Author Topic: DSL 2.2 IRL Mod Compilation (Ready To Go Download)  (Read 646 times)

Offline Avalanche

• Current DSL HW Champion.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Better than the mods
    • View Profile
DSL 2.2 IRL Mod Compilation (Ready To Go Download)
« on: August 12, 2017, 09:51:43 PM »
So recently a member called Cheese returned to GTM, and when providing him with files for his game installs I thought: Hang on. Why tell them to install a full game install then a bunch of small mods, which is a PITA, when you can just get all the standard mods in a single install? And then my tired (it's 02:49 AM Jesus Christ help me) and addled brain went "but what if they don't want all the mods included simultaneously and want to mix and match?". Well, normally they would download them seperately. But instead of that, they now have a good range of standard mods to choose from. The downside? Now it's nearly a bloody gigabyte in size because it has 2 sets of mods and DSL 2.2 installs.

As a result, I'm just going to provide the RTG download for now. When it's not 3:51 AM (Yeah this thread and the mod took a lot of work for something that's literally just taking other people's work and compiling them together, so much it's an hour after I started writing this) I'll provide the customisable yet easily workable version.

Contents of the compilation are found within the readme, but the main mods are: The IRL Packs 1, 2 and 3, the DSL Reborn AI, The RA2CF Unlimited Mass mod and the RA2CF Rule of 7 break, with small mods such as arenas included also.

Oh, and I just remembered that the download didn't actually include the bloody Readme. I'll put it here instead.

I'm not cut out to be a modder.

Here's the download link, I need to sleep: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxejaTuojNCDeVJIVzJ5UV9Ya0k/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 10:20:57 AM by Avalanche »
Reigning DSL HW Champion, with 2 victories so far: One over Ty4er and one over DSC.
Runner-Up in The Cybernetic Colosseum HW division.
Semi-finalist in RNP: Sword of Glory.

You don't have to like me. You don't have to respect me fully. But you do have to acknowledge what I've achieved.

I, for one, welcome our new Apanx overlord.

Offline FightingBotInformal

• Lightweight
  • get out normies
    • View Profile
Re: DSL 2.2 IRL Mod Compilation (Ready To Go Download)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 10:06:26 PM »
Do the custom arenas work by any chance?
:really_makes_you_think: :really_makes_you_think: :really_makes_you_think: :really_makes_you_think:
Quote from: WenXiangLee
Emergency is so good!!!! It's impossible to beat!!!!! Its soo hard!!!!!

Offline TheRoboteer

• Heavyweight
  • I am inferior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 06:16:09 AM »
This is a good idea. Nice job Avalanche. One addition I might suggest though is AS's DSL rebalance. Might help it take off and get adopted by everybody
Notable Guffs That I Dun Gone And Did:

Offline Badger

• #1 challenger
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Free speech absolutist
    • View Profile
  • See profile for gamer tags: 1
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 06:35:51 AM »
This is a good idea. Nice job Avalanche. One addition I might suggest though is AS's DSL rebalance. Might help it take off and get adopted by everybody
This

Offline Avalanche

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Better than the mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 03:04:07 PM »
This

It's included, I just forgot to include it in the readme. I've also updated the readme to properly give credit, but I'll say it again here:

DSL 2.2 was made by Clickbeetle (based on the work of the DSL Mod Team).
DSL Reborn AI was made by RedAce.
Madiaba's Smart Zones V3 were made by the titular modder.
The BBEANS Arena V1/V2, The Small Arena and the Electric Arena 2 were made by the Beetle Bros (Firebeetle/Clickbeetle).
The Robot X Castor, FrenZy hammers, Slipperbottom wheel colour packs as well as the Disc Covers pack were made by Badnik96.
The Action Cam and Random Arena Selector were made by Trovaner.
RA2CF was made by Serge.
The Robogames and RW 2016 Studip arenas were stolen from made by the RWRA2 Mod Team.
IRL Packs 1, 2 and 3 were made by DragonSteinCole.
Component Rebalance patch for DSL 2.2 was made by Mr. AS.

Finally, I've finished off the upload for the version of the compilation where it just provides all the seperate mods and constituent downloads (as well as the vanilla DSL 2.2 so if you dislike a particular mod you can simply not include it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxejaTuojNCDSGJpMUp1dDVfcTA

My next step is to take all the replicas from DSL 2.2 that don't have a space in the AI and add them back into the game, either re-using DSL 2.1 AI or writing new AI.
Reigning DSL HW Champion, with 2 victories so far: One over Ty4er and one over DSC.

You don't have to like me. You don't have to respect me fully. But you do have to acknowledge what I've achieved.

Offline Geice

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 06:13:06 PM »
You might wanna either get rid of or update Badnik's frenzy hammers as they have the old 2.2 stats.

Offline Avalanche

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Better than the mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 11:47:02 AM »
Welp, nearly a month later and i got round to posting the link for the fixed badnik coloured frenzy hammers. Yeah, posting the link. I did this ages ago but cba to actually properly mention it.

https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile&id=374

Just drag and drop/copy and paste the component folder in the download onto your ra2 install, let it merge and overwrite all folders and now you have coloured hammers that aren't totally :b:roken stats-wise.

This also means that this mod pack has no issues and can now be ran as a standard IRL mod setup.

Could a mod sticky this?

Offline toAst

• this one goes out to all of my babies mamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 11:26:40 PM »
man, every time i reinstall ra2 and dsl i think about this and why nobody has done it and really kind of standardized it yet. awesome work dude! :heart_smiley:
-------------------------------
who love to party