Author Topic: IRL Components - Pack Four Discussion  (Read 34390 times)

Offline Pressure

• Rep: 3
  • to the moon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: IRL Components - Pack Three: Discs, Wedges & New Colours
« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2017, 10:09:25 AM »
Can't seem to open the .rar file. Windows keeps saying it's an unknown format or damaged?

Offline dragonsteincole

• IRL Pack Guy
  • Rep: 9
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2017, 11:36:39 AM »
Can't seem to open the .rar file. Windows keeps saying it's an unknown format or damaged?

I have just downloaded the .rar from the Downloads section and checked, the file opened fine and didn't report any errors when opening or dragging files into folders. It may be that your connection was interrupted whilst downloading, so my advice would be to try downloading again.

Offline Pressure

• to the moon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2017, 08:48:00 PM »

I have just downloaded the .rar from the Downloads section and checked, the file opened fine and didn't report any errors when opening or dragging files into folders. It may be that your connection was interrupted whilst downloading, so my advice would be to try downloading again.

Unfortunatly didn't work. Tried twice. All other .rar files i've downloaded work.

Offline dragonsteincole

• IRL Pack Guy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2017, 10:40:21 PM »
I shall reupload it again in the morning, but can anyone else confirm the file in the GTM downloads being broken?

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2017, 11:37:01 PM »
I downloaded it just now, can confirm that it's a problem on Pressure's end.
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline Pressure

• to the moon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2017, 01:43:13 AM »
It's weird. I just downloaded the other packs to test if it was my end, they work perfectly.

Offline dragonsteincole

• IRL Pack Guy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: July 18, 2017, 08:58:06 AM »
It's weird. I just downloaded the other packs to test if it was my end, they work perfectly.

I have reuploaded the file once more, there are no changes to any of the files, i just remade the .rar and tested it with Winrar's own test option, no errors reported.

Offline Dark-Al

• That guy who makes long posts.
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • That's not how you build a Hydraulic crusher mate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: July 18, 2017, 09:03:14 AM »

I have reuploaded the file once more, there are no changes to any of the files, i just remade the .rar and tested it with Winrar's own test option, no errors reported.
Strange. I downloaded mine this morning, extracted the Rar file in 7-zip and everything work out fine. I unsure about what might be the problem down at Pressure end as Mr AS suggested. 

Offline Arcane

• The Mildly Pretentious
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2017, 09:38:11 AM »
Pressure have you tried turning off your antivirus? Sometimes they can interfere with downloads and cause issues?

EDIT: Antivirus not Adblock

Offline jdg37

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • I got kids
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: July 18, 2017, 10:02:11 AM »
Downloaded and installed on a fresh copy of 2.2 w/ DSC pack 1&2, plus CF and other ad ons. Opened and seemed to work fine browsing components. Haven't done a test build yet.

Offline Pressure

• to the moon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: July 18, 2017, 10:09:11 AM »
Hmm... Just tried again, still not working. Antivirus isn't a problem as I downloaded and extracted the other 2 part perfectly fine. I even tried opening in from Winrar according to some guides aswell as trying the repair option.

Offline FightingBotInformal

• wait, i'm still here?
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -12
  • how tf did i even remember my password lol
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: meet me at RA2 central ig
« Reply #111 on: July 18, 2017, 10:10:26 AM »
Hmm... Just tried again, still not working. Antivirus isn't a problem as I downloaded and extracted the other 2 part perfectly fine. I even tried opening in from Winrar according to some guides aswell as trying the repair option.
Try 7-Zip?
my weeb headass with my anime avatar is gone

hmu on discord for anime or music recommendations or to talk ab some sports sh** idk

Offline Pressure

• to the moon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: July 18, 2017, 10:18:31 AM »
Try 7-Zip?

Just tried 7-zip. For some reason that works. Must be an odd Winrar error.

Offline Arcane

• The Mildly Pretentious
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: July 18, 2017, 10:23:59 AM »
Just tried 7-zip. For some reason that works. Must be an odd Winrar error.

God help us if they've started cracking down on people abusing the free trial...

Offline TommyProductionsInc

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 12
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: July 19, 2017, 08:15:01 PM »
7-zip isn't working for me. I've tried getting it on my computer twice. Both attempts ended with an error saying it couldn't be opened as an archive.

PLZ HALP! I HAV REPLIKUZ I WUNNA BILD!

Offline FightingBotInformal

• wait, i'm still here?
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -12
  • how tf did i even remember my password lol
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: meet me at RA2 central ig
« Reply #115 on: July 19, 2017, 10:49:36 PM »
7-zip isn't working for me. I've tried getting it on my computer twice. Both attempts ended with an error saying it couldn't be opened as an archive.

As noted earlier, antivirus interference? Maybe then, it'll work.
my weeb headass with my anime avatar is gone

hmu on discord for anime or music recommendations or to talk ab some sports sh** idk

Offline TommyProductionsInc

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 12
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: July 19, 2017, 11:26:37 PM »

As noted earlier, antivirus interference? Maybe then, it'll work.
My computer was willing to open other RAR files. This one in particular just wouldn't work.

Offline dragonsteincole

• IRL Pack Guy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: July 20, 2017, 11:30:01 AM »
This is starting to make me a little paranoid about things. I can only say that i'm using the latest 64-bit version of winrar, I don't think it's an issue with using an old version. But I can't fathom why most can download it no problem but some people have an issue.

for those that are having download problems, here is the pack hosted elsewhere and in .7z format rather than .rar http://www.mediafire.com/file/t4ut1044ws1g6py/IRL+Pack+3-1.7z
Please let me know if this works, if it doesn't then I have no idea, lol

Offline dragonsteincole

• IRL Pack Guy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: IRL Components - Pack Four discussion
« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2017, 09:07:35 AM »
I have many ideas for Pack 4 that I need to consolidate into one post, there's some small ideas and then some that may have a larger effect.

• COLOURED POLYCARBONATE PANELS
    These were tested during the making of Pack 3, not included due to the work to make working sets. Will probably be the full colour set, will be added to the beginning of the IRL armor panel dropdown menu (which will then go Poly/Alu/Tite/Steel). Will be a full set (Plates/triangle plates/conrers/wedges).
  • COLOURED DRUMS/SHELL SPINNER COMPONENTS
    These will most likely also be the full colour range. These will be added to the IRL Discs dropdown menu (which will then go Discs/Drums/Shell Spinner Parts).
  • IMPROVED WHEELS

Above is an example of the work i've been doing to remake the wheel textures, increasing their texture size and quality and making them easier to remap by others. I would like to include 6-12 variants of the most popular tires, focusing on hub/tire colour variations. When possible I will include the style the wheel is based on (i.e Vlads, Tazbot, etc). Some of the oldest wheels from the base game are beyond help and will not be included (Miniwheel).
  • 20cm ARMOR PANELS

People have expressed that they would welcome these, and in testing they work as intended. I need to double-check my edits to make sure they work and nothing is affected, but there will be a set of 20x40/60/80/100/120cm plates, and a 20cm wedge. 20cm corners are not certain, 20cm triangle plates will not be included, whilst both make sense on paper to make, I think those two types of plate would be very impractical in actual usage.
  • TEXTURED PARTS
    This would be the largest part of the pack. I would like to include as many texture variants as possible, that look good, aren't too reliant on perfect tiling to make up for some limitations with the texture mappings on some parts. Menu size would be an issue, and my current idea would be to hide the texture variants under the 'cheatbot2' menu. These would still be legal parts, but they would be hidden in normal bot-building to keep the menus under control.
  • "FEATURED" PARTS

An example of parts from two "Featured" bots, from the real-life bots of GTM members MikeNCR and cephalopod/Craaig. I would like to include parts that are more limited in scope, that pay tribute to the more famous bots from GTM. These could range from recreations of real life bots, or including textures from bots that have fought/been showcased on GTM over the years (examples would be Thyrus' Ryu-Kishin, or seriously, 99% of the excellent reskins Mazakari has made over the years. Suggestions welcome.These may also be a cheatbot2-accessible menu item to save menu space.
  • EXTENDER ANGLE REBALANCE
    A discussion with Thyrus highlighted the face all the extender angle pieces are 1kg in weight, and I would like to rebalance the weights so they are more representitive of their actual weight. So a 45-degree piece would go from 1kg to 0.5kg, etc. The only affect this would have on exisiting bots is that they would lose weight depending on their usage of angles, but testing will be done to make sure the lightest parts don't cause problems by being so light.

There are a few more ideas that relate more strongly to DSL itself rather than the IRL Packs, namely being the reorganisation of the cheatbot2 menus, but this is for another discussion. I want people's opinions on whats discussed here, suggestions for bots or parts that can be included in the "FEATURED" section, or other suggestions for future packs. Weapon reskins are still on the menu but not for Pack 4.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 09:46:27 AM by dragonsteincole »