Robot Arena > Modifications

DSL Reborn AI Pack Version 2.4

(1/5) > >>

RedAce:

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE DSL REBORN AI V2.4

Everything here SHOULD be good to go, but please report any bugs necessary.

Thank you, and I hope you enjoy and have fun with this pack!

Click here to download DSL Reborn 2.0

Three years ago, I released an AI pack known as DSL Reborn, which was to replace the original AI included in DSL to greatly improve for testing your bots against anything that would be included in most if not all DSL-IRL tournaments.  Looking back, while it still accomplishes the goal I made, it does have some flaws with bots that haven't quite benefited from special component packs such as DSC's IRL Components, which is used on 99% of all bots in DSL nowadays.  So I decided to remake it all from scratch, and hopefully everything turned out well.  From the builds themselves, the new and improved AI that said bots have, and even other aesthetics included to benefit.  This pack might even get a patch to even get updated depending on where DSL 2.31/DSL 2.2 CE Update (or Whatever is happening with that update) goes and included for improvements.  That being said: Yes, I would feel fine with this pack being included inside that update project if that's still in development, and it might even get an update in that very patch so who knows.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy this pack, and thank you all.
Hi.

...Yeah, I'm not so good with names.

Click here to download the pack

I bet a few of you guys are aware about this as I have showcased this about a week ago, but here it is.
All the bots in this pack were built and skinned by me.  Massive Thanks to Thrackerzod for being a cool dude and beta testing this.

This is an AI pack where I've rebuilt the first 45 stock bots in DSL 2.2 with an IRL style.  I've done my hardest to make them as authentic and accurate to the original as possible.  This pack isn't really meant to test how good your bot is but more-so giving you more IRL bots to fight than just replicas.  If you want some updated bots that are meant to test how good your bot is, then get something like NAR AI 3.1.

NOTE: This will replace any bots in the first 3 slots for the first 15 teams.  The Bindings will also override any custom teams that you may have added on from the first few in DSL 2.2, so beware.

If you're curious on what the bots will look like once you download them, you can find all of them here.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy the pack.  :)

Edit: And the expansion pack which adds two new teams which have the remade RA1 Reincarnated team and the Arthrobotics team is released.

Click here to download the Expansion Pack

Just simply copy and paste these files in the current RA2 with your current Reborn AI folder and you should be good to go.

WeN:
cool
very cool

Natef:
Awesome! Thanks, RedAce!

R01:
Nice, I'd maybe add "Redace's DSL Reborn AI" to the Title so it doesn't get confused with any other similar named packs.

I think this fixes the one biggest issues I had with DSL, for one how all the bots were like "oh I'm going to add skirts so your wedge will be useless", it really felt like they were all trying too hard, and some of the original designs were also completely thrown away instead of trying to keep it close to the original while still being a good bot. Of course this still changes some bots but most keep their original design and really look good in IRL, only critique would be that some of the skins don't look as good, at least on the image posted here.

Tried out some bots, the stock ones seem to be a bit slow(then again the other ones are slow as well, probably just a DSL thing) but otherwise look designed nicely, love how you added a flail to Stingray. Steel Yard Dogs Lightweight has armor around it, right? I saw something flying off and shortly after that the game crashed, probably a one time thing. Only other thing I noticed is how Emergency's Flipper sadly isn't as powerful as Stock's(or at least it didn't look like it would be that strong).

09090901:
nice job man

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version