Author Topic: Fixing Your Lost Bots Through the .json  (Read 1599 times)

Offline MadBeaver

• Rep: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Fixing Your Lost Bots Through the .json
« on: June 24, 2016, 03:11:01 AM »
I'm no expert. Just trying to be helpful.
Remember to backup your files before modifying them.

Fixes currently include
1. I entered my Bot in a tournament, but it was overweight/unrestricted and now it's trapped/locked, or I can no longer access it
2. My Bot blew up on the workbench. When I try to open it up in the botlab all I see is broken UI and I am forced to end task

1. I entered my Bot in a tournament, but it was overweight/unrestricted and now it's trapped/locked, or I can no longer access it

First step is to find your Bot File. File path may vary depending on your version of windows.

Go to Documents>RobotArena3>Profile#>Bots
  In the Bots folder there will be a number of folders with random IDs.

These folders contain the Bot files.
  Open the image file(.jpg) in each folder to find the folder that corresponds to the Bot that you have lost.
  When you have found the correct folder then go ahead and open the bot.json file using Notepad

You should see something similar to this:

Delete the number in the parentheses on the line "TournamentUUID" : "699379cf-6251-4a86-9ffa-9248be1a0d02",

Should look like this when you are finished:
   "TournamentUUID" : "",

Save bot.json

You should now be able to access and edit your Bot in the Bot Lab

You can take this one step further and go in to profiles.json and remove all information corresponding to the tournament to free that specific tournament up so that another bot may enter.
  profiles.json is located at Documents\RobotArena3
  Search for the TournamentUUID located in your bot.json using Find(ctrl+f). In this case it was the 699379cf-6251-4a86-9ffa-248be1a0d02 in "TournamentUUID" : "699379cf-6251-4a86-9ffa-9248be1a0d02",

You may also delete all Tournament information for a specific profile in profiles.json. This will open up all tournaments for your team.
  I suggest creating a new team, and comparing the team with no tournament information to a team with tournaments completed.

2. My Bot blew up on the workbench. When I try to open it up in the botlab all I see is broken UI and I am forced to end task

First step is to find your Bot File. File path may vary depending on your version of windows.

Go to Documents>RobotArena3>Profile#>Bots
  In the Bots folder there will be a number of folders with random IDs.

These folders contain the Bot files.
  Open the image file(.jpg) in each folder to find the folder that corresponds to the Bot that you have lost.
  When you have found the correct folder then go ahead and open the bot.json file using Notepad

Scroll to the very bottom of the bot file.

Delete the nulled component at the bottom starting from the comma(,) to the brace(}). Save.

You should now be able to access and edit your Bot in the Bot Lab.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 11:57:59 PM by MadBeaver »

Offline Immaculato

• Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Fixing Your Lost Bots Through the .json
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 11:34:15 AM »
THANK YOU SO MUCH, saw your posts on steam forums. Spent like 2 hours on the bot when it exploded and it fixed it.  :claping :claping :claping

Offline MadBeaver

• Rep: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Fixing Your Lost Bots Through the .json
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 12:58:53 PM »
THANK YOU SO MUCH, saw your posts on steam forums. Spent like 2 hours on the bot when it exploded and it fixed it.  :claping :claping :claping

Not a problem! Glad I could help!