Poll

which is more important?

game stability
backwards compatibility with 2.2 weight limits

Author Topic: dsl stuff  (Read 4132 times)

Offline 09090901

• competitive irl
  • Rep: 22
  • anti-boomer super soldier
    • View Profile
    • Awards
dsl stuff
« on: March 12, 2020, 06:40:31 PM »
here's the ideas people have talked about

-buff spin motors + possibly implement clicks overvolting for both bursts/spin motors. have motor balance be centered around using a single motor for weapons
-add belts to the majority of motors/beltless perms
-greatly increase HP across the board
-buff non-npc drive motors to not be terribly inefficient
-add some more generic shaped weapons (think beaters and typhoons)
- port over things from other mods (extended if drums, etc)

now some hot takes
- cut the six mag and dual perm and have the strongest motor be the perm 132 and maybe the 4 mag.
- balance weapons with a dp limit in mind, equal to the weightclasses (ex: hws get 800dp, cw gets 600, etc). said dp limit would only be used for said artificial limits, and wouldn't be an actual representation of a weapons stats. for instance  small typhoons could have 200 each for a max of 4, and an axe could have 800 for a total of 1, but still deal more than the 4 smaller  teeth
-resize extenders and panels to be based around increments of 15cm instead of 10cm
- standardize weapon stats/hitboxes. example: all small teeth would weigh 20kgs and have the same stats, the only difference would be cosmetic
DSL-IRL is the libtard’s meta. Go drink more soylent, retard! #BLUELIVESMATTER

Offline Dreamcast

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: dsl stuff
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 06:47:37 PM »
I would think as long a robot doesn't crash the builder can slowly fix a robot. It might take time, but one can fix most things. Especially if a player remeber that these a thing called a chaissis, and you can mount parts onto it instead of sinking 300kg on extenders.

Offline superbomb122

• toomuchweight
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • Really nothing special
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: superbomb122 #3549
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 06:58:15 PM »
Agreed with all the community-requested things except maybe overvolting. Overvolting feels like a feature that would just encourage people to spend less weight on aesthetics in favor of try-harding with their overvolted 4 mag overhead with a dumb amount of reach.

Not sure about the 6 mag being cut, but hopefully the weapon buffs would make them unnecessary (like the dual perm gets use from people with a month's experience as it is).

Weapon balancing makes sense, guessing those numbers aren't quite set in stone.

I understand that resizing extenders would help the crashing, but it feels like it'll end up causing awkward chassis heights (specifically 45cm) where the bulder has to choose between perfect invertability and clean extenderwork. ofc this only applies to people that bfe their chassis heights

I'd prefer to have hitboxes match the tooth itself rather than be a standard box. Standard stats though, I'm all in for. I know this would create a 'strongest tooth' based on shape, but the difference shouldn't be as major as, say, typhoons compared to literally anything else.

Also if someone is that sad about losing their bot to this version, they can always rebuild.
Phantom- OW4 quarterfinalist and PWS6 runner-up
All Guts, No Glory- CUndisputed Champ obv
Everything else I've made- sh**

Delete your account smh

(Phantom is cool)

Offline 09090901

• competitive irl
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 07:08:45 PM »
Agreed with all the community-requested things except maybe overvolting. Overvolting feels like a feature that would just encourage people to spend less weight on aesthetics in favor of try-harding with their overvolted 4 mag overhead with a dumb amount of reach.

Not sure about the 6 mag being cut, but hopefully the weapon buffs would make them unnecessary (like the dual perm gets use from people with a month's experience as it is).

Weapon balancing makes sense, guessing those numbers aren't quite set in stone.

I understand that resizing extenders would help the crashing, but it feels like it'll end up causing awkward chassis heights (specifically 45cm) where the bulder has to choose between perfect invertability and clean extenderwork. ofc this only applies to people that bfe their chassis heights

I'd prefer to have hitboxes match the tooth itself rather than be a standard box. Standard stats though, I'm all in for. I know this would create a 'strongest tooth' based on shape, but the difference shouldn't be as major as, say, typhoons compared to literally anything else.

Also if someone is that sad about losing their bot to this version, they can always rebuild.
there's nothing I or anyone can do game wise to stop people from tryharding. if people want to tryhard in irl, they're going to tryhard. the only way to stop it is via a change in community mindset and better tournament standards

re weapon hitboxes: I agree, however ra2 does not like components with concave angles likebthe ripping tooth.

also post this sh** on discord SMH

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 07:18:54 PM »
Smaller betas from IF as well, please? At least something in between IF and what we have now, the current betas are too huge to be useful on anything (and their hitbox is janky so even if you manage to cover the huge ass motor it can still be hit through you armour panels)
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2020, 07:40:10 PM »
Smaller betas from IF as well, please? At least something in between IF and what we have now, the current betas are too huge to be useful on anything (and their hitbox is janky so even if you manage to cover the huge ass motor it can still be hit through you armour panels)
Tbh i could probably model up some burst designs

Offline 09090901

• competitive irl
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2020, 07:49:41 PM »
how about you help me with the belts bru

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2020, 07:52:06 PM »
how about you help me with the belts bru
I could

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2020, 08:57:23 PM »
I just want to be able to use wedge edges without feeling guilty tbh
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline 8bean

• Professional Tourney Rigger
  • Rep: 10
  • I'm on discord probably
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: 8bean#4514
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2020, 03:43:28 PM »

Some of the weapons from RWRA2 would look really nice if they were reskinned and made so they didnt have separate visual and collision meshes. Stuff like the electric boogaloo bar, decimator bar and beater, and everything from the inertia discs tab. As for balancing they could all be standardized to have the same stats as one or a couple of the currently accepted full size discs that are already in the game. This might also encourage people to switch away from the same two disc with typhoons inbetween setup that nearly every vert uses.
Stuff I didn't suck at (from oldest to newest)

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2020, 04:41:02 PM »

Some of the weapons from RWRA2 would look really nice if they were reskinned and made so they didnt have separate visual and collision meshes. Stuff like the electric boogaloo bar, decimator bar and beater, and everything from the inertia discs tab. As for balancing they could all be standardized to have the same stats as one or a couple of the currently accepted full size discs that are already in the game. This might also encourage people to switch away from the same two disc with typhoons inbetween setup that nearly every vert uses.
That could be done, i could also make a tri tooth disc base

Offline 09090901

• competitive irl
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2020, 05:00:53 PM »

i don't have an issue with this, but most of those weapons have their collision mesh as a separate part, so things might need a few Edita

also before anyone gets too overhyped, this is still in the brainstorming phase. I'd prefer this to be more like raccoon, where it's a branch off from DSL, more so than an actual update. more than likely anything decent will be ported to dsl if this goes nowhere and it's a fairly compatible/doesnt affect existing bots.

I think i already know the answer, but if people were willing to help that's be nice (and by people I mean like kix and bild since they're the only ones left)

Offline Lilleh__

• Overly ambitious tournament host
  • Middleweight
  • Rep: 2
  • Sakura Sunrise is here
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Lilleh__#0625
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2020, 11:26:25 AM »

I'd also quite like to see the crushing claws from RW mod.

Offline 09090901

• competitive irl
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2020, 06:09:07 PM »

also just going to say now, I'll probably just stop at putting belts on the motors and push this out as 2.2 add-on if nobody else wants to help. really don't want this to go down the route of 2.3 tbh

Offline 8bean

• Professional Tourney Rigger
  • Rep: 10
  • I'm on discord probably
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: 8bean#4514
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2020, 03:28:56 PM »
also just going to say now, I'll probably just stop at putting belts on the motors and push this out as 2.2 add-on if nobody else wants to help. really don't want this to go down the route of 2.3 tbh

I think there's a handful of people that would love to help. There's just no single real solid tutorial on how to make everything correctly. If one of you guys put out a vid just going through making one of the things that needs to be done for this irl overhaul pack it would be much more helpful than all the random tutorial pages from 2009.
Stuff I didn't suck at (from oldest to newest)

Offline 09090901

• competitive irl
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2020, 05:00:49 PM »

I think there's a handful of people that would love to help. There's just no single real solid tutorial on how to make everything correctly. If one of you guys put out a vid just going through making one of the things that needs to be done for this irl overhaul pack it would be much more helpful than all the random tutorial pages from 2009.
kix said that he will make one

Offline Danangoo

• Beetleweight
  • Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2020, 08:30:14 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

Absolutely gorgeous stuff!

Offline 09090901

• competitive irl
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2020, 08:45:17 PM »

wip reskin

Offline Lilleh__