Author Topic: DSL-IRL 2.4  (Read 20662 times)

Offline geese

• competitive irl
  • Rep: 23
  • enter boomer brawl
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: DSL 2.2 COMPLETE EDITION
« Reply #280 on: March 13, 2020, 01:52:04 PM »
I did the thing that both kix and fotpex did

(Image removed from quote.)
the skin on this thing is so hideous it's not even funny
The shaft for attaching weapons to could do w/ being smaller.
no it couldn't
Come on guys just leave him alone.  No forum rule exists that ban players from showcasing useless ugly bots.

Offline geese

• competitive irl
  • enter boomer brawl
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: DSL 2.2 COMPLETE EDITION UPDATE
« Reply #281 on: June 06, 2020, 07:34:05 AM »
DSL IRL Edition has been updated

V1.1 - New/Updates
-----------------------------------------------
- Belted TWM motors and Beltless Perms by geese
- Colored Mechavore discs and Vlad wheels by TDG
- Wheel Variety Pack, colored casters, and swarf.py by Badnik96
- Weights for certain colored parts now have their correct weights (Armor & Extender Fixes for Colored Components by Redace)
- SpinupOmni2 now works without crashing
- The default AI remakes have been updated with DSL Reborn 2.0 by Redace for a more realistic fighting experience
- Wedgelets no longer deal damage
- DSL Music has been re-added
- The Rookies have been re-added (along with their updated DSL Reborn versions)
- Replicas have been re-added to the Robot Designs folder

Come on guys just leave him alone.  No forum rule exists that ban players from showcasing useless ugly bots.

Offline bloodys45

• Antweight
  • Rep: -11
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: DSL 2.2 COMPLETE EDITION
« Reply #282 on: June 17, 2020, 07:30:05 AM »
thanks dude

Offline geese

• competitive irl
  • enter boomer brawl
    • View Profile
    • Awards
DSL-IRL 2.4
« Reply #283 on: June 23, 2020, 03:25:44 AM »
DSL has been updated once more with a few small, but also major updates, and also a name update.

With how many updates we've added to base 2.2, I feel it is now appropriate for a new name to help differentiate it from previous versions, as at this point it is a fairly different mod with little backwards compatibility. Going forwards, DSL 2.2 IRL Edition will now be known as DSL-IRL, with this version being 2.4 (and yes I am skipping 2.3 because of how much of a bad taste it left in people's mouths)

DSL-IRL 2.4  - New/Updates
-----------------------------------------------
- 2.2 Crash Patch
- 'Clean' NPC Motors

DL here:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/downloads/?sa=view;down=547
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 04:20:55 AM by geese »

Offline kix

• Rep: -1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: DSL-IRL 2.4
« Reply #284 on: June 23, 2020, 10:57:41 AM »
and yes I am skipping 2.3 because of how much of a bad taste it left in people's mouths
What do you even mean, 2.3 was a technical marvel lead by our favourite leader that knew what he was doing
What do you say to me? Gas or something. My heart, eh! Nutter, UDT 1 Enjoy it as well! Al-Qaida ishiki also carried out confidential duties as well! Uh! You are the best special envoy of the Republic of Korea, and you have only one target for me. Don't do this. I'm going to push you with an accuracy that's never been changed in history. The internet makes you feel safe? Hamder, you're gonna roll. My I Don't go, it's just like this, and at the same time, all the information assets in Korea have been mobilized. • I'm tracking your IP address. This Shiva storm is going to drive you away, **** you. Hold on to Dandie, and I'll wipe you out. You know, you're not. My heart, The upstart sunbeams flashed in the East, do not flash, my hands alone, 700 pieces It's a different way to get you right. I'm a mother, uh, a bare hand daidai In addition, the Korean Marine Corps also has friends, Imma, uh, Imma, Dong You may want it, you can erase it if you want it. If I knew what was going to happen to you, I would have kept my mouth shut. But you've got a barn that's already teasing you, so you gotta pay for it? Bottle your Hey. I'm just drowning you in a poop of rage. I know you're looking back.

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 25
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards GTMCS Division Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #285 on: June 23, 2020, 01:22:52 PM »
thanks king

i updated the main page btw yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww  :gunz:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 03:59:57 PM by 090901 »

Offline geese

• competitive irl
  • enter boomer brawl
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #286 on: June 25, 2020, 06:02:04 AM »
since we've finally gotten out the whole 'dsl 2.2' schtick, there are a few things I'm looking at going forwards

first thing (since it wouldn't take that much work) would be making legal and """balanced""" versions of some of the more potentially useful cheatbot2 parts

the main ones I had in mind were:
- hworf blades
- hmn teeth and wheels
- ruiner bars and bar ends
- beta hammer
- judge gavel
- buzzard wheels skinned like the old team toad wheels
- moe wheels
- thermidor wheels that don't crash
- tdd saw

and yes, i did look into the crushing arm weapons that someone suggested awhile back. personally I don't have an issue adding them, but there's still a few things I want to experiment on with them

Offline Thyrus

• Rep: 19
  • Back to purple '17
    • http://www.youtube.com/Th
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #287 on: June 26, 2020, 12:19:36 AM »
I've been out of the mix for quite a while but are the components listed still hidden or are they accessible right off the bat?

Offline geese

• competitive irl
  • enter boomer brawl
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #288 on: June 26, 2020, 06:43:59 PM »
I've been out of the mix for quite a while but are the components listed still hidden or are they accessible right off the bat?
they're still cheatbot2

Offline Thyrus

• Rep: 19
  • Back to purple '17
    • http://www.youtube.com/Th
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #289 on: June 29, 2020, 04:24:08 AM »
If they get balanced and all that wouldn't it make sense to make them non CB parts?

Online TheRoboteer

• Panel Wedge Aficionado
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
« Reply #290 on: June 29, 2020, 04:31:36 AM »
If they get balanced and all that wouldn't it make sense to make them non CB parts?
I think Geice thought you were asking about in the current release of the game, where they are still CB2 at the moment.

Geice is proposing doing what you're saying though: balancing them and taking them out of CB2 in a future patch
Notable Guffs That I Dun Gone And Did:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline geese

• competitive irl
  • enter boomer brawl
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #291 on: June 29, 2020, 05:30:27 AM »
I think Geice thought you were asking about in the current release of the game, where they are still CB2 at the moment.

Geice is proposing doing what you're saying though: balancing them and taking them out of CB2 in a future patch
pretty much this

i might only add in the wheels and hammer heads in the next patch, since currently with the way the weapons are balanced, anything that doesn't have 1.5 normals (typhoons) or the wrong balancing formula (colored beaters) is going to be borderline useless

i did get these done though

same collision mesh as regular typhoons, and more than likely the same stats

Online TheRoboteer

• Panel Wedge Aficionado
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
« Reply #292 on: June 29, 2020, 07:03:58 AM »
WTF did you ask CodeSilver for permission to use his bot?
Notable Guffs That I Dun Gone And Did:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline geese

• competitive irl
  • enter boomer brawl
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #293 on: June 29, 2020, 07:07:24 AM »
WTF did you ask CodeSilver for permission to use his bot?
a wise man once said
"no victim, no crime"

Offline kix

• Rep: -1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #294 on: June 29, 2020, 07:38:24 AM »
Ok im calling the swat team
What do you say to me? Gas or something. My heart, eh! Nutter, UDT 1 Enjoy it as well! Al-Qaida ishiki also carried out confidential duties as well! Uh! You are the best special envoy of the Republic of Korea, and you have only one target for me. Don't do this. I'm going to push you with an accuracy that's never been changed in history. The internet makes you feel safe? Hamder, you're gonna roll. My I Don't go, it's just like this, and at the same time, all the information assets in Korea have been mobilized. • I'm tracking your IP address. This Shiva storm is going to drive you away, **** you. Hold on to Dandie, and I'll wipe you out. You know, you're not. My heart, The upstart sunbeams flashed in the East, do not flash, my hands alone, 700 pieces It's a different way to get you right. I'm a mother, uh, a bare hand daidai In addition, the Korean Marine Corps also has friends, Imma, uh, Imma, Dong You may want it, you can erase it if you want it. If I knew what was going to happen to you, I would have kept my mouth shut. But you've got a barn that's already teasing you, so you gotta pay for it? Bottle your Hey. I'm just drowning you in a poop of rage. I know you're looking back.

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 11
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
« Reply #295 on: June 29, 2020, 09:49:17 AM »
Loving these.
Things I did & done

Offline geese

• competitive irl
  • enter boomer brawl
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #296 on: July 27, 2020, 08:24:40 AM »
now for the hot take part of rebalancing

so, without going to far into detail, I'll keep things brief

with the current dsl balance formula, any new weapons that would be added that aren't a tooth are going to be borderline useless. any new bars, single piece discs, or any thing that doesn't get a x2 dp bonus from 1.5d normals like teeth are going to be practically useless. you can already see this to an extent with moros bars, the dsl bars, and the rep discs that don't have frequency, they're terrible for their weight compared to typhoons or beaters of equal weight.   

right now, I'm looking at dropping the multiplier that 1.5 normaled weapons get to around 1.2x-1.4x, and also increasing the weight-efficiency scaling so single heavy weapons like bars and single piece discs would be more competitive. it would also mean that a single large wouldn't be a generally worse choice than two smalls

yes this does technically mean some of your bots will deal less damage, however keep in mind that dp isn't an actual stat. we can keep damage levels close to what we currently have while also changing how typhoons/teeth are balanced. that being said, it depends on whether or not people are happy with how fast bots can kill each other currently or if they would prefer that things are slowed down

also the colored beaters are way too strong. go watch pathfinders r1 if you don't believe me.

Offline geese

• competitive irl
  • enter boomer brawl
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #297 on: August 04, 2020, 06:02:15 AM »

it finally happened

also here's a sick new gamer bar