Author Topic: Adjusting Invisible components  (Read 946 times)

Offline RoboticCombatUk

• Antweight
  • Rep: -3
  • Shut up, bitch
    • Who cares?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Adjusting Invisible components
« on: January 29, 2019, 07:54:49 PM »
Please can someone help me with increasing power of invisible components without having to dismantle the whole structure.
Here where the curser (pointer) is where the invisible component is that I want to increase without taking it all apart in my Roobarb replica
Please can anyone help me.
RA2 (Component Freedom) 2019-01-30 01-47-32-44.jpg

Offline Resetti's Replicas

• Rep: 18
  • Replica King
    • ResettisReplicas
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: Adjusting Invisible components
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 09:09:52 PM »
You can see invisible components by hitting F12 to bring up that red & green wire-mesh.  Adjusting power is done by adjusting the txt file of the component.

Offline RoboticCombatUk

• Antweight
  • Shut up, bitch
    • Who cares?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 06:25:32 AM »
You can see invisible components by hitting F12 to bring up that red & green wire-mesh.  Adjusting power is done by adjusting the txt file of the component.
I can't find the txt file to the component, I've tried adjusting both these txt files:
burst_ddt roobarb
burst_snapper3roobarb
but neither of them work :(

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 07:06:47 AM »
If you open the .bot file you might be able to find it by searching (ctrl + f) for "Burst". For example in the image below, I found that my robot Reptilium uses pneuburst1.txt for its hammer. Note that skirt hinges are also counted as burst motors so keep that in mind while searching through the .bot file.

Also, when attaching images to your post, make sure you click the "Insert Attachment" link next to the file to actually put the image into your post.
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline RoboticCombatUk

• Antweight
  • Shut up, bitch
    • Who cares?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 01:52:57 PM »
If you open the .bot file you might be able to find it by searching (ctrl + f) for "Burst". For example in the image below, I found that my robot Reptilium uses pneuburst1.txt for its hammer. Note that skirt hinges are also counted as burst motors so keep that in mind while searching through the .bot file.

(Image removed from quote.)

Also, when attaching images to your post, make sure you click the "Insert Attachment" link next to the file to actually put the image into your post.
I gave it a try and now Roobarb's flipper is firing perfectly Thank you guys for helping :claping