Author Topic: Custom Introduction Camera Angles  (Read 1253 times)

Offline G.K.

• Rep: 10
  • Striving for a good personal text since 1994.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Custom Introduction Camera Angles
« on: July 30, 2015, 11:43:20 AM »

Hi,

I'm creating a custom arena introduction for the Twiisted Arena, based off the introductions to the Combat Arena and BBEANS, but as it is of different dimensions to those arenas I'd like to change the camera angles. I could spend absolutely ages trying to fix it all by trial and error but if anyone could let me know what each value meant - as far as I know they could be coordinates/angle/time/speed something else I'd save me a lot of hassle.

An example line is below:

Code: [Select]
            plus.animateCamera((8.6126,4.07693,2.09747), (0.416206,-2.1045), 0.8862, (8.6126,4.07693,2.09747), (0.416206,-2.1045), 0.3162, 1, 1.5)
So there's 14 values there and I don't know what they might correspond to.

Thanks for any help,

GK
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 01:51:59 PM by G.K. »
My above post explains everything about everything.

Host of: Wheely Tag, Back To The Beginnings, BTTB 2, BTTB 3, BTTB 4, & BTTB V.

Heavy Metal: Champion (Mockery of the Whole Concept)
Robotic International Wars Series 1: Champion (Minifridge 6)
RA2 Team Championships 1 & 2: Champion (High Speed Train & Upthrust - as part of Naryar's Not Quite Evil Council of Doom)

Runner Up in: The Amazing Rage (Team Fedex), R0B0NOVA (Zaphod Stock), Steel Warzone (Inception of Instability), Box of Nightmares (Gicquel), Wheely Tag (Minifridge the Second)

Clash Cubes IV: 5th place (Fretless)
BBEANS 6: Rumble Winner & 6th Place (Minifridge 4)

Offline Trovaner

• Rep: 32
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Custom Introduction Camera Angles
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 12:25:11 AM »
I'm glad you got that other issue sorted out. I was just about to look into when I saw that you made an update.

As for your new question, perhaps this would help?
Code: [Select]
#plus.animateCamera(XYZ-StartingLocation, (V-Angle, H-Angle), Starting Zoom, XYZ-EndingLocation, (V-Swing, H-Swing), End Zoom, Delay, Duration) - camera movement (the first half of the parameters correspond to the starting values and the second half corresponds to the ending values followed by the delay and duration. Anything starting with XYZ corresponds to coordinates (given as a tuple). The V-Angle and H-Angle determine the direction of the camera. Delay can be negative but that just causes it to go slow then quickly get to the end of the sequence in the last tick. Once an animation has started, there isn't any way of stopping it.
#plus.fadeFromBlack(Duration) - suddenly turns screen black then fades back in over the given duration.
#plus.setCameraFOV(0.675) - creates an orbit cam at the selected distance from the chassis
#plus.setCameraFOVRange(self.range[0], self.range[1], self.range[2], self.range[3]) - TBD
#plus.setCameraPosition(X, Y, Z) - places a camera at the specified coordinates
#plus.setCameraRotation(V-Angle, H-Angle) - changes the direction of the current camera (works on all camera types).

The action cams are all using plus.animateCamera with no delay and very short durations (so that they can respond quickly to events on the screen).

Offline G.K.

• Rep: 10
  • Striving for a good personal text since 1994.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Custom Introduction Camera Angles
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 03:27:37 AM »
This is exactly what I'm after, thank you very much Trov.
My above post explains everything about everything.

Host of: Wheely Tag, Back To The Beginnings, BTTB 2, BTTB 3, BTTB 4, & BTTB V.

Heavy Metal: Champion (Mockery of the Whole Concept)
Robotic International Wars Series 1: Champion (Minifridge 6)
RA2 Team Championships 1 & 2: Champion (High Speed Train & Upthrust - as part of Naryar's Not Quite Evil Council of Doom)

Runner Up in: The Amazing Rage (Team Fedex), R0B0NOVA (Zaphod Stock), Steel Warzone (Inception of Instability), Box of Nightmares (Gicquel), Wheely Tag (Minifridge the Second)

Clash Cubes IV: 5th place (Fretless)
BBEANS 6: Rumble Winner & 6th Place (Minifridge 4)