Author Topic: IRL Components - Pack Four Discussion  (Read 34387 times)

Offline TommyProductionsInc

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 12
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: IRL Components - Pack Four Discussion
« Reply #200 on: June 19, 2018, 11:28:02 AM »
I can help out with the motors. Maybe I could make ETekRs and change the whole NPCT64 setup. Are there NPC-Fasts in real life? If not, we should remove them and just have regular NPCs be better.

Perm drive, TW3MR4 drive, maybe even re-introduce stock components with updated stats and graphics? The more the merrier. I can go around looking for motors from other mods and use those as well.

IMO the NPC fast would be a T-74. Which is slightly bigger, faster and heavier version of the T-64. Is planned. Also planned are Right-angle NPCs, which will only be in 'slow' flavour. May be based on the NPC B-81 but would need to be mirrored.
Cool! I was also thinking of adding plastic or fibreglass extenders, for decorative purposes.

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
« Reply #201 on: June 19, 2018, 11:36:14 AM »
Drive motors that power a set of 2 wheels, allowing for 4wd capabilities, when only using 2 motors.
Things I did & done

Offline superbot13

• Middleweight
  • Rep: -3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: June 19, 2018, 04:23:55 PM »
Can you add bursts that use air. And 180 degree motors
Guess who's back

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #203 on: June 19, 2018, 05:14:03 PM »
Can you add bursts that use air. And 180 degree motors
Bursts cant use air. it is hardcoded into exe iirc. As for 180 motors, you can bfe bursts to fire in 180 degree. I made a simple tutorial.
DSC if you need help in making stuff, i can help

Offline RedAce

• Host of The Award Winning Deathmatch Series
  • Rep: 21
  • Yep, I'm that RedAce guy.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: ThatRedAceGuy#3618
« Reply #204 on: October 26, 2018, 11:58:09 AM »
*Not entirely sure where I should post this, but I feel it's relevant to the mod in question, I felt the need to post it here.  If anyone feels a better place for this, then please let me know and move this post please.  Thanks.

A while back, Click released a crash patch for DSL 2.2.  If you want to full description, then click this link.  It basically makes DSL 2.2 playable so crashes aren't ruining what could be exciting IRL tournament battles.  However, it effectively patched the base mod, leaving the DSC IRL Packs untouched, and that's where I step in.  I decided to make a crash patch for this said pack so any future IRL tournaments as of this post can be much more manageable than before or just anyone who wants to casually run these DSC packs without any crashes.

Click here for the patch.

After testing a few matches, I haven't gotten a single crash, so I think it worked, but please let me know if I have missed ANY small details, cause with something that took me nearly a grand total eight hours to get done, I really don't want to miss anything at this point.  I may not sound like it from this post and I really don't feel like exaggerating it in text form either, but the tedium from working on this has effectively made me a broken person.

I'm also not sure if DSC is entirely active, but if he is, and if he isn't okay with me doing this in any way shape or form, then I will accept, and delete this post.  I completely understand any copyright whatever he might have over this.  I'm hoping everyone is okay with this, cause I will be running Deathmatch 3 with this patch on, so I'd advise testing with this.

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
« Reply #205 on: October 26, 2018, 12:13:22 PM »
*Not entirely sure where I should post this, but I feel it's relevant to the mod in question, I felt the need to post it here.  If anyone feels a better place for this, then please let me know and move this post please.  Thanks.

A while back, Click released a crash patch for DSL 2.2.  If you want to full description, then click this link.  It basically makes DSL 2.2 playable so crashes aren't ruining what could be exciting IRL tournament battles.  However, it effectively patched the base mod, leaving the DSC IRL Packs untouched, and that's where I step in.  I decided to make a crash patch for this said pack so any future IRL tournaments as of this post can be much more manageable than before or just anyone who wants to casually run these DSC packs without any crashes.

Click here for the patch.

After testing a few matches, I haven't gotten a single crash, so I think it worked, but please let me know if I have missed ANY small details, cause with something that took me nearly a grand total eight hours to get done, I really don't want to miss anything at this point.  I may not sound like it from this post and I really don't feel like exaggerating it in text form either, but the tedium from working on this has effectively made me a broken person.

I'm also not sure if DSC is entirely active, but if he is, and if he isn't okay with me doing this in any way shape or form, then I will accept, and delete this post.  I completely understand any copyright whatever he might have over this.  I'm hoping everyone is okay with this, cause I will be running Deathmatch 3 with this patch on, so I'd advise testing with this.
Holy sh** Red you got this out quick. Much love for the dedication and for making the game better  :heart_smiley:
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
« Reply #206 on: October 26, 2018, 01:03:36 PM »
Upon further investigation. It breaks the physics of the game... Like everything slows down etc
Things I did & done

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #207 on: October 26, 2018, 01:08:57 PM »
Can confirm. We've tested it on multiple machines and it's consistent behaviour. Most of my bots struggle to self right and don't handle right where in unpatched 2.2 they drive just fine and back flip when self righting. No idea what the cause is unfortunately.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 02:05:22 PM by TheRoboteer »

Offline RedAce

• Host of The Award Winning Deathmatch Series
  • Yep, I'm that RedAce guy.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: ThatRedAceGuy#3618
« Reply #208 on: October 26, 2018, 02:17:32 PM »
Huh, strange.  Even weirder is I haven't seemed to get the issues as of now.  I'm not sure if it's some benefit on my PC or Parsec itself messing with it.  I'll have to fiddle around with some bots in general to see if I happen to find the issues mentioned.

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: October 26, 2018, 02:22:17 PM »
Huh, strange.  Even weirder is I haven't seemed to get the issues as of now.  I'm not sure if it's some benefit on my PC or Parsec itself messing with it.  I'll have to fiddle around with some bots in general to see if I happen to find the issues mentioned.
Shouldn't be parsec since I was doing my testing in an offline game and it was still affecting it. It's not immediately noticeable if you're only watching AI fights but when you drive it's super noticeable. Everything feels slower and weaker. Certainly odd.

Offline 09090901

• competitive irl
  • Rep: 22
  • anti-boomer super soldier
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #210 on: October 28, 2018, 05:06:54 PM »
yeah so the patch definitely changes how the in game physics work

here's bajur's nature wars bot that was having issues. slows the weapon motors to a crawl and causes it to gyro.

now before anyone says anything, don't blame redace. he didn't make the new collision meshes for the extenders. this one is on clickbeetle for making them
DSL-IRL is the libtard’s meta. Go drink more soylent, retard! #BLUELIVESMATTER

Offline Clickbeetle

• In Soviet Russia, bugs stomp YOU!
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
« Reply #211 on: November 04, 2018, 10:10:32 PM »

here's bajur's nature wars bot that was having issues. slows the weapon motors to a crawl and causes it to gyro.

now before anyone says anything, don't blame redace. he didn't make the new collision meshes for the extenders. this one is on clickbeetle for making them

That... is extremely bizarre.  I did a lot of test battles with the crash patch, and never got anything like this.

That said, I didn't test with any extremely complex extenderbots.  Are you only seeing the issue with bots that spam a lot of angle connectors and 10cm's?  (I can't quite see how the drum on that bot is built.  It seems to change with and without the patch, which should not happen.)

Edit: OK, I just built a test bot with a spinner using a ton of angle connectors and Matilda teeth, and I got something like the video shows.  Really weird physics.

The crash patch seems to be OK with standard bots, but breaks down when it comes to extenderbots.  Just like everything else in this game.  RA2 really hates extenderbots.  (And I am really starting to as well.)

If 2D collision is not going to work, the only other "solution" is to give everything giant oversized collision (about as big as the 20cm extenders).  Which might be OK for extenderbots with RA2CF enabled, but would ruin standard building.

I don't know what to tell you.  Fixing DSL seems to be a lost cause.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 10:45:49 PM by Clickbeetle »

To lack feeling is to be dead, but to act on every feeling is to be a child.
-Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings

Offline 09090901

• competitive irl
  • Rep: 22
  • anti-boomer super soldier
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #212 on: November 04, 2018, 10:21:08 PM »

That... is extremely bizarre.  I did a lot of test battles with the crash patch, and never got anything like this.

That said, I didn't test with any extremely complex extenderbots.  Are you only seeing the issue with bots that spam a lot of angle connectors and 10cm's?  (I can't quite see how the drum on that bot is built.  It seems to change with and without the patch, which should not happen.)

Bot in the vid is a chassisbot (with the new matilda teeth mesh), but it seems consistent with both chassis and extenderbots. From my testing it only seems to affect the game if you have them mounted on a motor (burst, spin motor). It doesn't seem to have any impact if they're static mounted.

here's a vid from TR on the changes between having the patch installed vs vanilla dsl on a flipper (and extenderbot)
DSL-IRL is the libtard’s meta. Go drink more soylent, retard! #BLUELIVESMATTER

Offline Clickbeetle

• In Soviet Russia, bugs stomp YOU!
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
« Reply #213 on: November 04, 2018, 10:50:14 PM »
Yeah I tried it out and got those weird physics.  See my edited post.

A few patched components on motors seem to work fine, but you get problems with a lot of them.

To lack feeling is to be dead, but to act on every feeling is to be a child.
-Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #214 on: November 05, 2018, 06:39:17 AM »
No, extenderbots arent the only bots that do that, it is basically every components on a motor/burst. Ra2 just doesnt like 2d meshes. Plan i would do is this: oversized collision for extenders/wedge edges, and 40/45 angles. Lower degree angles would have no collision enabled

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #215 on: November 05, 2018, 06:55:14 AM »
No, extenderbots arent the only bots that do that, it is basically every components on a motor/burst. Ra2 just doesnt like 2d meshes. Plan i would do is this: oversized collision for extenders/wedge edges, and 40/45 angles. Lower degree angles would have no collision enabled
Surely an oversized collision mesh for wedge edges would prevent them from, y'know, being wedgy?

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #216 on: November 05, 2018, 11:08:01 AM »
Surely an oversized collision mesh for wedge edges would prevent them from, y'know, being wedgy?
Not really?
(Huh, cant insert attachments, nice)
Green is collision

Curb your enthusiasm.png
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 11:33:22 AM by Hoppin »

Offline Dreamcast

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #217 on: May 04, 2019, 11:30:21 PM »
Long bump. The later colors like neon-blue appear to have .9-kilo 24cm aluminum extenders instead of 1.8-kilo for my game's vanilla extenders.

Offline helloface

• Rep: -11
  • 090901's cumslave
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Helloface#2112
« Reply #218 on: January 04, 2024, 04:43:01 PM »
links are kill
Oh I'll be doing some banging.......