
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 5
  • Thank you, meow.
    • Bamzookiman130
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Shima33 #9110
Natural Selection AI
« on: June 23, 2018, 08:42:55 PM »

AI Evolved, Natural Selection AI ain't just your ordinary AI pack. It differs from every other AI pack out there in a few areas:

-All robots in this pack are made by people from this community.
-Spaces are limited, but submissions for new teams are always open.
-The best teams survive, the worst go extinct.

So, how exactly does this work?
Anyone can submit any amount of teams, so long as each team consists of at least 1 LW, MW and HW. Spaces are limited to only 32 teams, however, so only 32 teams at a time will be in the pack.

What happens when more than 32 teams are submitted?
Ah, now that's where things get interesting. Once we go over 32 teams, a 16-team swiss-style tournament starts, with the most powerful HW, MW or LW from each team stepping up to represent, depending on which weight class is randomly decided. The 16 teams submitted into that swiss are the 16 least recently tested teams, I.E. new entrants or teams that haven't been in combat recently. The top scoring 8 stay in the pack, the rest go EXTINCT FOREVER! Much like Darwin's theory of evolution, you have to fight to keep your spot in the pack.

Do I have to submit bots based off of the regular teams, I.E Red Zone, Prehistoric Etc.?
Not at all! Go nuts with your creativity, make whatever you want.

Okay, but, why?
This AI pack is designed to keep evolving as the meta evolves. The closest thing to a community AI pack, NAR AI, has 130+ teams and some of those are using building standards from 2006 - it's impossible to tell what's good and what isn't. With this, only the best bots at the given moment are in, the cream rises to the top.

DSL-S or IRL?
You can submit either, but keep in mind that your bot will have to stand up to everybody else's, and there will be no concessions made if you're a DSL-IRL bot that comes up against a DSL-S bot. Survival of the fittest! If you're really dead-set on including some IRL bots, the best thing to do is to submit 1 rock-solid DSL-S LW, MW & HW (to cover your arse if you get called into a swiss), and then use your other 3 team slots for your flashy IRL stuff.

Are there any other rules I should be aware of?
A full rulelist, as well as download link, will be available at the bottom of this post.

Can I upgrade a bot once it's already in this pack?
Sure, but keep in mind that points for a team are decided on a bot-by-bot basis. If your HW has won 5 competitions and you want to update it, those 5 points will be removed, so it might be wiser to submit a new team or just not update.

My team has two LW's/MW's/HW's - what happens now?
To decide who represents the team in the MW category, those two MW's will fight each other in a best of 3. Whoever wins that goes on to represent the team in that category. This enables builders to have the freedom to create one competitive bot and another that might be more of a show piece.

Full list of rules:

And that's it!

Download link:
Oh, geez! We haven't received enough teams yet to release this AI pack! Why don't you send FOTEPX a team or two?

GLHF  :cool:

Currently listening to: Marblehead Johnson - The Bluetones

Offline moziet

• rat
  • Antweight
  • Rep: 0
  • why does code get a pink name and not me :o(
    • https://www.youtube.com/u
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: moziet#6338
Re: Natural Selection AI
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 09:28:27 PM »
Everything I build becomes a HW! I'll try making one of them lightweights, though.

Hell, might put my team in a Spark predicament. Bad LW, decent MW, godlike HW.
jump jump jump jump

Showcase: https://gametechmods.com/forums/dsl-tc-showcases/moz-fails-at-dsl/
Tournaments:

Offline pokebro14

• Your mother
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • Interior crocodile alligator 🤔
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 05:46:07 AM »
I know I FORTPEX cant answer this right now but do they all have to be based on a theme? also no cruiser weights or super heavy weights?
Achievements and tournament placings

Offline FOTEPX

• Your dad
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Thank you, meow.
    • Bamzookiman130
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 10:15:06 PM »
I know I FORTPEX cant answer this right now but do they all have to be based on a theme? also no cruiser weights or super heavy weights?

No, they don't have to be based on a theme, you can make whatever you want. If you wanna do CW's and SHW's, you can do those in the 3 spare slots you have, but you'll only be judged on your skills in the LW, MW and HW departments.

Offline moziet

• rat
  • Antweight
  • Rep: 0
  • why does code get a pink name and not me :o(
    • https://www.youtube.com/u
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: moziet#6338
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 03:59:14 AM »
This still on?
jump jump jump jump

Showcase: https://gametechmods.com/forums/dsl-tc-showcases/moz-fails-at-dsl/
Tournaments:

Offline FOTEPX

• Your dad
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Thank you, meow.
    • Bamzookiman130
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 08:17:26 AM »
This still on?

Yeah, just delayed while I focus on 2.3.