Author Topic: CPU aggresiveness lowering?  (Read 905 times)

Offline Yeastisbeast

• Beetleweight
  • Rep: 0
  • I'm back, but no-one noticed I was gone
    • View Profile
    • Awards
CPU aggresiveness lowering?
« on: January 08, 2015, 11:20:53 AM »
I saw an old thread a while ago that had someone saying how to lower the aggresion of CPUs. The guy found the solution, but he was lowering it to a standard level ,so the AIs didn't especially prioritise other player bots over other AIs. I was wondering if it was possible to take it to the next level, so the AIs dont attack you at all. Is it?
Huzzah! This post is bad now!

Offline Agaton

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • You can buy my stuff here!
    • Awards
Re: CPU aggresiveness lowering?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 03:29:57 PM »
In the AI folder, opening __init__.py and you'll find "target human players first" at row 259. changing the only number there to a negative value will change their focus. -99 and they will more or less ignore you. The AI will target you only when you're the only one left. You can shut them down completely by making so that weighted_dist always is bigger than min_weighted_dist. It gets much trickier for a 1v1 matchup. If you just want a punching bag AI, one way you could do it is to grab the desired ai for example Flipper.py and change the tactic from engage to reorient. He will stand still most of the time but can still use his weapon, scrimech and immobile controls making it better than nobrain.py. But if you want something more realistic without actually attacking you I think you'll have to write a new tactic for it. There might be other solutions though.