Author Topic: select dsl 2.2 robots not working  (Read 1285 times)

Offline lampini

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
select dsl 2.2 robots not working
« on: August 23, 2016, 11:07:57 PM »
Hey everyone, I'm a big fan of robot arena 2 and have followed both the game and the sites evolution for ten years now. And yet, this is the first time I'm posting here :P. Anyway let me describe my situation and see if anybody can help. I recently installed DSL 2.2 and was in the process of moving all my downloaded components, textures, arenas, and bots to the newer version. Everything seemed to work okay except for a few things. Some of the stock DSL  2.2robots would not work. For example, vlad the impaler did not have his fork lifts and instead that weird vlad self righting piston was lodged in the robot, like there was some sort of compatibility issue I guess. I couldn't get it out because it said I had to remove the bit that was attached to it, however after removing literally everything in the robot I could not find it. In my infinite wisdom I tried to fix it myself by recopying vlad's pats into the components folder and now when I try to select vlad the game just crashes. This also happens with vladiator. But that's not all though, the game also crashes when I try to enter a fun custom arena (Eg, stunt arena/  DSL obstacle cource) So anyway, I'm curious if people have encountered this problem and if they have any insight on how to fix it. Thanks everyone!!

Offline R01

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: select dsl 2.2 robots not working
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 01:34:00 PM »
Hey, all the AI replica bots are in the designs folder and it's best to use the updated DSL2.2 ones instead of importing the old replicas. Most of those parts are AI/cheatbot2 ones, so they won't be visible normally and a lot of stuff is done via bot file editing, so even with the parts you wouldn't always be able to recreate those bots.
Pasting the Vlad components into the folder most likely broke the copy to a point where I recommend redownloading DSL 2.2 instead.

For me it crashes on the DSL Obstacle Course as well(already compared the files and couldn't find any difference) haven't tried out the other fun maps but I think that's a glitch(DSL 2.2.1 when?)
Tournament History:
Showcases:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=18882.0
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=19197.0