Author Topic: BFE'd chassises have stopped working (FIXED LOOK HERE IF YOU HAVE THIS PROBLEM)  (Read 1026 times)

Offline Resetti's Replicas

• Rep: 18
  • Replica King
    • ResettisReplicas
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
I was going to delete this but I think it has instructive value.  If this happens to you, replace your ra2.cfg file with one from a clean copy of the game.  Problem (knock on wood) solved.

All of a sudden, none of the BFE modifications I make to my robots' chassis are working outside the bot lab, like this one:

I think the problem may be with RA2 because they're all doing this.  Please help - all the replicas I've made in the the past 8 months are ***ked if I can't get this resolved.  I tried moving them to a fresh copy, no dice.

Could it be that I moved the files from one computer to another? I  remeber I sent one to Helloface and it didn't work for him, even though it worked fine on my computer.
[/s]

Offline Trovaner

• Rep: 32
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: BFE'd chassises have stopped working
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 11:17:24 PM »
Based on the images, I'm assuming that you're problem is with the slopped top not displaying correctly in any of the arenas. Is that a correct assessment? If so, go into settings and set the graphic detail to low (medium and high won't work).

Edit: I left this tab open too long :O

Offline 123savethewhales

• Rep: 30
  • Friendship is Magic
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Game uses 2 sets of chassis values.  The top, shorter set has a fix height, while the bottom longer set can adjust height with each point.

The game uses the top set of values inside arena when graphic is set to medium or high.

Offline Resetti's Replicas

• Rep: 18
  • Replica King
    • ResettisReplicas
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Game uses 2 sets of chassis values.  The top, shorter set has a fix height, while the bottom longer set can adjust height with each point.

The game uses the top set of values inside arena when graphic is set to medium or high.
So I have to have graphics set to "low" for the adjusted textures to show up?