Author Topic: Download Issue  (Read 1464 times)

Offline TheMadMan

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Download Issue
« on: September 01, 2018, 07:05:28 PM »
Hey, I'm fairly new to GTM. I mentioned this in the Shuntposting group on Facebook, I've been having a really hard time downloading the game, the only exception being the Ironforge version.

Ever time I download DSL 2.2 I get a Internet Explorer icon instead. Doesn't open or give me anything RA related. The other versions aren't loading for me either or downloading period. I'll click download but nothing happens.

If someone could please help me figure it out because I'm extremely confused.

Offline 09090901

• competitive irl
  • Rep: 22
  • anti-boomer super soldier
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Download Issue
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 07:37:26 PM »
Make sure you have a program that can open .rar files (either winrar or 7zip will work)

IF is the only download that's a .zip, so that's probably why you can extract it compared to stock or DSL
DSL-IRL is the libtard’s meta. Go drink more soylent, retard! #BLUELIVESMATTER

Offline TheMadMan

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 07:46:14 PM »
Are winrar or 7zip something I have to download? I've done this before but only on computers that had already had the actual CD game on it.

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
  • Rep: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Kendor#3191
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 08:15:07 PM »
Are winrar or 7zip something I have to download? I've done this before but only on computers that had already had the actual CD game on it.
Can you explain it more clearly? Like, what do you mean with on computers that already had actual CD game on? Does that mean you use a computer that is different from the one you mention?

And as for 7zip, you have to download it. I forget with winrar, but maybe you have to download too

And just asking, but why do you download 2.1? You should download DSL 2.2 or 2.2 Complete Edition instead

Offline TheMadMan

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 07:00:16 AM »
Can you explain it more clearly? Like, what do you mean with on computers that already had actual CD game on? Does that mean you use a computer that is different from the one you mention?

And as for 7zip, you have to download it. I forget with winrar, but maybe you have to download too

And just asking, but why do you download 2.1? You should download DSL 2.2 or 2.2 Complete Edition instead

I had the original CD disc of the game, so I used it to install the game originally. Then when I found GTM, I downloaded DSL on the same computer. I did this with 2 separate computers; install the original CD, then downloaded from here.

With the new computer I have and the fact that I misplaced the CD game because of me moving, I'm litterally lost in the dark about what the hell I need to do.

The only reason I've tried downloading everything is because I kept getting the Internet Explorer icon instead of the zip folder you're supposed to get so I wanted to see if that was the case for the other versions. It has happened for each one except for Ironforge

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2018, 07:07:54 AM »
If you right click on the file you've downloaded and click 'properties', what file type is it?

The DSL2.2 download comes as a .rar which windows cannot open by itself. You need to install a program like 7zip to open it for you.
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline TheMadMan

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 08:14:39 AM »
It says it's a "RAR file (.rar)"

I don't have the winrar or 7zip file yet though. What from the download section do I get? Like what works best?

Offline Thyrus

• Rep: 19
  • Back to purple '17
    • http://www.youtube.com/Th
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2018, 08:30:35 AM »
Google for win rar and get it from their site. Then install it and you can open it with that. And don't worry about it telling you that it's a trial version.  It will never charge you for anything and you can use it for an unlimited time. This is on purpose