Author Topic: MEGA PART PACK!  (Read 4562 times)

Offline Bladez

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://usss.wetpaint.com
    • Awards
MEGA PART PACK!
« on: May 17, 2008, 07:47:32 PM »
heres a huge mod pack i put together, its a combination of a bunch of mods (including DSL) that makes no changes to the UI so you people who are used to the normal RA2 UI like i am dont have to deal with the messed up DSL UI :) also it does not change the stock AI... to install simply extract the RAR and put all the files from the extracted folder in Program Files\Infogrames\Robot Arena 2 or whereever you have it

DOWNLOAD 52.14mb

NOTE: This mod only gives you extra parts in all categories, it does not change the game in any other way. Also, use cheatbot2 and you will have many hidden parts (some are completely useless but others are so good they had to be cheat parts) :)

ok its confirmed, these mods DO NOT work online.... at all..... you can't join online servers and play with them, so keep a backup of ur original Robot Arena 2 folder somewhere so u can play normal with it too
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 09:54:03 PM by Bladez »

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
MEGA PART PACK!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 04:42:10 AM »
Good work to put all these, but custom parts are for pussies. and when you add some DSL parts to your stock bot you generally own all Starcore 3's bots. DSL is way more high-powered than stock.

Offline Madiaba

The scoop...
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 09:11:28 AM »
Bladez, since all of this is 'pretend', one has to come up with parameters that are workable, and somewhat simulate reality (real robot battling).  Then, within those parameters, the challenge is for everyone to work and build the most effective bots you can, and thus compete against one another.
It's easy to make a one-hit-kill weapon and destroy your opponent(s) instantly.  But there's no challenge in that, (just an artificial sense of control, if that's what the person wants....).  So we all work within these guidelines, that as close as possible reflect reality(Stock and DSL), and strive to build a better mousetrap than each other.  Therein lays the challenge of thinking up an effective design, building, and then testing it out to max efficiency.  And let me tell you these guys are good...
-------------
As far as new stuff goes, I like new mods too.  To date, I've created literally 100's of components, over 20 arenas, about 50 coding tweaks, and bla, bla,....  So I like modding allot too; and I'm not the only one by any means, for there are several other modders here too with very cool ideas.  The components themselves are fun, but not useful when competing with others because it makes for an 'unlevel' playing field.  The arenas are useful though.  The coding mods are useful for new versions, patches, and arenas.  As far as components, if there's another new version to come out, any useful, realistic ones might be included in it.  
For the mods that are not yet universally accepted, users often created a new RA2 directory just for using those.  I'm currently working on a Battlefield arena with a Combat AI pack to fight against within it.  Other modders (Trov. and 70-C) are contributing their significant skills too.  It has as realistic parameters as the game permits.
So understand that I'm not saying mods are bad, at all.  It's just that this section, in which you posted, is for 'Stock RA2' - 'General Discussion'.  But if you'll look below it, there's another section called 'Modifications and designs' (https://gametechmods.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49). This is where you should post these, and any, mods.  I'll look through your work, and if you'd like to contact me I'd appreciate the exchange of ideas.

Madiaba.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 09:41:17 AM by Madiaba »
Input is appreciated. :)
-Arrogance is a quantity devoid of quality...
-As a client once told me "This is my story, and it's sticking to me!"
-Relationships these days are like the 'Arrival' section of the airport: a lot of baggage is being revealed in one place, and not a lot of it is being correlated to its real owners...

Offline CThompson08

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
MEGA PART PACK!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 11:13:29 PM »
Will these mods work w/out DSL 2.0?
Hey, how\'s it goin\'?  Go here to watch my YouTube stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/CThompson17

Offline ACAMS

MEGA PART PACK!
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 11:32:09 PM »
DSL is designed to be stand alone and NOT MODDED! You should use mods in all games EXCEPT DSL!

Offline Ice the frosty cat

• Antweight
  • Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
MEGA PART PACK!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 01:20:31 AM »
Quote from: ACAMS;9919
DSL is designed to be stand alone and NOT MODDED! You should use mods in all games EXCEPT DSL!

Do AI packs count?

Offline Clickbeetle

• Rep: 21
  • In Soviet Russia, bugs stomp YOU!
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
MEGA PART PACK!
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 03:48:13 PM »
Only use DSL AI packs with DSL, and stock AI packs with stock RA2.

As of now there's only one custom DSL AI pack, made by RFS.  Barbie and Phlox were making one a while ago but I don't know what happened to that.

To lack feeling is to be dead, but to act on every feeling is to be a child.
-Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings

Offline Sage

• Rep: 11
  • RA2 Wizard & GTM's Favorite Stock Builder 2015
  • Awards Sage's Favorite BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
MEGA PART PACK!
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 03:50:05 PM »
Quote from: Clickbeetle;10014
Only use DSL AI packs with DSL, and stock AI packs with stock RA2.

As of now there's only one custom DSL AI pack, made by RFS.  Barbie and Phlox were making one a while ago but I don't know what happened to that.

i heard they finished it. but they're gone :(
You got my vote for RA2 Wizard. Always and forever.

Offline babbay

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
MEGA PART PACK!
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 06:05:31 AM »
it is cool mod but when using a turret in event the game shuts down and when using an anti ballast your bot become invisible for you and opponents
P.S. Idon't speak english very well

Offline Flying_Chao

• Rep: 4
  • Unified Utopian State Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
MEGA PART PACK!
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 06:25:54 AM »
You are supposed to take the anti-ballast off before you actually battle....

Offline babbay

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
MEGA PART PACK!
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 07:08:04 AM »
and my bot will weight more than 800kg?
i try this variant > game is shuting down

Offline Flying_Chao

• Rep: 4
  • Unified Utopian State Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
MEGA PART PACK!
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008, 07:13:03 AM »
I have a bot that weighs about 4000 kg, and Venko's bots weigh about twice that. It will work if they are over 800 kg, you just have to put the anti-ballast back on whenever you want to edit the bot.

Offline babbay

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
MEGA PART PACK!
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 10:54:55 AM »
I'll try
thanks

its working but not always :vista:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 02:39:49 AM by babbay »

Offline bbankrablo

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: MEGA PART PACK!
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2020, 04:45:43 PM »
My big-big question:
Does anyone have this pack?

I mean I downloaded a long time ago, burnt to disc (with other things) but I found out today:
The disc is rotten, totally unreadable :-/