Author Topic: Alternative Arena: Design to Destroy  (Read 6674 times)

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Alternative Arena: Design to Destroy
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2019, 11:33:57 AM »
Bad news guys... this Friday my PC decided to die.
it began with BSOD, and ended up with 1 short and 5 long beeps on my motherboard when trying to turn it on :(
i haven't found what those beeps mean, but maybe you know, it's GA X99 ud4 retail motherboard.

anyway, I need money to fix it, so I'll get some job on a freelance, which means I'll spend less time on this project.
i have backed up everything from the hard drive, and I'll keep working on it, but spending less time than I planned :(
  [ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]
Have a look at this thread if you haven't already, see if any of these solutions help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-process-died-in-windows-10-64bit/a17de806-052a-48c9-8c69-306f709b0dd0
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2019, 11:43:08 AM »
Bad news guys... this Friday my PC decided to die.
it began with BSOD, and ended up with 1 short and 5 long beeps on my motherboard when trying to turn it on :(
i haven't found what those beeps mean, but maybe you know, it's GA X99 ud4 retail motherboard.

anyway, I need money to fix it, so I'll get some job on a freelance, which means I'll spend less time on this project.
i have backed up everything from the hard drive, and I'll keep working on it, but spending less time than I planned :(
Have a look at this thread if you haven't already, see if any of these solutions help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-process-died-in-windows-10-64bit/a17de806-052a-48c9-8c69-306f709b0dd0
Im p sure he cant boot up the pc rn

AlternativeArt

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2019, 03:47:30 AM »
Hello everyone! how is it going!?
good news. my pc came back to life, all the problem was caused by Graphics card, that was not sitting well, so it was easy to fix,
but anyway, something happened with my hard drive, so I had to reinstall my os..

AND NOW things are getting serious.
I've almost completed the "first version" of the UI, and all the relevant functions to it.
I had to spend a past week for freelance job, so the development takes a bit more time than i planned  :dumb)

Botlab.jpg

But still, I think I'll be able to complete the "botlab" before the 2020, and maybe even some more stuff like:
- Testing the robot in the garage
- creation of the robot chassis
- some dev-blog videos where I'm testing some of the fun stuff(100%).

2019-12-03 11-44-37.mp4_snapshot_00.00.881.jpg

I've already spend around 1000 euros on the development and assets, and 500 euros on professional music software for music recording.
I want to make also an intro for the game, and another intro with my company logo, so.. yeah.. there is a lot of job :mrgreen:

Offline NickyDustyOwl

• Rep: 3
  • The Scum Of The Earth
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: KermitNicky
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2019, 04:38:34 AM »
Good Progress, I hope to see this game come to life  :claping
Things I done did:

Offline F1Krazy

• Put me on a pedestal and I'll only disappoint you
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 4
  • Tell me I'm exceptional, I promise to exploit you
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2019, 06:59:50 AM »
Now it's starting to look like a proper video game. That chassis builder looks impressive. Automation is one of my favourite early-access games and I love their dev-blog videos, so definitely go down that route if you can.
My DSL Showcase

AlternativeArt

« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2019, 07:42:03 PM »
Just few days ago, I thought it's impossible. at the beginning I planned to make few pre-made hulls in blender, and let players choose one of them, as it was in RA1.
but after spending some time, and few gallons of coffee, I found a way, and developed an algorithm that allows to create a hull from 3 2D Point arrays.

Full1.jpg

Full2.jpg

Offline [cringey name goes here]

• Supah Kickah
  • Rep: -4
  • coolest monkey in the jungle 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2019, 08:18:06 PM »
Just few days ago, I thought it's impossible. at the beginning I planned to make few pre-made hulls in blender, and let players choose one of them, as it was in RA1.
but after spending some time, and few gallons of coffee, I found a way, and developed an algorithm that allows to create a hull from 3 2D Point arrays.
absolutely incredible. im actually astonished at how you did this!!!
please eat something that you're allergic to, in excessive ammounts
:sweat-smile: sadness anxiety insanity and chaos some people choose 1 or 2 me i choose all 4 :sweat-smile:
funniest user 2020

AlternativeArt

« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2019, 03:49:17 AM »
and of course.. what kind of robot battle is it, if you can't smash and bend your opponent?

advanced damage physics coming to Alternative Arena  :mrgreen:

DamageTest2.gif

Offline Team Code Red Robotics

• Based
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -10
  • Based
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Code#4035
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2019, 05:19:34 AM »
and of course.. what kind of robot battle is it, if you can't smash and bend your opponent?

advanced damage physics coming to Alternative Arena  :mrgreen:
I love where this is going :thumbup
Based

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2019, 09:05:04 AM »
Look, this all looks promising, but i have seen that you have been spending money, and a big ammount of it. Inless you have some big marketing plans, i hardly see yiu gaining huge profit from it.
Patreon is a questionable thing, as this isnt a huge community.

Offline F1Krazy

• Put me on a pedestal and I'll only disappoint you
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 4
  • Tell me I'm exceptional, I promise to exploit you
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2019, 02:14:48 PM »
Look, this all looks promising, but i have seen that you have been spending money, and a big ammount of it. Inless you have some big marketing plans, i hardly see yiu gaining huge profit from it.

I'd hardly say that

1000 euros on the development and assets, and 500 euros on professional music software for music recording

is a "big amount" of money when it comes to game development, tbh.
My DSL Showcase

AlternativeArt

« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2019, 03:14:48 PM »

Of course, there is a marketing plan. patreon was planned as additional income, at the time of development, but as it turned out there are no one-time donations familiar to crowdfunding, moreover, they require people to register at patreon in order to donate.

So, we(me and my friend) developed our own website for this task, I just want to add more content from the game first, before we advertise it.
overall our plan is quite simple - after the website is fully ready, we go for a small advertising campaign, then we make a nice gameplay/teaser trailer, and throw out one big advertisement, and getting in contact with some stores, like epicgames, and steam.

and all this should happen this year. sounds like a lot of job, dammm :D

AlternativeArt

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2020, 11:48:56 PM »
Hi everyone once again :)

The development is still in progress, and there are some news i'll tell you about now.

So, i have not made an announcement video before 2019 ends as i planned, because of a simple mistake.

at some point, instead of going straight-forward to complete basic mechanics to make a playable robot,
I've split my worktime for Website development for the game, Model texturing, and Music making for the game.

later, I've also started to work on a project on freelance,
and recently started to work on my portfolio and re-made my first ever mobile game for it(The X Cube on google play).

I've made a good progress in all directions, including game mechanics,
but still there is some time before something playable appears.

Mechanic progress includes:
- Ability to build more complicated chassis shapes(with holes for wheels for example).
- Brushes at paint shop, and ability to paint with transparency to make realistic holes and scratches and stuff.

I'll show you everything as soon as it gets ready for preview.
For now, you can just download one my sound tracks:

It's not one of those that will present in the game, but one of few that i think it's sounds okay(more or less).