Author Topic: dsl and robot wars mod  (Read 1407 times)

Offline michaelwho

• Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
dsl and robot wars mod
« on: September 06, 2018, 11:05:38 AM »
Is there a way to combine both of these mods so that is doesnt break on or the other? Is it even worth doing so balance wise? I know nothing about how to mod this game beyond creating textures lol so it might be a dumb question, just though it would be cool?

Offline cephalopod

Re: dsl and robot wars mod
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 01:10:51 PM »
Short answer, no. :P
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
  • Rep: -23
  • :/
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 05:45:09 PM »
Is there a way to combine both of these mods so that is doesnt break on or the other? Is it even worth doing so balance wise? I know nothing about how to mod this game beyond creating textures lol so it might be a dumb question, just though it would be cool?
It would mean separating a lot of components and replacing them through bfe so the robots work on normal DSL. Unless you know exactly what you're doing, it's hard and will take a lot of effort even if you do.
There are guides on here though so if you're willing to do it, good luck!

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
  • Rep: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Kendor#3191
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 05:48:07 PM »
It would mean separating a lot of components and replacing them through bfe so the robots work on normal DSL. Unless you know exactly what you're doing, it's hard and will take a lot of effort even if you do.
Given in the tournament I ran before, Robot Emperor, someone tried to send an IRL bot with RWRA2 parts, and I didn't accept because I didn't have RWRA2 back then and it's OP, does that mean it's possible to move RWRA2 components, into DSL, but it's not as easy as just copy pasting component files

Offline doot

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 06:12:15 PM »
Short answer, no. :P
Long answer: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :V

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
  • Rep: -23
  • :/
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 06:56:49 AM »
Given in the tournament I ran before, Robot Emperor, someone tried to send an IRL bot with RWRA2 parts, and I didn't accept because I didn't have RWRA2 back then and it's OP, does that mean it's possible to move RWRA2 components, into DSL, but it's not as easy as just copy pasting component files
You're preaching to the converted mate, that's why you have to separate the components that are on the robot, rename the files so they don't overwrite and then the robot will work.