Robot Arena > Ironforge TC Showcases

Kelimpels Ironforge Showcase

(1/4) > >>

Kelimpel:
Im not really good at ironforge so i started a showcase to get better at it

can someone tell me how to improve this?

KidDelta:
Compact the chassis and Don't really be afraid to have those drive motors to hang out/ be exposed at the back

Reier:

--- Quote from: KidDelta on May 06, 2020, 05:31:26 PM ---Compact the chassis and Don't really be afraid to have those drive motors to hang out/ be exposed at the back

--- End quote ---

this is way more true in dsl. the main reason to do that in dsl is the chassis armor is so weak but it's a lot stronger in ironforge.

kel, i think you're on the right track. i would definitely try to keep as close to either 200kg or 400kg (the ironforge MW and HW weight limits) as you can. you currently have a super underweight HW that you could easily stick 85kg worth of armor or weapons on and there's no reason ever to not do this.
your batteries are good (each gives 20amps, motors use 10amps each). your weapons are a little less than ideal but easily remedied. I would definitely add more weapons and some side armor would probably help too. your two bottom spinners currently are doing almost no damage because most weapons in IF only do damage on the blade or the tip (depending on the weapon, of course). it's difficult to use FS-weaponry well as a result but you can do it if you use weapons without normals. Alternatively you could either make it more of an HS or you could angle your weapons to something like this:
you're on the right track though. keep it up champ

Kelimpel:
Is this any better?

Reier:
yes. much better sticking to the weight limit. better amount of weapons too, though they still look like they will have an awfully hard time hitting opponents. They also clip together something nasty and that goes against the rules of Standard. you need to move them farther apart or find some way where they don't phase through each other when they spin. having your side weapons spin inwards instead of outwards is probably also a good idea.

have you tested it much in the arena? it looks really unstable to me. it seems really tall and narrow with a lot of gyro force. you should see if it works, otherwise you might have to make it wider or at least lower the weapons down. it's pretty hard to tell with your camera angle though. an isometric 3/4 view is usually a lot more helpful for us to see the bot instead of a top-down one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version