Author Topic: The Mighty Reier's "legal monopoly on this meta" Ironforge extravaganza  (Read 35499 times)

Offline UberPyro

• Lightweight
  • Rep: 6
  • Well, here goes.
  • Awards GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Mighty Reier's "legal monopoly on this meta" Ironforge extravaganza
« Reply #200 on: December 28, 2019, 06:43:21 PM »
Aneurysm is cool though i have no idea why are you using tribars for drive lmao, is this an ironforge thing ? is it because tribars have high hp and wheels don't ?

If it wasn't clear, the tribars don't have motors on them, the motor is for the drum. I'm not Reier but the tribars are used as casters in much the same way as old DSL VSes that use long DSL bar as stabilizers or partially static wedges like Mako. It's just the tribars are shaped well for leaving the weapon open to be hit, while having areas that can sit on the ground on both the top and bottom that allows for easy invertible drum designs.

Obviously Reier is carrying not just IF but most of DSL-S on his shoulders, one look at Reier AI and the amount of detail in the robots is painful. There are a few other good builders but not many people post DSL-S style bots nowadays at all really.

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #201 on: December 28, 2019, 07:32:11 PM »
oh, it's effectively extender work. didn't see that lol

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • Rep: 8
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: December 28, 2019, 10:52:38 PM »
hey reier. this is a badass showcase.

keep on trucking and keeping ironforge alive

Obviously Reier is carrying not just IF but most of DSL-S on his shoulders, one look at Reier AI and the amount of detail in the robots is painful. There are a few other good builders but not many people post DSL-S style bots nowadays at all really.

thanks buds. gets pretty depressing when i'm the only one posting combat effective bots anymore. it's just sad that people only build artbots now (and this is coming from someone who is an actual artist irl). I miss the engineering. irl bots can't fight and that's kind of the goal of building in my mind so i feel myself building less and less since no one cares.

maybe i'm a relic of a bygone age but i hate that building hasn't really evolved in any meaningful ways in like 5 years. just hard to build now when i'm the only one left and no one else even bothers to post. it's like why am i even trying. I really do feel like the last builder left whether that's true or not. At least for the engineering aspect of the game. I do appreciate your comments though, means a lot.

take care champ

ALERT- Another WS coming up...
voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge
My drawings, and my webcomics
Why online PVP will save RA2
The problem with competitive IRL in RA2
I'm fine with hugging reier

Offline Meganerdbomb

• Rep: 6
  • Are you not entertained?
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #203 on: December 30, 2019, 05:29:14 PM »
hey reier. this is a badass showcase.

keep on trucking and keeping ironforge alive

thanks buds. gets pretty depressing when i'm the only one posting combat effective bots anymore. it's just sad that people only build artbots now (and this is coming from someone who is an actual artist irl). I miss the engineering. irl bots can't fight and that's kind of the goal of building in my mind so i feel myself building less and less since no one cares.

maybe i'm a relic of a bygone age but i hate that building hasn't really evolved in any meaningful ways in like 5 years. just hard to build now when i'm the only one left and no one else even bothers to post. it's like why am i even trying. I really do feel like the last builder left whether that's true or not. At least for the engineering aspect of the game. I do appreciate your comments though, means a lot.

take care champ
It's pretty based that you're still building combat effective bots in 2019 ngl.
im just waiting for meganerdbomb to come along and kick things into gear.

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #204 on: January 01, 2020, 06:01:27 AM »
yeah, standard building is pretty much on permanent coma now. "C'est la vie". we can control GTM culture but i think it's a hivemind thing. most builders that come here are familiar with irl, so they build IRL. and most standard builders left or no longer bother with RA2.

and we ARE relics of a bygone age, it's true. but the fact that we still build is still something.

hell, this is making me want to build some DSL-S bots myself. so maybe i'll download all the stuff.

not sure to pick 2.2 or 2.1 though

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #205 on: January 01, 2020, 04:35:44 PM »
yeah, standard building is pretty much on permanent coma now. "C'est la vie". we can control GTM culture but i think it's a hivemind thing. most builders that come here are familiar with irl, so they build IRL. and most standard builders left or no longer bother with RA2.

and we ARE relics of a bygone age, it's true. but the fact that we still build is still something.

yes. but rest easy knowing that you can destroy almost any builder on the forum without even trying though :gawe:

again, nothing against irl but making good looking bots is only half the fun. the other half is combat and irl can't fight to the fullest the game allows because they can't take advantage of the way the game physics work. its kind of ironic that standard is actually closer to real life than irl is because standard and real life both play to the rules of physics of their respective domains and irl just makes choices based on looks alone that are ultimately arbitrary to actual combat effectiveness. it's really bizarre actually.

speaking of bizarre choices:

trifecta.png

sns flipper hybrid babbbbyyyy
yea so this is kind of based off some of the advice i gave nary on his own psycho hybrid escapades. take a wild guess how combat effective this thing is lmao. doesn't matter, the concept is fun and i had fun building it. needs more batteries though. could be decent in pvp in a few arenas but with ai this thing is screwed.

voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #206 on: January 01, 2020, 05:38:06 PM »
it certainly looks more combat effective that my abomination of a hybrid, lol

Offline Team Code Red Robotics

• Based
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -10
  • Based
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Code#4035
« Reply #207 on: January 01, 2020, 08:20:51 PM »

yes. but rest easy knowing that you can destroy almost any builder on the forum without even trying though :gawe:

again, nothing against irl but making good looking bots is only half the fun. the other half is combat and irl can't fight to the fullest the game allows because they can't take advantage of the way the game physics work. its kind of ironic that standard is actually closer to real life than irl is because standard and real life both play to the rules of physics of their respective domains and irl just makes choices based on looks alone that are ultimately arbitrary to actual combat effectiveness. it's really bizarre actually.

speaking of bizarre choices:

[ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]  

sns flipper hybrid babbbbyyyy
yea so this is kind of based off some of the advice i gave nary on his own psycho hybrid escapades. take a wild guess how combat effective this thing is lmao. doesn't matter, the concept is fun and i had fun building it. needs more batteries though. could be decent in pvp in a few arenas but with ai this thing is screwed.
You are going to get destroyed by my new invention
Based

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #208 on: January 01, 2020, 08:58:36 PM »
cool
glad someone else is trying to innovate
ReiAI pack for Ironforge

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: January 01, 2020, 11:02:37 PM »
That's so cool, I love it!
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
messing around a little with different wheel setups.

annynewwheels.png

annytracks2.png

i remain unconvinced but i think they look kinda cool. track one especially. too bad it's super slow due to the grip nerf. it'll need dualbirds to be competitive but that'll be really heavy and the weapon will suffer as a result
EDIT: gave it dualbirds. works pretty good. still undecided if it's better than mini wheels, probably isn't
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 05:07:19 PM by Reier »
ReiAI pack for Ironforge

Offline 8bean

• Professional Tourney Rigger
  • Rep: 10
  • I'm on discord probably
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: 8bean#4514
the og returns
Stuff I didn't suck at (from oldest to newest)

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
the og returns
i appreciate the thought but do you have any feedback  :dumb)
ReiAI pack for Ironforge

Offline 8bean

• Professional Tourney Rigger
  • Rep: 10
  • I'm on discord probably
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: 8bean#4514
the og returns
i appreciate the thought but do you have any feedback  :dumb)
no heck

fr tho i think the treads look really nice but if they're going to affect performance then i'd stick with the original as the other larger wheels look kinda jank imo
Stuff I didn't suck at (from oldest to newest)

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
i'm a bit worried that this might get stuck in a stupid way, and while i see that you have taken steps to reduce that, i'm not sure it's enough. like this might get stuck on it's side if you push it in a corner.

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
i'm a bit worried that this might get stuck in a stupid way, and while i see that you have taken steps to reduce that, i'm not sure it's enough. like this might get stuck on it's side if you push it in a corner.
possibly but i think that the back of the treads can still move the bot if that happens. i dunno though. i doubt its any worse than the other version and ive really never had it be an issue on that one.
ReiAI pack for Ironforge

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
possibly but i think that the back of the treads can still move the bot if that happens. i dunno though. i doubt its any worse than the other version and ive really never had it be an issue on that one.
forgot to mention that it was more for the first armored one, the second one doesn't look like it can really get stuck