Author Topic: Running on OSx  (Read 1111 times)

Offline JoeBlo

Running on OSx
« on: April 17, 2014, 09:35:18 AM »
Does anyone successfully run RA2 on their Mac?

I mean using a virtual process, im currently trying to engineer RA2 to run on OSx but im hitting a lot of brick walls so in the meantime I want to just be able to run the game virtually so I can continue with my other mods, etc.

I installed XP on Virtual Box but it refuses to run RA2

So who else has done it and what program did you use? just to save me going through the OS install process a bunch of times with different programs :)

Offline Sage

• Rep: 11
  • RA2 Wizard & GTM's Favorite Stock Builder 2015
  • Awards Sage's Favorite BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Running on OSx
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 07:04:22 PM »
I've always been very happy with the results of using the Boot Camp program that comes with OSx.

It will partition your hard drive and install a native windows OS onto it. At startup you just select which OS you want to run.
You got my vote for RA2 Wizard. Always and forever.

Offline playzooki

• A title is a prefix or suffix added to someone's name in certain contexts. It may signify either veneration, an official position or a professional or academic qualification. In some languages, titles may be inserted before a last name (for example,
  • Rep: -34
    • View Profile
    • click to download more ram
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 08:26:42 AM »
Try WINE?

Offline JoeBlo

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 10:54:38 PM »
I've always been very happy with the results of using the Boot Camp program that comes with OSx.

It will partition your hard drive and install a native windows OS onto it. At startup you just select which OS you want to run.

only issue is with moutain lion boot camp only supports windows 7 minimum. Which i wanted xp support to run older 3DSM programs. That and I prefer the native mac with just windows in a little window :P

I might give wine a go before I try boot camp

Offline Natef

• Rep: 6
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
    • View Profile
    • Nate Reviews Home
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 10:57:59 PM »
i did boot camp for my old mac (from like '09-'11) to get RA2 to work.