Robot Arena > Modifications

dsl stuff

(1/7) > >>

09090901:
here's the ideas people have talked about

-buff spin motors + possibly implement clicks overvolting for both bursts/spin motors. have motor balance be centered around using a single motor for weapons
-add belts to the majority of motors/beltless perms
-greatly increase HP across the board
-buff non-npc drive motors to not be terribly inefficient
-add some more generic shaped weapons (think beaters and typhoons)
- port over things from other mods (extended if drums, etc)

now some hot takes
- cut the six mag and dual perm and have the strongest motor be the perm 132 and maybe the 4 mag.
- balance weapons with a dp limit in mind, equal to the weightclasses (ex: hws get 800dp, cw gets 600, etc). said dp limit would only be used for said artificial limits, and wouldn't be an actual representation of a weapons stats. for instance  small typhoons could have 200 each for a max of 4, and an axe could have 800 for a total of 1, but still deal more than the 4 smaller  teeth
-resize extenders and panels to be based around increments of 15cm instead of 10cm
- standardize weapon stats/hitboxes. example: all small teeth would weigh 20kgs and have the same stats, the only difference would be cosmetic

Dreamcast:
I would think as long a robot doesn't crash the builder can slowly fix a robot. It might take time, but one can fix most things. Especially if a player remeber that these a thing called a chaissis, and you can mount parts onto it instead of sinking 300kg on extenders.

superbomb122:
Agreed with all the community-requested things except maybe overvolting. Overvolting feels like a feature that would just encourage people to spend less weight on aesthetics in favor of try-harding with their overvolted 4 mag overhead with a dumb amount of reach.

Not sure about the 6 mag being cut, but hopefully the weapon buffs would make them unnecessary (like the dual perm gets use from people with a month's experience as it is).

Weapon balancing makes sense, guessing those numbers aren't quite set in stone.

I understand that resizing extenders would help the crashing, but it feels like it'll end up causing awkward chassis heights (specifically 45cm) where the bulder has to choose between perfect invertability and clean extenderwork. ofc this only applies to people that bfe their chassis heights

I'd prefer to have hitboxes match the tooth itself rather than be a standard box. Standard stats though, I'm all in for. I know this would create a 'strongest tooth' based on shape, but the difference shouldn't be as major as, say, typhoons compared to literally anything else.

Also if someone is that sad about losing their bot to this version, they can always rebuild.

09090901:

--- Quote from: superbomb122 on March 12, 2020, 06:58:15 PM ---Agreed with all the community-requested things except maybe overvolting. Overvolting feels like a feature that would just encourage people to spend less weight on aesthetics in favor of try-harding with their overvolted 4 mag overhead with a dumb amount of reach.

Not sure about the 6 mag being cut, but hopefully the weapon buffs would make them unnecessary (like the dual perm gets use from people with a month's experience as it is).

Weapon balancing makes sense, guessing those numbers aren't quite set in stone.

I understand that resizing extenders would help the crashing, but it feels like it'll end up causing awkward chassis heights (specifically 45cm) where the bulder has to choose between perfect invertability and clean extenderwork. ofc this only applies to people that bfe their chassis heights

I'd prefer to have hitboxes match the tooth itself rather than be a standard box. Standard stats though, I'm all in for. I know this would create a 'strongest tooth' based on shape, but the difference shouldn't be as major as, say, typhoons compared to literally anything else.

Also if someone is that sad about losing their bot to this version, they can always rebuild.

--- End quote ---
there's nothing I or anyone can do game wise to stop people from tryharding. if people want to tryhard in irl, they're going to tryhard. the only way to stop it is via a change in community mindset and better tournament standards

re weapon hitboxes: I agree, however ra2 does not like components with concave angles likebthe ripping tooth.

also post this sh** on discord SMH

Badger:
Smaller betas from IF as well, please? At least something in between IF and what we have now, the current betas are too huge to be useful on anything (and their hitbox is janky so even if you manage to cover the huge ass motor it can still be hit through you armour panels)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version