Author Topic: How do I minimise crashing in RA2?  (Read 964 times)

Offline RTC

• Antweight
  • Rep: -1
  • Owen Wilson on Ritalin and 'Roids
    • View Profile
    • Awards
How do I minimise crashing in RA2?
« on: June 19, 2019, 08:18:24 AM »
Currently running the Orc Wars Overclocked pack, although this seems to be affecting every version of RA2 I use to some extent. Using Windows 10 and running the game in compatibility mode (Windows XP Service Pack 3).

Whilst I can launch fights fine, often times, the game will crash during the fights, particularly if there are more than two robots, or robots with a lot of components being detached in the middle of it. Whilst theoretically possible to work around, is there any means I can employ to minimise the game from crashing as frequently as it does during fights? My best guess is that the game simply can't handle the extent of what is occurring within the game and crashes.

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: How do I minimise crashing in RA2?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 08:55:58 AM »
Currently running the Orc Wars Overclocked pack, although this seems to be affecting every version of RA2 I use to some extent. Using Windows 10 and running the game in compatibility mode (Windows XP Service Pack 3).

Whilst I can launch fights fine, often times, the game will crash during the fights, particularly if there are more than two robots, or robots with a lot of components being detached in the middle of it. Whilst theoretically possible to work around, is there any means I can employ to minimise the game from crashing as frequently as it does during fights? My best guess is that the game simply can't handle the extent of what is occurring within the game and crashes.

This is as good as it can be tbh. The game cant handle it

Offline 09090901

• competitive irl
  • Rep: 22
  • anti-boomer super soldier
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: How do I minimise crashing in RA2?
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 01:45:00 PM »
the game doesn't really like it when components with very small collision meshes break off + excessively long chains get broken

there was a dsl 2.2 crash patch that makes some of the more problematic components stable, however it messed with the physics so nobody really uses it
DSL-IRL is the libtard’s meta. Go drink more soylent, retard! #BLUELIVESMATTER