Author Topic: Yugioh/"Yugimonz"  (Read 63418 times)

Offline madman3

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Yugioh/"Yugimonz"
« Reply #120 on: June 28, 2014, 04:22:56 PM »
One thing which I've noticed about this game is the potential development around the card "The Last Warrior From Another Planet", which I assume you can look up, but effectively serves as a global summoning shut down deck (opponents can only set monsters as opposed to normal, flip or special summon). Given that, I'm surprised no one has tried a counter to synchros or rapid special summoning decks using it.

Recently adopted a deck partially based on that principle, plus with Spacial Collapse and Ojama Trio as particular highlights, rest of it is kinda just whatever I felt like but I've felt like trying hard stall decks like that

Offline kill343gs

« Reply #121 on: June 28, 2014, 04:38:42 PM »
because exodia decks dont promote competitive play. they promote sitting there and watching your opponent activate 30 cards in a turn and then finally pass turn because there's still a left arm in his deck

For once the mods did something right
#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline yugitom

• Rep: 17
  • Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: June 28, 2014, 04:50:11 PM »
One thing which I've noticed about this game is the potential development around the card "The Last Warrior From Another Planet", which I assume you can look up, but effectively serves as a global summoning shut down deck (opponents can only set monsters as opposed to normal, flip or special summon). Given that, I'm surprised no one has tried a counter to synchros or rapid special summoning decks using it.

Recently adopted a deck partially based on that principle, plus with Spacial Collapse and Ojama Trio as particular highlights, rest of it is kinda just whatever I felt like but I've felt like trying hard stall decks like that
Wait... I thought he was banned... I've just checked and he isn't. Wow... I can't believe I didn't know that. I am running a deck with him in it now.

Offline senstro

• Very dead
  • Beetleweight
  • Rep: 0
  • Keep calm and don't lose your head.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #123 on: June 28, 2014, 05:03:43 PM »

Wait... I thought he was banned... I've just checked and he isn't. Wow... I can't believe I didn't know that. I am running a deck with him in it now.
If you're running this deck run Anti-spell fragrance. Stops your opponent from setting cards. (Works better in a dark simoroge(?) deck)
I might be some time.

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: June 28, 2014, 05:32:51 PM »

If you're running this deck run Anti-spell fragrance. Stops your opponent from setting cards. (Works better in a dark simoroge(?) deck)
Dark Simorgh, Anti-Spell Fragrance and The Last Warrior From Another Planet would be an awesome set-up.

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: June 28, 2014, 09:51:56 PM »
Last Warrior from Another Planet? You mean that decades old fusion card?

I might try a deck like this just to troll people on DN

Offline powerrave

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: June 29, 2014, 07:00:24 AM »
Hold on there. Anti Spell Fragrance doesn't stop the opponent from setting cards, it forces both players to set spell cards before they can be activated.

I am thinking of running that card in my Traptrix since I also run Xing Zen Hu in there, which allows me to lock two set cards. However, I'm gonna run into a bit of trouble managing my zones if I also were to play that next my Ground Collapse as well as leaving a zone free for my 'Hole' normal traps.
"Always be yourself, unless you're a loser"

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: June 29, 2014, 05:12:00 PM »
So I built a Last Warrior deck on DN today. Managed to get a first turn LW out, but the other guy ran this insane burn deck that relied on trap cards, so I couldn't do much about it :V

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: June 30, 2014, 07:00:08 PM »
>lose rock paper scissors
>other guy gets out 3 xyz monsters and an invincible 4 star monster before i can move
>i can't even.exe

Offline powerrave

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: July 01, 2014, 01:51:57 PM »
Well sh**. Well, happens when the other just has a great draw.

Offline madman3

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: July 01, 2014, 02:17:30 PM »
So I built a Last Warrior deck on DN today. Managed to get a first turn LW out, but the other guy ran this insane burn deck that relied on trap cards, so I couldn't do much about it :V
If you are careful you might be able to exploit a Last Decree setup, and then pump the LW really heavy with equip cards (assuming your not using Spatial Collapse as well, which is the funniest card ever to use with LW, especially of the opponent likes his trap cards). I'll see if I can come up with anything clever to do with that.

Edit: This would especially work given the ludicrous number of equipable cards that highly benefit warrior types. I can see this being quite strong.

Offline kill343gs

« Reply #131 on: July 01, 2014, 02:19:31 PM »
combine scapegoat with united we stand for maximum lulz

For once the mods did something right
#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: July 01, 2014, 02:26:40 PM »
how come cutesy raccoons can absolutely own 75% of the people i'm matched with

this is amazing

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: July 03, 2014, 07:44:35 PM »
Baby raccoons are like the best thing ever holy crap

obedience schooled gets out two sandayus in one turn so neither of them can be destroyed, then play dark hole, wipe their field and kill everything

or just wipe it with barbaros and do 3000 damage in one turn :3

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: July 31, 2014, 07:18:50 PM »
I thought I would try out an OTK I had made before I hit the hay tonight (this morning) and I finally got it to work:

I had to use anime rules but it's still a fun deck.

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #135 on: August 17, 2015, 08:09:21 AM »
Considering programming the effects of custom cards is so hard that I would only be able to make simple effect monsters, I couldn't make custom GTM cards, however, I wanted to do something with the idea, so I did this:

Close-up of the cards:

Offline Thyrus

• Rep: 19
  • Back to purple '17
    • http://www.youtube.com/Th
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #136 on: August 17, 2015, 10:56:17 AM »
I seem kinda worthless :gawe:

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: August 17, 2015, 11:08:19 AM »
I seem kinda worthless :gawe:
Are you kidding? Your effects are some pretty outstanding ones. You can save monsters from being destroyed from the hand and you can destroy opponents cards whilst on the field. In the video, you save Craaig (Trishula) from destruction.

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #138 on: October 10, 2015, 12:17:24 PM »
Anybody here still playing this? Also, considering I've gotten back into the real life game again, I'm thinking about participating in some local regionals. I feel like I have my sights set on Yu-Gi-Oh! Masters atm. Anyone in the UK going any regionals?

Offline powerrave

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: January 15, 2016, 04:09:49 PM »
Bump.
People here still playing this? I know I do. Won a Sneak Peek last week and now have a nice playmat extra.
Got a more competitive local tournament end of this month where Display box with boosters of the latest set can be won.