Author Topic: What about this bot game ?  (Read 2673 times)

Offline Venko

What about this bot game ?
« on: August 10, 2008, 05:12:20 AM »
Robot Wars: Extreme Destruction (2002)

[ATTACH]121[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]122[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]123[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]124[/ATTACH]

MIN requirements : Operating System: Windows® 98, ME, XP;Processor:  500MHz Pentium® III or 100% equivalent;Hard Disk (available space): 500MB ;Memory: 128MB RAM;Drive: 8x CD-ROM;Display: 16MB 3D Graphics Card (capable of running DirectX® 8.1)

RECOMMENDED requirements : Pentium III 800;256 Мб RAM;Display: 32MB 3D Graphics Card (capable of running DirectX® 8.1)

You can build bots in this game too.

Is this game good?
Did someone play it?
Did someone know stuff for it?

If you want i can test it and tell you guys how is it compared to RA2...
1044172426-00.jpg
1044172426-00 1.jpg
1044172426-00 2.jpg
1044172426-00 3.jpg

Offline Somebody

• Rep: 13
  • CP: +2
    • SomebodyofGTM
    • View Profile
    • My site
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 07:12:41 AM »
I have the predecessor to this game, and it looks alot like this. You choose what parts you want, they are placed in a chassis in which you could fit 3 lightweights in, and then you choose your armor. And the armor is different because it also has wood, and Kevlar.

Edit: Also, you don't get to put the parts where you want, and all that the damage is, is that the armor dents, then just falls off in sections.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 08:36:16 AM by Somebody »
I built that big robot on that TV show that time

Offline Venko

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 08:17:38 AM »
OK, i will test it and tell about this new version of this game...

Offline System32

• Rep: 4
  • Reality
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 09:48:52 AM »
The good version was the prequal. Robot wars, Arenas of destruction. We also have a thread for that. Now, Can to post pics of the bots in that game when you get it?
Put this onto your signature if you were part of this crappy fad in '03.

Offline goose

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 08:55:27 PM »
no!
yes.
I know many things.
sippin' on my Honeydew bubble tea.
party in my tummy. yummy, yummy.

Offline H@zm47

• Middleweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 07:40:06 AM »
I have it on my Xbox (bought it off eBay) it's O.K. but it's WAY behind RA2 though. I've never played the prequel. What do you mean by stuff?
Achievements:
BBEANS 6: What Shell Spinner? (2-1 - 3 KOs and 4 WBPs)
RAW 2: Smoke and Mirrors (1-0:2 KOs and 1 TKO)
Clash Cubes 3: Shortsighted Surgeon ][ (Finished 15th)
UK vs USA: The Matador (USA) (Eliminated Round 1)

Offline System32

• Reality
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 08:48:26 AM »
It's kinda better in gameplay, as you can have 6 bots in an arena at one time. Does anyone know how to do that with RA2?

Offline Venko

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 09:02:51 AM »
[ATTACH]128[/ATTACH]

After the creepy intro and the creepy loading screens you get to the creepy menus. Whatever you click you need to wait some seconds cos the menu is build in 3D and you must wait the creepy buttons to animate after clicking. You have quit (my favourite button of this creepy game), options, arcade and competition. In competition you have money and you can buy a robot or build some. The building part of this game is creepy. You just choose chassis, wheels, motors, weapons and stuff for money. But you just choose them not build whole bot like in RA2. I was surprised that they DONT have a menu where you can reconfigure the controls. There are no help file after installing too. So you MUST know the keys from i dont know where. Anyway... You have some new interesting type of matches. You can play splitscreen too. Ingame the controling of the bots (yes, i find somehow the keys) is creepy and lame. The game is hard even on normal cos other bots in begining are more good so you must depend on luck or something to happen to them. Graphic is a lil more good than RA2. There are lot hazards on the arenas. And a lot referee bots that attack you if you come close to them... So the goal is to win more money and unlock new parts and arenas and stuff.

Final verdict : CREEPY , dont buy it, its a waste of money...
untitled.jpg

Offline Somebody

• Rep: 13
  • CP: +2
    • SomebodyofGTM
    • View Profile
    • My site
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 10:09:49 AM »
Venko: Those bots (called "The House Bots") are SUPPOSED to attack you when you get too close.
I built that big robot on that TV show that time

Offline System32

• Reality
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 10:14:07 AM »
Oh, Then I'll help.

Buy a lifting arm If you have one. Then buy a better drive, aluminuim armour and and a circular saw on the rear. On every competition, filp the bots over and saw them. After 3 goes, you get enough money to buy better bots, etc etc etc.

Offline Ice the frosty cat

• Antweight
  • Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 04:06:52 AM »
Ok, it's nowhere near as good as RA2. But it's not a waste of money >_>

Offline Resetti's Replicas

• Rep: 18
  • Replica King
    • ResettisReplicas
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2008, 09:48:14 PM »
I am a fan of Robot Wars as you probably guessed from my replica building. Allow me to shed some light on the finer points. Here's my take on the game.

It's meant to appeal to fans of Robot Wars, who have always dreamed about taking to the controls of Robot Wars greats like Razer, Panic Attack, Pussycat, and lots of others.  The focus was clearly on cashing in on Robot Wars, not making an acres-of-freedom bot building game.  The main way to succeed is to build a semi-decent bot, earn enough credits to buy a semi-decent Robot Wars bot, then earn enough credits to buy an A-list Robot Wars bot.

As for gameplay, nothing to write home about.  Many robots skid across the arena like ice capades, to the point where I deemed certain ones completely unplayable.  Robots with powerful flippers are a bitch too; they randomly send themselves flying instead of their opponents.  Another complaint I had was with the house robots.  As mentioned earlier, they guard a certain part of the arena and attack all who dare stray in.  My problem is that they're so disorganized; just graze a corner of the patrol zone, and it'll be a house robot blood orgy for you.  The Refbot tries his best to keep things under control, but ultimately the house robots flip him the bird whenever they get a red or yellow card.

There were a couple of issues from the last Robot Wars game that I expected them to fix, and was disappointed when they didn't.  First is the issue with invertible bots.  Now, the point of an invertible bot is that it can keep on rollin' if it gets flipped over.  It can do that in this game, but the ref doesn't seem to care; even if you're moving, you're counted out just for being upside down.  The other issue was judges' decisions.  In Robot Wars, the criteria are style, control, damage, and aggression.  Damage is clearly defined, but there's no explanation as to how you rack up points in the other three areas, meaning that you can strip down your opponent to a bare chassis but still lose on judges' decision if they didn't feel you were stylish enough.  

In short, don't buy this game unless you're a fan of the Robot Wars franchise.  Most of the satisfaction comes from lighting Diotoir on fire, and helping Razer to settle his long-standing score against Pussycat.

Offline hugotr

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 01:23:24 PM »
So what is the final decision?Good game or Bad game (for the RW fans and for the RA fans)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 01:23:59 PM by hugotr »
I am a topic bumper :gawe: