Author Topic: IRL Components - Pack Four Discussion  (Read 34384 times)

Offline Olister92

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • Trust no one, suspect everyone
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Olister92#9751
Re: IRL Components - Pack Four Discussion
« Reply #180 on: April 10, 2018, 02:06:25 PM »
Idea to make the armour plates a bit more versatile. How about adding a thin triangle component that could be added to the sides of wedges that could allow them to curve? Like, a 10 degree curve per triangle and you can chain them together to make it curve more. That way we could make our own scoops and have wedges that also curve into wheelguards.

This sounds like a good idea

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #181 on: April 10, 2018, 02:10:19 PM »
Idea to make the armour plates a bit more versatile. How about adding a thin triangle component that could be added to the sides of wedges that could allow them to curve? Like, a 10 degree curve per triangle and you can chain them together to make it curve more. That way we could make our own scoops and have wedges that also curve into wheelguards.

Great idea. The only issue I can think off would be that chaining together a ton of 10 degree parts would make a weak scoop/wheelguard while also making the bot really crash-prone. If this were to be implemented, I think the current extender approach of variants of the component with varying angles would be the most appropriate.
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #182 on: April 10, 2018, 02:27:53 PM »

Great idea. The only issue I can think off would be that chaining together a ton of 10 degree parts would make a weak scoop/wheelguard while also making the bot really crash-prone. If this were to be implemented, I think the current extender approach of variants of the component with varying angles would be the most appropriate.
I mean, I absolutely agree with you on the "being weak and crash prone" front but I thought that'd be an okay tradeoff instead of getting DSC to make all the different combinations of wedge height, wedge angle, curve radius, curve angle, and curve direction, etc.

Offline Olister92

• Heavyweight
  • Trust no one, suspect everyone
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Olister92#9751
« Reply #183 on: April 13, 2018, 06:20:27 AM »
I had another idea this time about the Drums.
Would anyone else think it would be a good idea if they came in different weights as well as size, like extenders?
So you could have Small alu, tita and steel etc etc and the heavier materials have better HP

Offline moziet

• rat
  • Antweight
  • why does code get a pink name and not me :o(
    • https://www.youtube.com/u
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: moziet#6338
« Reply #184 on: April 13, 2018, 10:18:05 PM »
I had another idea this time about the Drums.
Would anyone else think it would be a good idea if they came in different weights as well as size, like extenders?
So you could have Small alu, tita and steel etc etc and the heavier materials have better HP

This.

Might I suggest different bar colors?
jump jump jump jump

Showcase: https://gametechmods.com/forums/dsl-tc-showcases/moz-fails-at-dsl/
Tournaments:

Offline The Answer

• Antweight
  • Rep: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: April 14, 2018, 03:20:27 AM »
I would love colored flipper segments.

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #186 on: April 14, 2018, 08:44:20 AM »
Can't help but feel different drum weights would be largely unused and are pretty unneeded
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline Thyrus

• Rep: 19
  • Back to purple '17
    • http://www.youtube.com/Th
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: April 14, 2018, 09:09:57 AM »
Giving the drum components a bit more HP wouldn't hurt tho imo. They tend to come off cuite easily if they are put up against typhoon teeth spinners

Offline TommyProductionsInc

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 12
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: April 15, 2018, 04:11:31 PM »
I was thinking of maybe changing up the stats of the motors. Make them more powerful/more capable of moving heavy weapons. I mean, since when to IRL HWs use an E-tek motor for weaponry in RA2? It's usually perm or above. I guess that would also warrant a redo of the wheels grip and stuff.

Offline Danangoo

• Beetleweight
  • Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: April 15, 2018, 06:32:09 PM »
I'd love to have colored wedges but different from the ones in the previous packs - I mean the giant wedges similar to Tornado's front wedge.

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
« Reply #190 on: April 26, 2018, 01:30:35 PM »
I'd like to see belt variations of motors, Piglet, E-Tek, Tmwr, Tornado Mer, 6 Mags and Dual Perms
Things I did & done

Offline moziet

• rat
  • Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: April 27, 2018, 02:18:42 AM »
I'd like to see belt variations of motors, Piglet, E-Tek, Tmwr, Tornado Mer, 6 Mags and Dual Perms

THIS. Also, different wheel colors? It could really help with replicas like Stinger: TKB or Carbide. even if i dont do replicas
jump jump jump jump

Tournaments:

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
« Reply #192 on: April 28, 2018, 04:51:27 PM »
Wheels designed to suit camber, with varying sizes and colour
Things I did & done

Offline kaiser

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: kaiser#0050
« Reply #193 on: May 01, 2018, 07:00:46 PM »
Giving the drum components a bit more HP wouldn't hurt tho imo. They tend to come off cuite easily if they are put up against typhoon teeth spinners
I was thinking of maybe changing up the stats of the motors. Make them more powerful/more capable of moving heavy weapons. I mean, since when to IRL HWs use an E-tek motor for weaponry in RA2? It's usually perm or above. I guess that would also warrant a redo of the wheels grip and stuff.

I strongly agree with both of these suggestions.
Battles are won in the bot lab, tournaments are won in the bindings.py

Offline dragonsteincole

• IRL Pack Guy
  • Rep: 9
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: IRL Components - Pack Three Fix
« Reply #194 on: May 15, 2018, 08:22:05 AM »
I've repackaged Pack Three, after potentially spotting what caused a lot of people to have difficulty opening the Rar file. Seems to be caused by WinRar packing the file in a newer format that cannot be read by older versions of WinRar. Can those who had this issue please try re-downloading and opening that file (there is an _r amended to the end of the filename to differentiate between them), and reporting if it can be opened, or if there is still an issue.

TL;DR If you had issues before, re-download. Also update your damn copy of WinRar.

Offline moziet

• rat
  • Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #195 on: May 18, 2018, 09:38:13 AM »
I've repackaged Pack Three, after potentially spotting what caused a lot of people to have difficulty opening the Rar file. Seems to be caused by WinRar packing the file in a newer format that cannot be read by older versions of WinRar. Can those who had this issue please try re-downloading and opening that file (there is an _r amended to the end of the filename to differentiate between them), and reporting if it can be opened, or if there is still an issue.

TL;DR If you had issues before, re-download. Also update your damn copy of WinRar.

Good this is that I can finally open it!

Bad news is that some components STILL crash the game. A perfect example would be white extenders. Also, is it just me or the armor panel selection isn't complete for me? Things like green and red are missing. I even tried on a new copy!
jump jump jump jump

Tournaments:

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #196 on: May 19, 2018, 12:03:14 PM »

Good this is that I can finally open it!

Bad news is that some components STILL crash the game. A perfect example would be white extenders. Also, is it just me or the armor panel selection isn't complete for me? Things like green and red are missing. I even tried on a new copy!
Try my fix. DSC might have forgotten few files

Offline Dadddjent

• Beetleweight
  • LORDSLUDGE
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: lordsludge
« Reply #197 on: May 19, 2018, 08:38:17 PM »
beefing up the Eteks and possible gas motors?
edit* colored drums
LORDSLUDGE

Offline TommyProductionsInc

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 12
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #198 on: May 29, 2018, 12:53:21 PM »
I can help out with the motors. Maybe I could make ETekRs and change the whole NPCT64 setup. Are there NPC-Fasts in real life? If not, we should remove them and just have regular NPCs be better.

Perm drive, TW3MR4 drive, maybe even re-introduce stock components with updated stats and graphics? The more the merrier. I can go around looking for motors from other mods and use those as well.

Offline dragonsteincole

• IRL Pack Guy
  • Rep: 9
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #199 on: May 29, 2018, 05:25:54 PM »
I can help out with the motors. Maybe I could make ETekRs and change the whole NPCT64 setup. Are there NPC-Fasts in real life? If not, we should remove them and just have regular NPCs be better.

Perm drive, TW3MR4 drive, maybe even re-introduce stock components with updated stats and graphics? The more the merrier. I can go around looking for motors from other mods and use those as well.

IMO the NPC fast would be a T-74. Which is slightly bigger, faster and heavier version of the T-64. Is planned. Also planned are Right-angle NPCs, which will only be in 'slow' flavour. May be based on the NPC B-81 but would need to be mirrored.