Author Topic: some robots don't work  (Read 1015 times)

Offline lampini

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
some robots don't work
« on: August 10, 2017, 04:45:13 PM »
This is a problem that has persisted for a very long time since I got the DSL 2.2. There will be times where I will try to use a robot and the game will just crash. Like vlad the impaler for example. When I try to battle with him the game just crashes. I tried to import all the components from the original 2.2 file but it doesn't work. But the weird thing is that sometimes it will work in the botlab. Like I can use biohazard in the botlab but not in battle or in the test arena. Does anyone have an idea why this may happen?

Offline FightingBotInformal

• wait, i'm still here?
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -12
  • how tf did i even remember my password lol
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: meet me at RA2 central ig
Re: some robots don't work
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 09:20:56 PM »
I've had the same problem before. It could probably be best to reinstall DSL, which was what I did, and all the bots for me worked fine afterwards. Probably some files in DSL are corrupted.
I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 02:55:46 AM by FightingBotInformal »
my weeb headass with my anime avatar is gone

hmu on discord for anime or music recommendations or to talk ab some sports sh** idk

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 11:12:24 PM »
biohazard uses the trov chassis glitch and you will need to set the graphics to low in order for it to load in game. there's a txt in the dsl 2.2 folder i believe that explains a trick for you to be able to use biohazard in high graphics

idk about vlad though

Offline FightingBotInformal

• wait, i'm still here?
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -12
  • how tf did i even remember my password lol
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: meet me at RA2 central ig
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 11:19:40 PM »
Whoops! Was on about the wrong thing earlier, ignore what I said in my last post on this thread.
biohazard uses the trov chassis glitch and you will need to set the graphics to low in order for it to load in game. there's a txt in the dsl 2.2 folder i believe that
Clickbeetle explained how to make the Trovaner Chassis Glitch trick work before in DSL BBEANS AI on high graphics. Here's the tips, copied directly from the .txt file that came with the AI pack:
Quote from: Clickbeetle
1. Open the options menu and set the graphic quality to "High" if it isn't already. Click OK.
2. Do a battle.  Doesn't matter what arena or what bots.
3. Open the options menu again and set the graphic quality to "Low".
4. Quit the game immediately WITHOUT DOING ANY BATTLES OR ENTERING THE BOT LAB.
5. Boot up RA2 again.  The game will now "think" it is running in low quality, but it is actually using high quality.
You should be all set after following the steps. It usually works only within one try, too. Also, please excuse it as well if it doesn't work for you, the .txt file (and AI pack) is at least 7 years old.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 11:40:57 PM by FightingBotInformal »
my weeb headass with my anime avatar is gone

hmu on discord for anime or music recommendations or to talk ab some sports sh** idk