Author Topic: ASAI - Version 1.0 Release  (Read 28923 times)

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
ASAI - Version 1.0 Release
« on: February 09, 2015, 07:35:54 PM »

After nearly a year and a half in limbo, ASAI 1.0 is finally complete! Download link is below.

NOTE: The robots in this AI pack are intended to be fought with robots made in the VANILLA (Read: WITHOUT USING CHEAT/CUSTOM COMPONENTS) version of RA2. I stress this VERY HEAVILY because I don't want people downloading custom cheat components off the internet and then bragging that they can kill every robot in 1 hit.

Info (copied from the readme):
ASAI is a difficult mod for the vanilla (meaning you don't have any component mods installed) version of Robot Arena 2.
These robots utilize flaws in the game to their advantage to enhance their performance. Think of roiding but legal, or perhaps think of Son of Whyachi with 4 spinners instead of one, and the spinners could spin through each other without ripping itself apart.
If you do not own Robot Arena 2, it's available for download here: https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=4
Some of the robots in this pack are marked as "AW-" and "BW-", meaning "Antweight" and "Beetleweight" respectively. AW is 125kg maximum and BW is 175kg maximum.
The mod is balanced around single fights in exhibition mode and not toward tournament mode. If you can win an in-game tournament with ASAI installed I'll be impressed.
[Contents of this AI pack include] 96 AI robots to take on either one-on-one, two-on-two, or in a 4 way free-for-all, objectives include destruction of your opponent, a king of the hill competition and a tabletop sumo contest.
New, competitively balanced arenas.*
New, competitively unbalanced arenas.*
Patch to include Double Strength Aluminum in the armor tab.
New UI background.
*not really new, they're mostly taken out of DSL to fill the "obstacle course" section

How to install:
Delete or rename your current "AI" folder in your RA2 directory (same folder that has the "Robot Arena 2.exe" executable), delete RA2.cfz as well.
Then copy+paste all of the folders and files from ASAI.rar into your directory. Select "copy and replace" when prompted.
Delete your corrupted copy of the game and attempt to repeat the installation process on a new copy.
If problems persist, gametechmods has a technical support section on the forum, or you can post in this thread and I (or someone else) will be likely be willing to help.

DOWNLOAD:

TO-DO:
Updated tutorials.
More AI teams
   5-10 Original AI teams, and AI teams from tournaments (Annihilator robots with new and improved AI bindings, ATW 1 & 2, NvF, SSB, handpicked robots from MO, Handpicked teams from MO2:A).
Updated component descriptions.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 11:28:45 PM by Mr. AS »
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline RedAce

• Host of The Award Winning Deathmatch Series
  • Rep: 21
  • Yep, I'm that RedAce guy.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: ThatRedAceGuy#3618
Re: ASAI - Version 1.0 Release
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 07:55:17 PM »
Aw man, thanks so much for this. I've been waiting a long time for this. I'm downloading it now, so once that's done, I'll check for anything needing fixed.

Also, in a future release, did you want the Deadly Sin team all set and ready to go in the AI pack?

Offline Mr. AS

• robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 08:11:14 PM »
You mean this? https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=4978.msg658047#msg658047

Yeah send it my way and it'll go in the pack, you will be credited for making a team. I accept any team that I get (unless you purposely don't try and the theme of the entire team is just KEK LEL MEM garbage). You don't need to worry about that as long as you put forth your best effort.
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline rnifnuf

• Forum Linguist
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 5
  • Proponent of competitive sonnet improvisation
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 10:25:34 PM »
I would love to try this out, but Norton won't let me download the installer file from solidfiles. If it isn't too much trouble, could you please put the RAR directly on GTM?
Follow me on Twitter? I'd like to see you try!

Stock Showcase     DSL Showcase     Ironforge Showcase

Offline RedAce

• Host of The Award Winning Deathmatch Series
  • Rep: 21
  • Yep, I'm that RedAce guy.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: ThatRedAceGuy#3618
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 10:20:01 AM »
I would love to try this out, but Norton won't let me download the installer file from solidfiles.
Have you tried the "Direct Download Link" option?

Also small review so far: I am really liking what is offered in this pack. It gives some sort of creativity and variety in the teams by giving the player at least one bot type in each team. The pack, like AS said, is extremely difficult. It's harder than any Stock AI pack I've downloaded in a long time. It's like the 123AI of Stock if that makes sense.

Rating: 9.0/10

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 11:25:45 AM »
Glad this has finally come out. Will download later today.

Offline Mystic2000

• Utter Edgelord
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • Used to suck at IRL, probably still does.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 02:39:59 PM »
this is my new AI pack to test my stock bots with, oh and btw AS, regarding the teams we can send to you, is there any rule regarding the weightclasses we have to use or how many bots of a certain weightclass can be in a team?
Robocraft Username: Bob5768
PSN Username: Bob5768

Offline Mr. AS

• robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 08:34:36 PM »
oh and btw AS, regarding the teams we can send to you, is there any rule regarding the weightclasses we have to use or how many bots of a certain weightclass can be in a team?
Nope, go crazy. You can make an all AW team or all GHW team if you really want.