Author Topic: Action Cam incredibly blurry + motion sickness  (Read 782 times)

Offline redflare

• Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Action Cam incredibly blurry + motion sickness
« on: December 04, 2017, 08:17:12 PM »
So I've been playing and really enjoying the Robot Wars RA2+ mod, having been away from RA2 for some time, its awesome to see how much it has improved. However I noticed the regular cameras in game are incredibly sluggish and don't follow the robots correctly. Googling and searching the forums I noticed several suggestions, such as using Nvidia Inspector to limit the frame rate (60/120) which helped a little, but still causes the camera to pitch and spin wildly in battles, not fun.

So another search provided me with the 'Action Cam' mod, which also came bundled with the Random Arena modification. I installed this and was initially really impressed, pressing F3 and F4, until I suddenly noticed the horrendous jittering and blurriness each robot had as they moved. Its literally unplayable and is giving me headaches and motion sickness.

I'm asking if anyone has a replacement/mod/suggestion for fixing the camera I haven't tried yet? I'm really enjoying the game and all the hard work, its just a shame its difficult to play with such a bad camera.

Thank you in advance.

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Action Cam incredibly blurry + motion sickness
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 12:11:59 AM »
Huh, weird issue. Try amd limit it to 30/45 fps, i don't know if it may work.
You could just use f4 which is a cam mode that follows your bot from an angle (few presets too)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 12:34:31 AM by TGM »