Author Topic: fight to the finish modifications  (Read 2505 times)

Offline lampini

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
fight to the finish modifications
« on: August 30, 2017, 06:31:47 PM »
So quite a while ago goose made an arena based on Robotica's fight to the finish. while extremely cool I found out it was never really finished and was never planed to be. So I took the liberty of reskinning the arena myself.

I honestly think it looks pretty good but I have no idea how to add the guardrails, as well as having them drop after a certain time. Does anybody know how to help me with this......or am I just way too over my head and I should quit while I'm ahead.....

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: fight to the finish modifications
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 09:43:58 PM »
Nice work my dude, the arena looks super cool. I think Mr AS is the guy you should ask for help, as he's probably the most active member that has experience with this kinda thing. I'm sure he'd be happy to help you out.
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 10:13:07 PM »
I think Mr AS is the guy you should ask for help, as he's probably the most active member that has experience with this kinda thing. I'm sure he'd be happy to help you out.
Hi

Adding guard rails requires you to edit the .gmf. This can be done using a GMF compiler/decompiler and any 3D editor that can export to OBJ format. Apanx released a tool recently that allows conversion of OBJ to GMA He hasn't released it on GTM yet for whatever reason, but I can slide a copy your way if you want. Alternatively, you can try to text edit the decompiled gmf file. Both of these require some knowhow/practice in editing gmf files. Clickbeetle's beginner guide is a good start, albeit slightly outdated.

Making the guardrails drop after a certain amount of time requires editing the .py. I'd take a look at the BBEANS arena (namely the code for the blade wall that lowers after X amount of time) and copy what it does.
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline lampini

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 11:36:14 AM »
thanks so much guys. I'm really trying to get into editing arenas more because it's the one thing in RA2 I've done the least. I'll probably post my updated works in a few days

Offline IceCreamRulez

• Antweight
  • That guy who isn't very good at modding
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 10:34:04 AM »
I once thought about modifying this arena but I just never got round to it. Is it also possible for you to add some fighting music as well as a crowd texture round the side?

Offline lampini

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 12:25:32 PM »
I once thought about modifying this arena but I just never got round to it. Is it also possible for you to add some fighting music as well as a crowd texture round the side?

would you like to collaborate with me to finish it? Have you modified arenas before in the way I'm trying to do? Because right now I'm pretty stuck

Offline IceCreamRulez

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 02:04:33 PM »
I've only ever tried doing textures for the arenas and even then i'm not good with it. But I could try help if you want

Offline lampini

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 02:21:10 PM »
I've only ever tried doing textures for the arenas and even then i'm not good with it. But I could try help if you want
oh I see haha. So it looks like I have the same amount of experience as you as I have never been successful in actually modifying the actual 3d model. And don't even get me started on figuring out how to drop the guard rails after a certain period of time

Offline IceCreamRulez

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2017, 02:37:41 PM »
I could maybe try a crowd texture if you want and I could see if I can find a way to input music into the arena

Edit: Also I thought about trying to get 4 robots into the arena at once instead of just 2

Offline lampini

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2017, 07:37:48 PM »
sure give that a go I'll pm you my .rar file and you can post your results

Offline IceCreamRulez

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 11:52:51 AM »
Should we make replicas too?

Offline lampini

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2017, 07:36:06 AM »
Should we make replicas too?
Not the best at replicas really. I can do some custom skins and stuff but when it comes to all these extender bots and obj stuff I'm not even close to that level of skill

Offline IceCreamRulez

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2017, 02:12:26 PM »
We need some more people to help out