Author Topic: DSL 2.2: Material strengths not working (as well as some maps)  (Read 700 times)

Offline dat_BLOCKHEAD

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hello! I downloaded RA2 (DSL 2.2) off here a while ago, then deleted it because I never played it, and then downloaded it again because I decided to play it more (I know, sounds dumb -_-). Anyways, I noticed that when I try to change the strength of various materials, it won't change it to that said strength: instead it will go down to its 1mm counterpart (for example, I tried to change the strength of my Steel armor from 1mm to 5mm, but it wouldn't change. I tried this out with every possible material and every possible strength, but nothing worked). Also, A few stages keep crashing my game. When I played on the Battlebots arena in Tournament mode, it stopped after the first battle and said that the .exe had stopped working. However, this doesn't happen during a single battle. Also, maps like Ocean Platform and Compressor crash upon loading them altogether, regardless of what I do. Every time, it says that it crashes due to some sort of "abnormal program termination". Can somebody please help me?

Offline Asbestosstar

• Most Bizzare of 2017. Also2nd Best new host of 2017
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: -4
    • Asbestosstar Gaming
    • View Profile
    • Asbestosstar.com
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: DSL 2.2: Material strengths not working (as well as some maps)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 02:53:46 PM »
Did you edit the GMF at all?

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: DSL 2.2: Material strengths not working (as well as some maps)
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 03:00:28 PM »
The armour changes, but do to a glitch in RA2 it shows the 1mm version applied when you go back to the armours tab.

The arenas on the other then are a bug. I believe it has to do with the tournament text file and I know there is a fix for it that I'll post when some handsome fellow decides to edit it into my post https://gametechmods.com/uploads/files/Events.zip
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 03:02:34 PM by cephalopod »