Author Topic: DSL 2.2 OFFICIAL RELEASE  (Read 28637 times)

Offline Thyrus

• Rep: 19
  • Back to purple '17
    • http://www.youtube.com/Th
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: DSL 2.2 OFFICIAL RELEASE
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2016, 02:30:51 AM »
Click? didn`t you say we are able to import our DSL3 Beta builds into 2.2?
I tried that and the game crashed. :)

Offline Trovaner

• Rep: 32
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2016, 10:46:51 AM »
Click? didn`t you say we are able to import our DSL3 Beta builds into 2.2?
I tried that and the game crashed. :)
Bots made in the DSL3 beta are trickier.  I'm working on a program that will automatically update these bots, but in the meantime, here's what you need to do:
- Open the .bot file in Notepad++ or another program that can edit .bot files without corrupting them.
- Replace all instances of "Extenders_X_R" with "Extenders_X_S" where X is A, T, or S.
- Replace all instances of "extenders_x.txt" with "extenders_x_S.txt" where x is alu, tit, or steel.
- Add "mini" to the end of every anchor filename (for instance, anchor1.txt -> anchor1mini.txt).
- Reverse your bot's driving controls (they should go back to the "normal" way you use in stock)
- NPC motors need to be replaced manually in the bot lab.

Offline Thyrus

• Rep: 19
  • Back to purple '17
    • http://www.youtube.com/Th
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2016, 10:49:39 AM »
ohh right. thanks ;)

Offline WeN

• #1 Malaysian Idiot
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
  • totsugeki!!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: thatwenguy
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2016, 05:26:44 AM »
Fun fact: The wav file for the motor that Minion and Mechavore uses is named "icewave.wav".

Something get scrapped, click?

Actually no, I never started an Icewave replica.  The file is called icewave.wav because it's an actual recording of Icewave's engine I got from a Youtube video.  You have no idea how hard it is to find a gas engine sound effect that sounds good in RA2.

Will I ever make an Icewave replica, you're all thinking now?  Perhaps, perhaps... but that would fall under the "far future plans" category.
Battlebots Icewave Join DSL 2.2?

Offline lukas78

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2016, 09:43:06 AM »
Thank you so much for all this hard work, recently stumbled on this mod and love it, only thing troubling me.

On 2.1 I could use many of the classic robots in Exhibition as AI opponents, however now on 2.2 the likes of Chaos 2, Razor, Pussycat, are now locked away on the import list for player use only.

Is there some way I can edit the teams and place these robots back in the selection list?

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: -27
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2016, 03:57:03 PM »
Would it be possible to feature this in the downloads section as well?

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2016, 12:02:13 PM »
And another thing popped in my mind. Is it just me or are the most of the RW bots missing AI?

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2016, 12:27:44 PM »
Triple post so I can get your attention. I've noticed that there are more AI folders than there are teams in the menu.

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2016, 05:55:38 PM »
Quad Post

SlimBody motor doesn't have sound

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2016, 04:53:40 AM »
jonzu, stop pretending to be hydro and edit your posts in one post, please. Click will see it when he will come back.

Offline Cloudworxz

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2016, 07:19:05 AM »
i can't add a saw blade to my bot if any part of the weapon is outside of the bot.

is this intentional? seems strange that i can only add a saw blade to the inside of the bot, where it won't do any damage.

Offline R01

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2016, 07:35:42 AM »
i can't add a saw blade to my bot if any part of the weapon is outside of the bot.
(Image removed from quote.)
is this intentional? seems strange that i can only add a saw blade to the inside of the bot, where it won't do any damage.
A bit of a post bump, but I think it's alright(probably better in the support/help forum). Think I've seen the same issue with a few other blades as well(and honestly, I think at this point chassis clipping should be fine for any component except batteries, control boards and stuff that actually needs to be on the inside) best to place the motor outside of the bot via extenders.
Tournament History:
Showcases:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=18882.0
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=19197.0

Offline DeadGenocide

• Yesweight
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -12
  • "Fast and Furious." - Stock Team SPARK
    • UCe_o8LyJBuavehO3pRU5ilg
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2016, 07:43:57 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

those slight graphical glitches though
i'm only a finalist in BBEAMS 7 which was a meme tournament and I just stole a NAR AI bot and made it dense as ****.
and Not Bushido was a thing that happened, I beat the #1 seed despite being #bad seed.

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2016, 07:45:44 AM »
It's because between DSL 2.1 and DSL 2.2 there was a new sawblade model used and it's collision name in the .gmf file is different and Clickbeetle didn't update the .txt file's passthru.

To fix it, Go into your DSL 2.2 folder, then the components folder and find "dslsawblade1.txt" and open it with notepad.
You should see a part that says "passthru = saw_collision". Change it to "passthru = sawblade_collision" and save the file.
Then go into the Styles folder within the Components folder and do the same thing for sawblade2.txt, sawblade3.txt, sawblade4.txt, and sawblade5.txt

Offline R01

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2016, 07:54:39 AM »
It's because between DSL 2.1 and DSL 2.2 there was a new sawblade model used and it's collision name in the .gmf file is different and Clickbeetle didn't update the .txt file's passthru.

To fix it, Go into your DSL 2.2 folder, then the components folder and find "dslsawblade1.txt" and open it with notepad.
You should see a part that says "passthru = saw_collision". Change it to "passthru = sawblade_collision" and save the file.
Then go into the Styles folder within the Components folder and do the same thing for sawblade2.txt, sawblade3.txt, sawblade4.txt, and sawblade5.txt
Has there ever been a fan patch to 2.2? Need to check later for the arena fix because for some reason the foward/backward controls are swapped in the Flextop Arena and a few others don't load the AI which leads to crashes after a few seconds.
Tournament History:
Showcases:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=18882.0
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=19197.0

Offline Cloudworxz

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2016, 08:11:56 AM »
a few others don't load the AI which leads to crashes after a few seconds.
i asked about this a while back and someone posted a link to a fixed events.txt. even though it's for dsl 2.1, i think it should still work
https://gametechmods.com/uploads/files/DSL_EventsFix.zip
replace the existing events.txt (should be in the same folder as robot arena 2.exe) with the patched one

Offline VGN34D

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2016, 07:50:40 PM »
Not sure how people are enjoying this DSL 2.2 mod. Mine just crashes despite having extracted safely with no issues. I'm surprised no one has ever mentioned the game crashing frequently.

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2016, 08:17:25 PM »
Doesn't crash frequently for me, probably why I haven't personally mentioned it :P
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2016, 08:27:39 PM »
Maybe because you must've modded the game so it wouldn't crash yourself? Even tried to download the patch, still crashes.  ::2mad
1. Are you running it windowed or fullscreened?
2. Are you running it with or without compatibility mode?
3. Where is your RA2 folder located, some people have had problems in the past if it is actually in their program files folder instead of some place like the desktop or documents.
4. Are you Alt Tabbing out of the game?

Offline VGN34D

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2016, 11:00:33 PM »
Maybe because you must've modded the game so it wouldn't crash yourself? Even tried to download the patch, still crashes.  ::2mad
1. Are you running it windowed or fullscreened?
2. Are you running it with or without compatibility mode?
3. Where is your RA2 folder located, some people have had problems in the past if it is actually in their program files folder instead of some place like the desktop or documents.
4. Are you Alt Tabbing out of the game?

1. Fullscreened (crashes regardless, even after having tried Windowed)
3. Compability mode. The crashing issue remained
3. Tried with Desktop with no success. Even Documents only yields a similar result
4. No. The game just crashes randomly and without warning too