Author Topic: Nothing new, just another person having issues w/ judge AI  (Read 1470 times)

Offline Lilleh__

• Overly ambitious tournament host
  • Middleweight
  • Rep: 2
  • Sakura Sunrise is here
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Lilleh__#0625
Nothing new, just another person having issues w/ judge AI
« on: November 23, 2019, 12:19:30 PM »
I've tried getting this bot's AI to work in so many different ways, such as following instructions at told in discord servers, looking at other judge AI bots and how ppl made the AI work in other threads, but I can't get it to work.

Bot's AI:
Code: [Select]
    list.append(("Ice Pick","Judge",{'invertible':True,'nose':math.pi*1,'StartAngle':+math.pi/2,'MotorID':6,'reload':4,'range':99,'topspeed':100,'throttle':130,'turn':60,'turnspeed':3,'weapons':(13,)}))
Bot file: 
Skinned part: 

If anyone could help getting it to work that'd be appreciated.

Offline UberPyro

• Lightweight
  • Rep: 6
  • Well, here goes.
  • Awards GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Nothing new, just another person having issues w/ judge AI
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 08:02:39 PM »
Where does the ai fail? Does the battle start? Can the robot drive around fine?

If the robot can drive around but the weapon doesn't fire then its probably a StartAngle issue, i.e. try all of the different start angles from -2pi to 2pi in increments of 0.5pi (if you've been reading other threads though I'm guessing you've already tried that). I would investigate it myself but I don't know how weapon skins work. I don't see anything else wrong in the binding. Anyway, good luck.

Offline Lilleh__

• Overly ambitious tournament host
  • Middleweight
  • Rep: 2
  • Sakura Sunrise is here
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Lilleh__#0625
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 01:47:11 PM »
Where does the ai fail? Does the battle start? Can the robot drive around fine?

If the robot can drive around but the weapon doesn't fire then its probably a StartAngle issue, i.e. try all of the different start angles from -2pi to 2pi in increments of 0.5pi (if you've been reading other threads though I'm guessing you've already tried that). I would investigate it myself but I don't know how weapon skins work. I don't see anything else wrong in the binding. Anyway, good luck.
I have the drive working fine, but when the fight starts it retracts the weapon and never uses it.  I've added a motorID and tried a few startangles, maybe I should try going the full range when I find the time.

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 08:50:08 PM »
This is 100% a startangle issue. Go from math.pi*-2 to math.pi*2 in increments of 0.5 until you find one that works.
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots