Author Topic: ITT: RedAce dun goofed  (Read 1074 times)

Offline RedAce

• Host of The Award Winning Deathmatch Series
  • Rep: 21
  • Yep, I'm that RedAce guy.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: ThatRedAceGuy#3618
ITT: RedAce dun goofed
« on: March 25, 2017, 08:37:26 AM »
So, I was trying to switch the weight class number for this bot from HW to SHW, with that fancy purple icon that represents the weight class a bot is, like in this image:

I just simply swapped the number in the Class from '2' to 'some crazy number that I found from Techno Destructo'.  I then saved the changes without having a backup, and that's where I have the problem I have now with this bot.  I can't click on the bot in the Export Designs, or have the bot even present in the teams (Selecting a team in Exhibition mode and in Team HQ) without having my laptop freeze, locking me out of it and forcing me to restart (Task manager didn't work either).  I'm pretty sure there's some numbers to replace, but I have no idea what they are, so if anyone who can help out with this bot, that would be wonderful.

Link to the bot: https://gametechmods.com/Robot_Exchange/DSL_SHW/RedAce_Ace%20of%20Spades%20(BROKEN).bot

Edit: I'm pretty sure someone else had a similar issue a while back, but I don't recall if it was exactly this or that similar to what I have here.

Offline Fracture

• Super Mega Hyper Giga
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 11
  • how about i shove my big dog up your hanky panky
  • Awards GTMCS2 Divison Winner BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: ITT: RedAce dun goofed
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 10:05:41 AM »
I posted in this thread, might help you https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=17051.0

But I'm not sure why it still wouldn't work after you changed it back to 2, could be something to do with line endings - I assume you used Notepad++. At the very least you should be able to fix the team by just replacing the Bot2.bot file with a working one.

Offline Fracture

• Super Mega Hyper Giga
  • Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 10:58:00 AM »
DP for visibility, here are some repair attempts I came up with that you can try on your game. None of them work for me but I used a clean install of DSL 2.2 which might be missing some components: https://gametechmods.com/uploads/files/3405redace fix.zip

Oh and be sure to mention if you made any more changes to the file, because line 5 should definitely not be false when any bot is given an icon

Offline RedAce

• Host of The Award Winning Deathmatch Series
  • Rep: 21
  • Yep, I'm that RedAce guy.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: ThatRedAceGuy#3618
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 03:17:09 PM »
None of them work for me but I used a clean install of DSL 2.2 which might be missing some components
Oh right, I forgot that it had DSC's components attached.   :dumb)

But hey, it works perfectly.  Thanks man!

Offline Fracture

• Super Mega Hyper Giga
  • Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 04:43:30 PM »
That's great, that means you probably just converted the file from using Unix/OS X line endings to legacy Macintosh format. You should still be able to change the weight class as long as you stay in Unix editing mode in Notepad++ (shown in the bottom toolbar) or whichever program you use.