Author Topic: Mystic2000 s'not-so-mystic Ironforge showcase  (Read 7137 times)

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Mystic2000 s'not-so-mystic Ironforge showcase
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2015, 10:05:13 AM »
I feel that a single large disc would be better. go the DSL Backyard Shredder way.

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2015, 10:11:10 AM »
I'd say ripblade or whatever you called it is a bit too glass cannon, even if you go with that design. Seems like you're wasting weight using the high hp dsl disc over the dark disc when everything else is so low hp.
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline RedAce

• Host of The Award Winning Deathmatch Series
  • Yep, I'm that RedAce guy.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: ThatRedAceGuy#3618
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2015, 10:12:02 AM »
Arc Pounder looks a tad too unstable. Maybe you can add another hammer on the other side? It would probably fit Arc Pounder and it could work.

Ripblade is alright, yet looks unstable and will be even more unstable when the stabilizers break off with how they're done. Maybe a Nightmare style approach wouldn't hurt.

Backyard Ripper kinda looks messy, yet it could be effective.

Offline Mystic2000

• Utter Edgelord
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • Used to suck at IRL, probably still does.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2015, 10:23:19 AM »
@Nary The problem with a single spinner is that the torque may throw the bot sligthly off course and cause issues with wedging things IIRC you had similar problems with the NAR AI Backyard Grinder

@Craaig tried the dark discs but then either they didn't had the right size or would be asymetrical with 4 teeth

@Redace but Arc Pounder was a single-arm thwack so it wouldn't match it all that much if i added another arm, and as for Ripblade, Nightmare style approach means far more easily hit stabilizers and drive, don't wanna end up like Aero Storm or whatever that IF AI MW VS was called
Robocraft Username: Bob5768
PSN Username: Bob5768

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2015, 10:29:59 AM »
@Nary The problem with a single spinner is that the torque may throw the bot sligthly off course and cause issues with wedging things IIRC you had similar problems with the NAR AI Backyard Grinder

dude that was because 60% of the weight of the bot was in the motor/disc, literally NAR AI Backyard Grinder had an overly huge disc with lots of kg's on it, of course the torque was a problem and it was the design's fault

if you use a medium2 or even a large dsl disc it'll be fine, maybe build your bot unbalanced to counter the torque ?

Offline Mystic2000

• Utter Edgelord
  • Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2015, 08:09:08 AM »
Might aswell post this now before Redace finishes the whole pack (no seriously man you do these really fast)

The Scrappers
"we may be old, rusty, and half-broken, but if you fight us, you'll be the one to be reduced to scrap"

1080 Arc Pounder, added a back skirt for stability, steel 5, 2 Energizers

Shredblade, switched to a setup more akin to the stock ripblade remakes pwn and 09090901 did, PL5, smallest motor drive, 2 Energisers and 1 duracell

Backyard Pulverizer, went with a more Wheel of Misfortune setup, 2 Die Hards, don't remember the armor

Junk Sweeper, LW SNS, Slim Drive, again, unknown armor, also has 2 Die Hards

Scrap Tempest, Pretty wild MW HS, smallest drive, has 100 KG ballast cause otherwise it would shake like a grandma cause of the spinner power and havok if it SNSed for too long while the spinner is active, Al10, 2 Energisers and 1 Duracell

Junkyard Overlord, SHW SnSnS, 4 die Hards, Tite 10, may potentially be killed easily by uber-flat popups, but if this lands a good shot on you, that's gonna hurt 

Offline Jakewilliamson

• Founder of Yugioh Robotics
  • Middleweight
  • Fully Charged!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2015, 08:21:17 AM »
"we may be old, rusty, and half-broken, but if you fight us, you'll be the one to be reduced to scrap"

I think I found a better motto idea for the scrappers.

Edit: might PM redace for mottos for restocked Ironforge AI.

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2015, 08:41:08 AM »
Might aswell post this now before Redace finishes the whole pack (no seriously man you do these really fast)
I'm just working on the available ones on my free time, and I even know I can't complete everything. It's only gonna go slow when I have to wait for the rest from everyone who has claimed they're bot(s)/team.

Anyway, those are looking better than before and look deadlier as well. Do you mind if I give those a different skin?

Offline Jakewilliamson

• Founder of Yugioh Robotics
  • Middleweight
  • Fully Charged!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2015, 08:44:32 AM »
I'm just working on the available ones on my free time, and I even know I can't complete everything. It's only gonna go slow when I have to wait for the rest from everyone who has claimed they're bot(s)/team.

Anyway, those are looking better than before and look deadlier as well. Do you mind if I give those a different skin?

Bold text says it all of course.

Offline Mystic2000

• Utter Edgelord
  • Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2015, 08:51:09 AM »
no problem, i can't be assed to make a proper and more fitting skin anyway

Offline Mystic2000

• Utter Edgelord
  • Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2015, 08:10:07 AM »
Finally managed to do a ironforge standard bot that is actually decent:

X-Liner: Steel 3, 100kg of ballast, outwedges and kills every single reforged MW, but for some reason loses against all the non wedged bots (aside from 2 really lucky wins against ALARM and Shredblade, O_O), it is fairly easily deweaponed, but it is deadly if it gets under you, it also breaks really quickly the wedges of the opponent so it's nearly impossible for them to make a comeback.

if someone ever takes over Ironclash this wouldbe my entry

Offline Mystic2000

• Utter Edgelord
  • Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2015, 04:19:28 PM »
This started as an attempt to replicate a Nightmare animatronic from Fnaf 4 but it went quite horribly wrong:

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • Rep: 8
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2015, 04:49:47 PM »
first mistake: doing something fnaf related
it looks pretty cool though. can it move or anything?

the one above looks pretty good, I know why you angled the weapon like that but I'm not sure if it'll do much damage that way, at least as much as it potentially could.
ALERT- Another WS coming up...
voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge
My drawings, and my webcomics
Why online PVP will save RA2
The problem with competitive IRL in RA2
I'm fine with hugging reier

Offline Mystic2000

• Utter Edgelord
  • Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2015, 05:00:18 PM »
well, the legs can kick, the arms can move up and down with the blade parts being also articulated, the head s'mouth and the upper jaw of the "belly mouth" are on hinges so they could move if i'd make a hinge burst , as for the above one, i guess maybe the normals do reduce it's damage potential, i guess i may test if it works better with the vs being straight

Offline MassimoV

• I Move Weight
  • Rep: 24
  • I make rap for people of Serbia
    • MassimoVTV
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Mourning Glory
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2015, 07:39:40 PM »
lol that actually looks kinda badass

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2015, 07:40:56 PM »
Heh, that doesn't look too bad actualy.

Offline Mystic2000

• Utter Edgelord
  • Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2016, 08:15:14 AM »
Not sure where to put this, but here, have the first Mystic AI team.

LW and MW are remakes of my extra bots in the Scrappers team i made for reforged, since they need to be replaced, i might as well put them here, LW is not too bad but seems to have slightly low damage, MW has slight stability issues, HW s'having decent sweeping power, and the 3 other ones haven't been tested yet.

Offline Mystic2000

• Utter Edgelord
  • Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Mystic2000's not-so-mystic Ironforge showcase
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2018, 07:45:43 AM »
more necromancy of useless showcases, but with online being potentially a thing again, i can post those prototypes i had in the works when parsec was first discovered:

Brutality like design, the idea here is that now i can actually disable my spinner when it's unbalanced instead of turning into a spikeballing mess, and wedge + strong drive allows for pins and hazard usage so i'm not completely screwed when one of my axes eventually break off

the closest thing to a human drivable melty-brain i could get, is barely able to move tho and is more of a proof of concept than anything, will try working on a properly optimised thing soon

HW - Oups! (french for "Whoops!", for hopefully rather obvious reasons), since hasards can now be reliably used by human drivers, builds like this can be used, this has 5 of the longest DSL bars for front armor and VERY fast drive, allowing it to easily tank any hits and smash the opponents against the wall with little chances of fighting back, pits can also be used by this with it's angled skirts almost acting as a dustpan and letting this easy steer it's opponent with the aid of the two side bars that double as wheelguards, i'm thinking a sledge wall version might still be better cause deweaponing abilities.

this is unfortunately a failed experiment, the idea was to have an SNS that could change it's diameter mid-match using servos, so that in tight spaces or when a fast pusher tries to corner it, it can be smaller to spin back up without getting snagged on walls and the opponent as much, and when it's in a open space again and opponent is far away, it can go to max extension for maximum sweep and impact power, unfortunately the servo axles aren't strong enough and just flex like crazy making it inoperable

will make more designs to toy with the possibilites given by online play soon enough

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2018, 10:04:25 AM »
I really like that variable-radius SnS idea. But yeah servos may not be good. I think you should try linear actuators for this idea.

I think it'll just go full Trinity mode with linear actuators though...  :really_makes_you_think:

Also it's always nice to see actual FBS's around. Too bad it doesn't work.

And the Hazard design... I feel you should have a spinner that is less wide (faster spinup, less recoil messing up with your driving and hence wedge, and giving time to bots to go up that wedge.) Maybe two battleaxes are too cumbersome but it's ironforge, idk about their weight.

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • Rep: 8
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2018, 10:28:31 AM »
awesome stuff. innovation like this is what online play could bring. can't wait to see people take it even further.

really a fan of the brutality and pusher bots. they would suck as AI but could be very dangerous if a human drives them in an arena with hazards.
the servo sns is a really neat idea. I think you can make it work. linear actuators might work but the main problem is the servos in IF are super weak for some bizarre reason. in DSL it might be easier to get it going.

keep it up man  :claping
ALERT- Another WS coming up...
voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge
My drawings, and my webcomics
Why online PVP will save RA2
The problem with competitive IRL in RA2
I'm fine with hugging reier