Author Topic: Scrapmatch  (Read 50400 times)

Offline Thyrus

• Rep: 19
  • Back to purple '17
    • http://www.youtube.com/Th
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: A New Hope
« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2013, 11:10:46 PM »
sounds good. hope invertibility will be added :P
is there a way to have smaller steps in rotating stuff? and could you add the degree on how much the bars have been rotated? would be easier to check if the chassis is symetrical.

Offline Sic

• Beetleweight
  • Rep: 9
  • Bots and stuff
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2013, 04:51:31 AM »
sounds good. hope invertibility will be added :P
is there a way to have smaller steps in rotating stuff? and could you add the degree on how much the bars have been rotated? would be easier to check if the chassis is symetrical.
I'll think of something for the step size for the next update. I have an idea how to make wiring effectively fast. Invertibility is indeed possible
An Error Has Occurred!
The username you tried to use contains the reserved name 'It'. Please try another username.

Offline Sic

• Beetleweight
  • Bots and stuff
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2013, 09:31:12 PM »
http://www.indiedb.com/games/scrapmatch/downloads/scrapmatch-alpha-004
Scrapmatch_v0.04 is currently awaiting authorization on Indiedb. However, since GTM is so convenient as to allow uploading, I'll just attach it on this message so you guys don't have to wait.
(Update mostly on the wiring tab. Oh yeah and sawblades.)
An Error Has Occurred!
The username you tried to use contains the reserved name 'It'. Please try another username.

Offline Impossible343

• Beetleweight
  • Rep: 1
  • 5?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2014, 03:43:14 AM »
The chassis builder doesn't seem to work for me, i try adding in a new part but it disappears if i try to add anything to it or go into any other tab. also when i name my bot the game just comes up with the robots file directory and doesn't show it's actual name.

But from when i played one of the previous versions i think that this is going to be a great game when it is finished.

I can't understand why Indiedb might have a grudge.
Sometimes this game is on crack.
and now craaig knows how sakurai felt

Offline Sic

• Beetleweight
  • Bots and stuff
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2014, 09:30:49 AM »
The chassis builder doesn't seem to work for me, i try adding in a new part but it disappears if i try to add anything to it or go into any other tab. also when i name my bot the game just comes up with the robots file directory and doesn't show it's actual name.

But from when i played one of the previous versions i think that this is going to be a great game when it is finished.

I can't understand why Indiedb might have a grudge.
That sounds very weird. Are you sure you're doing it correctly? When clicking 'New Part' then hovering the mouse over a pipe it will seem attached, but actually won't be untill you have clicked on it. If this doesn't work, try hitting backspace while in the chassis builder. It shows you all corner- and end-points on the chassis. See if you can find anything mischievous on the new pipe (floating endpoints, missing endpoints).
As a last resort you can tell me which operating system you're using, and whether you're running 32- or 64-bit.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline Impossible343

• Beetleweight
  • 5?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: January 01, 2014, 10:09:07 AM »
When i open up the robot builder, unlike v0.01, i don't get a default chassis i just get a blank space. when i click new part, a small rod appears but i can't do anything with it. if i try to click somewhere to put it into place the rod just disappears. Also i can't edit the bar either, it doesn't give any settings to change the length or the yaw or anything like that.

Offline Sic

• Beetleweight
  • Bots and stuff
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2014, 01:17:02 PM »
When i open up the robot builder, unlike v0.01, i don't get a default chassis i just get a blank space. when i click new part, a small rod appears but i can't do anything with it. if i try to click somewhere to put it into place the rod just disappears. Also i can't edit the bar either, it doesn't give any settings to change the length or the yaw or anything like that.
Alright. I'll see if i can fix that for next time. For now, you can download the attached .txt file (which is basically the default bot frame save file) and place it in Scrapmatch/Scrapmatch_Data/Teams/Teamname/
This won't fix creation of new bots, but it will present you a save file which you can load and modify as normal.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline Impossible343

• Beetleweight
  • 5?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: January 01, 2014, 02:08:01 PM »
I just tried the default bot you sent me AND a robot i made v0.01. But the chassis doesn't appear in the bot editor. it's just a blank space. Also the back button doesn't work either. It just gets rid of some of the buttons.

EDIT: I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but when i first tried to run v0.04, it crashed. but it was okay loading after that one time.

EDIT2: okay this is really weird, but i reinstalled v0.04 and everything worked fine.

Offline Sic

• Beetleweight
  • Bots and stuff
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: January 01, 2014, 02:22:11 PM »
I just tried the default bot you sent me AND a robot i made v0.01. But the chassis doesn't appear in the bot editor. it's just a blank space. Also the back button doesn't work either. It just gets rid of some of the buttons.

EDIT: I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but when i first tried to run v0.04, it crashed. but it was okay loading after that one time.

EDIT2: okay this is really weird, but i reinstalled v0.04 and everything worked fine.
Alright, good to know.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline Thyrus

• Back to purple '17
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2014, 07:59:10 PM »
is this still going on?

Offline Sic

• Beetleweight
  • Bots and stuff
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2014, 11:54:52 AM »
is this still going on?
Sure is. I'm currently working on a minor project to practice networking, but after that i'll start experimenting with scrapmatch multiplayer. (and add a few more features such as battery and basic damage system)

Edit: Page 4. Finally! Been waiting for this.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline MassimoV

• I Move Weight
  • Rep: 24
  • I make rap for people of Serbia
    • MassimoVTV
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Mourning Glory
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2014, 10:37:46 PM »
Good to here man.

Offline Sic

• Beetleweight
  • Bots and stuff
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2014, 08:39:20 PM »
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline MassimoV

• I Move Weight
  • Rep: 24
  • I make rap for people of Serbia
    • MassimoVTV
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Mourning Glory
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2014, 09:03:35 PM »
That looks awesome.

Offline playzooki

• A title is a prefix or suffix added to someone's name in certain contexts. It may signify either veneration, an official position or a professional or academic qualification. In some languages, titles may be inserted before a last name (for example,
  • Rep: -34
    • View Profile
    • click to download more ram
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2014, 11:52:05 AM »
Amazing

Offline Thyrus

• Back to purple '17
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2014, 12:15:27 PM »
awesome!
I love the underground graffity look of that. looks like something from the 90ies where Robot Combat has its origins. Are there updates on the botlab?

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2014, 12:22:11 PM »
excellence. Keep up the good work dude.

Offline Sic

• Beetleweight
  • Bots and stuff
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2014, 05:32:21 PM »
awesome!
I love the underground graffity look of that. looks like something from the 90ies where Robot Combat has its origins. Are there updates on the botlab?
If by 'botlab' you mean the robot workshop - yes indeed. I'm currently redoing it all after realizing that my savefile system was horrible. It's going to be more like the original from RA2 but still with the added flexibility. I'm also trying to fix up some music and sounds for the next release which won't be anytime soon.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline Sic

• Beetleweight
  • Bots and stuff
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Adjusting the height of this thing makes my i7 stutter.
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2014, 03:36:01 PM »
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline Classicus

• Middleweight
  • Rep: 5
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2014, 03:46:25 PM »
This looks very interesting so far. I will follow this with interest. As for the menu I would strongly advise against the graffiti font, I don't think it really fits. Impressive tho it is. Good luck with it all! One other suggestion I would make is to design it to be mod-able from day one.