Author Topic: DSL 2.2 OFFICIAL RELEASE  (Read 28638 times)

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: DSL 2.2 OFFICIAL RELEASE
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2016, 11:17:04 PM »
When does it crash? At launch, in matches, selecting bots etc?
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline VGN34D

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2016, 11:40:08 PM »
When does it crash? At launch, in matches, selecting bots etc?

All of the above.

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2016, 12:39:07 AM »
If it really is crashing randomly at all of the above times it's most likely just not playing nice with your PC hardware and you're out of luck. If it crashed at a specific point every time or you did something to trigger the crashes we could help, but you're not really giving us anything to work with.

You mentioned that DSL and RWRA2 crash, does stock default RA2 crash?

Offline VGN34D

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2016, 10:21:05 AM »
If it really is crashing randomly at all of the above times it's most likely just not playing nice with your PC hardware and you're out of luck. If it crashed at a specific point every time or you did something to trigger the crashes we could help, but you're not really giving us anything to work with.

You mentioned that DSL and RWRA2 crash, does stock default RA2 crash?

I never did anything to either of the two, much less the stock one. Even downloaded the patches with no success. Plus, I'd give a screenshot if I could, but due to it crashing too frequently, I'm afraid it takes my proof with them.

As for RA2 stock, it does crash as well at certain points.

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2016, 01:25:03 PM »
Well sounds like you're out of luck, to be honest. RA2 isn't too happy with AMD CPUs and looks like you have an APU there which RA2 probably really doesn't like. If you have access to another PC, like a laptop or something, then you can try to play on that. RA2 has extremely low system requirements so you should be fine running it on any PC you can find.

One last thing I can think of for you to try is to edit ra2.cfg (you can open it with notepad), in the installation folder. Change:
3DHardware=0
Fullscreen=1
GfxDetail=0
GraphicDetail=0

I'm assuming you've already tried deleting your RA2 folder, redownloading DSL from HERE, extracting it and running it that way. What program and you using to extract the folder?

Offline VGN34D

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2016, 06:31:35 PM »
Well sounds like you're out of luck, to be honest. RA2 isn't too happy with AMD CPUs and looks like you have an APU there which RA2 probably really doesn't like. If you have access to another PC, like a laptop or something, then you can try to play on that. RA2 has extremely low system requirements so you should be fine running it on any PC you can find.

One last thing I can think of for you to try is to edit ra2.cfg (you can open it with notepad), in the installation folder. Change:
3DHardware=0
Fullscreen=1
GfxDetail=0
GraphicDetail=0

I'm assuming you've already tried deleting your RA2 folder, redownloading DSL from HERE, extracting it and running it that way. What program and you using to extract the folder?

Guess not. And I bet it doesn't like nVIDIA either. And yes, I have tried and redownloaded it with no success. And it was with WinRAR, too.

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2016, 06:39:30 PM »

3DHardware=0
Fullscreen=1
GfxDetail=0
GraphicDetail=0

Guess not. And I bet it doesn't like nVIDIA either. And yes, I have tried and redownloaded it with no success. And it was with WinRAR, too.
It's fine with nVidia, Intel and most AMD CPUs as well. If I had to guess it's probably due to you having an APU instead of a CPU/GPU. If the game works on 95% of our PCs, it's not the game's fault mate. Besides, AMD CPUs are pretty garbage these days, and APUs are just as bad.

It's unfortunate that you have the hardware config you do, but you really can't expect 13 year old game that wasn't a big release when it came out to work with every modern hardware setup, especially when it's as weird as an APU. Do you have access to any other PCs or laptops?

Offline VGN34D

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2016, 06:46:35 PM »

3DHardware=0
Fullscreen=1
GfxDetail=0
GraphicDetail=0

It's fine with nVidia, Intel and most AMD CPUs as well. If I had to guess it's probably due to you having an APU instead of a CPU/GPU. If the game works on 95% of our PCs, it's not the game's fault mate. Besides, AMD CPUs are pretty garbage these days, and APUs are just as bad.

It's unfortunate that you have the hardware config you do, but you really can't expect 13 year old game that wasn't a big release when it came out to work with every modern hardware setup, especially when it's as weird as an APU. Do you have access to any other PCs or laptops?

Yeah. But, I can't afford to build myself a mega-powerful PC due to insufficient funds at this time. And yes, I do have a laptop as a second PC, which I rarely use, mainly because its not designed for high-end gaming and whatnot as opposed to my current one.

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2016, 06:57:09 PM »

3DHardware=0
Fullscreen=1
GfxDetail=0
GraphicDetail=0

Yeah. But, I can't afford to build myself a mega-powerful PC due to insufficient funds at this time. And yes, I do have a laptop as a second PC, which I rarely use, mainly because its not designed for high-end gaming and whatnot as opposed to my current one.
Yeah the game will almost certainly work on your laptop. You can hook your keyboard/mouse up and it should be fine. Let us know if you can get it working on the laptop.

Offline VGN34D

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2016, 09:29:54 PM »

3DHardware=0
Fullscreen=1
GfxDetail=0
GraphicDetail=0

Yeah the game will almost certainly work on your laptop. You can hook your keyboard/mouse up and it should be fine. Let us know if you can get it working on the laptop.

Same result, unfortunately. I guess RA2 and its DLCs doesn't like PCs in every way, be it high-end or low-end. And the CPU from the laptop was Intel as well. Guess its come to the point where I'm the exception and that the game will only crash on me and me alone, no matter what PC I use. It was fun while it lasted, but I guess its time to throw in the towel after those kinds of efforts.  :(

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2016, 09:35:51 PM »
Can you share you laptop's specs as well? I'm like 99% sure at this point that you're messing something up because RA2 just flat out not working is very rare, and for it to happen on both PCs you own kinda points to you being the issue rather than your computers. Which is a good thing, actually, it means we should be able to fix the issue.

Can you go over every step of you installing the game, from downloading to the point where it usually crashes? Don't skip on the details.

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • Rep: 8
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2016, 12:54:24 AM »
you could record a video too of you going through the whole process of DLing it until the crash
ALERT- Another WS coming up...
voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge
My drawings, and my webcomics
Why online PVP will save RA2
The problem with competitive IRL in RA2
I'm fine with hugging reier

Offline VGN34D

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2016, 06:10:02 PM »
you could record a video too of you going through the whole process of DLing it until the crash

Might try, but I need a game-recording program to do so. XSplit only records stuff whenever a game has appeared and its not enough for it.

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2016, 06:16:23 PM »
Can you go over every step of you installing the game, from downloading to the point where it usually crashes? Don't skip on the details.

Offline lampini

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2016, 09:27:11 PM »
Is anybody having a problem getting the custom arenas to work? the stunt arena and the obstacle course (my two personal favorites) do not work. Is it working for anyone else, if it is a universal problem with DSL 2.2 does anybody know if a patch is being worked on?

Offline R01

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2016, 01:43:37 PM »
Is anybody having a problem getting the custom arenas to work? the stunt arena and the obstacle course (my two personal favorites) do not work. Is it working for anyone else, if it is a universal problem with DSL 2.2 does anybody know if a patch is being worked on?
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=19232.0
Universal DSL 2.2 problem, wish we'd just get a inofficial 2.2.1 patch for that stuff and some components not clipping when they should(like sawblades)
Tournament History:
Showcases:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=18882.0
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=19197.0

Offline Shinkioh

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2016, 04:46:02 AM »
Is the tank threads glitched for anyone? Every time I connect the controls it makes one of the treads as if it was standing on top of something out of thin air.

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2016, 05:44:11 AM »
A screenshot would be useful

Offline Shinkioh

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2016, 10:47:54 AM »

I used the Locked motors version of it under the treads section. I did it without the wedge and forks. Result is the same. :I

Offline Probably Rob

• The Forgotten Obscure Orgasmic Mime
  • Rep: 10
  • You might want your lips around my silent chorus
    • RobotMPire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2016, 10:51:25 AM »
When making a robot once, I remember it doing that. For me, the problem was the control board and batteries were put in after I put the tracks on. I don't know why, but as soon as I removed the motor(s) and did the process again with the tracks done after, it worked. Probably different for others, but I don't know

Try removing the tracks, the track motors, the batteries, and board. Then try it in this order: Board, batteries, motors, tracks