Robot Arena > General Support

Game crashes

(1/1)

eishiba:
So I downloaded DSL 2.2 Complete Edition from the DSL 2.2 mods section and it crashes. It doesnt seem to happen at any specific time. The first time I selected exhibition and was choosing robots and it crashed. The second time it crashed before the title even came up. What can I do?

[cringey name goes here]:

--- Quote from: eishiba on October 05, 2019, 08:05:18 PM ---So I downloaded DSL 2.2 Complete Edition from the DSL 2.2 mods section and it crashes. It doesnt seem to happen at any specific time. The first time I selected exhibition and was choosing robots and it crashed. The second time it crashed before the title even came up. What can I do?

--- End quote ---
This is a 16 year old game. You just gotta deal with it.

CodeSilver23:
Sometimes it helps to redownload the game. But it’s still gonna crash a lot ngl

Badger:

--- Quote from: [cringey name goes here] on October 05, 2019, 08:52:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: eishiba on October 05, 2019, 08:05:18 PM ---So I downloaded DSL 2.2 Complete Edition from the DSL 2.2 mods section and it crashes. It doesnt seem to happen at any specific time. The first time I selected exhibition and was choosing robots and it crashed. The second time it crashed before the title even came up. What can I do?

--- End quote ---
This is a 16 year old game. You just gotta deal with it.

--- End quote ---
Only in battles. If it's consistently crashing in menus, there's probably an issue

--- Quote from: CodeSilver23 on October 06, 2019, 10:48:08 AM ---Sometimes it helps to redownload the game. But it’s still gonna crash a lot ngl

--- End quote ---
Unless you messed up an install, this won't help

RA2 really doesn't like you alt-tabbing, so try to avoid that. Otherwise, run the game in fullscreen in Windows XP Service Pack 2 Compatibility mode to minimise crashing as much as you can. If the game crashes every single time you select or start a match with a specific bot, or if you try to select a specific item in the botlab, then you have an issue with your install. If it's just random, there's not much you can do aside from the above tips.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version