Author Topic: AIer (you give it AIs and it tries to AI)  (Read 1364 times)

Offline UberPyro

• Lightweight
  • Rep: 6
  • Well, here goes.
  • Awards GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
AIer (you give it AIs and it tries to AI)
« on: August 16, 2018, 12:46:26 AM »
edit: I was really really tired when I made that title. You give it bots and it AIs them.

I don't have much more time to test and I really want to get this out today so take a look at this.

https://gametechmods.com/uploads/files/0261aier.zip

First, put bots in the Bot Files folder

2.PNG

Then, run the program and click Autogenerate. The program will guess a bunch of details about the AI and you can correct it where it's wrong.

3.PNG

Then, click generate and it will copy all the bindings to your keyboard.

4.PNG

(Note: the bug seen above with empty weapons has been fixed)

It's still a bit of a work in progress and has not been tested much at all. If this is something that you guys like, let me know.

Source code is included in the download.

Please let me know of any obvious improvements.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 03:40:26 PM by UberPyro »

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: AIer (you give it AIs and it tries to AI)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 04:48:30 AM »
I like this a lot.

Offline WeN

• #1 Malaysian Idiot
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
  • totsugeki!!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: thatwenguy
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 05:07:02 AM »
feel familiar to apanx's AIPuker

Offline RedAce

• Host of The Award Winning Deathmatch Series
  • Rep: 21
  • Yep, I'm that RedAce guy.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: ThatRedAceGuy#3618
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 06:58:36 PM »
Just got a chance to test this, and I'm already getting a lot of use from this can certainly see myself using this for any tournaments in the future.  Though, I know it's too early as it's still a prototype, but might I suggest at least Click's AIessentials since most of those have enough variety and ones where I use the most for AI'ing?

Offline WeN

• #1 Malaysian Idiot
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
  • totsugeki!!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: thatwenguy
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 08:46:34 PM »

2018-08-17.png

this is what i get.
tfw Aier guess SnS as SpinupOmni2

Offline UberPyro

• Lightweight
  • Rep: 6
  • Well, here goes.
  • Awards GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 09:07:45 PM »
Just got a chance to test this, and I'm already getting a lot of use from this can certainly see myself using this for any tournaments in the future.  Though, I know it's too early as it's still a prototype, but might I suggest at least Click's AIessentials since most of those have enough variety and ones where I use the most for AI'ing?

I can give it as many AIs as I want, I just have to program them in. Right now there's sort of a 1:1 ratio between the bot types it can detect and the AI it assigns them (except for VSes which are annoying and can't be differentiated) but there's no reason we can't let the human have a bunch to choose from. One thing I would be worried about is the dropdown getting too cluttered, but adding AI essentials is probably a good idea since the parameters in the template work for most robots, and some of those AIs are situational and don't pertain to any specific bot type (having more than one AI for the same style bot is something I want to try to avoid). I could also have a system where AIs are dropped into a file and they get parsed and put into the program. I'm not really sure yet.

I also have to figure out what to do with my system of taking out one odd parameter from the AI, not sure why I implemented it that way. My own code gives me headaches, I might have to take a break from it.

this is what i get.
tfw Aier guess SnS as SpinupOmni2

It sees the spin motors and instantly thinks its a spinner. I could fix it though, by giving the wheel stagger detection system priority (wow, that was a mouthful).