Author Topic: Robot Wars: Extreme Destruction  (Read 71976 times)

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
  • Rep: -23
  • :/
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: Robot Wars: Extreme Destruction
« Reply #220 on: August 07, 2014, 06:39:34 AM »
It was.

Offline Natster-104

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 6
    • http://www.youtube.com/ch
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #221 on: August 07, 2014, 06:47:53 AM »
Does anybody know of any mods that add to the game? This forum with its mod has been lurking for a long time

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #222 on: August 07, 2014, 08:02:20 AM »
There are no mods. It's a pretty unmoddable game really.
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline RpJk

• ♫Time has come to listen to the crying of their puppet souls♫
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -1
  • Done and done.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #223 on: August 07, 2014, 09:00:07 AM »
There are no mods. It's a pretty unmoddable game really.

Unlike RA2 ironically.
Old Stock Showcase: https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=6590.0

I've moved to other forums. Under a different name. This is where it all began.

Offline SkullKid2000

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • Master of the House Robots
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #224 on: August 08, 2014, 01:20:40 PM »
I've modded this game, plus Arenas of Destruction. QuickBMS is a really helpful tool to do this. But, like said before, both Robot Wars Arenas of Destruction and Robot Wars Extreme Destruction are indeed moddable, but to a limit of course.
Best Regards,

Skull Kid

Offline SkullKid2000

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #225 on: November 27, 2014, 04:28:21 AM »
Finally found out why Dead Metal's pushing power was so great in Robot Wars Arenas of Destruction. It was the "COMSHIFT" value in the chassis descriptor for him in Robot Wars Extreme Destruction which had a "\" in front of it. In other words, it was ignored.

The "COMSHIFT" value had three rows of different numbers, supposedly the three XYZ axis. So, I removed the "\" before the Z axis, to make use of the "-25" that was there, and voila! Dead Metal in Robot Wars Extreme Destruction was tilting a little forward, giving him more pushing power, strangely...

Oh, and by the way, while we're talking about the "COMSHIFT" thingy, is there a way to change the center of gravity of robots as well, possibly? As the "COMSHIFT" seem to do just that. There are two lines of the "COMSHIFT" thingy. One for the front, and the other for the rear? No idea... anyone is welcome to reply if you got an idea, or shoot me a Private Message :smile:
COMSHIFT.jpg
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 05:21:18 AM by SkullKid »
Best Regards,

Skull Kid

Offline Juza1

• Antweight
  • Rep: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #226 on: November 27, 2014, 01:58:44 PM »
I got the game years ago and played through it pretty easily. Decided to install it to my new computer and play through it again...
I cant get past stage 2 because the frickin' murderous house robots push me to the pit or the railroad tracks or off the roof even though i'm in the middle of the arena :vista:
Well, RA2 is better anyway  :approve:

Offline Resetti's Replicas

• Rep: 18
  • Replica King
    • ResettisReplicas
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #227 on: November 27, 2014, 02:00:35 PM »
Yeah, they programmed the house robots to occasionally get out of line so that they could show off the Refbot's red & yellow card system.

Offline SkullKid2000

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #228 on: November 27, 2014, 09:55:07 PM »
I'd rather say the opposite. In my opinion, the two Robot Wars official games are better than Robot Arena 2: Design & Destroy. Mainly because they are also moddable, and the house robots are included.
Best Regards,

Skull Kid

Offline Juza1

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #229 on: November 28, 2014, 02:37:53 AM »
Well, until HBs mod comes out

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #230 on: November 28, 2014, 03:52:29 AM »
The only thing the official games have on RW right now is the nice arenas, house bots and perfect replicas.
Our modding, building, physics, etc is all better than the RW games atrocities in most of those respects, plus we'll have all the RW stuff in the aforementioned mod.
I think you're literally the only person I've ever met who prefers any of the official games to RA2 :P
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline Juza1

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #231 on: November 28, 2014, 04:56:14 AM »
Next Car Game + Robot Wars would probably be the best game ever

Offline Knight

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #232 on: November 28, 2014, 05:43:35 AM »
I'd rather say the opposite. In my opinion, the two Robot Wars official games are better than Robot Arena 2: Design & Destroy. Mainly because they are also moddable, and the house robots are included.
What have you been smoking/drinking/absorbing to think either of the main Robot Wars games are better than Robot Arena 2?

*The RW games were made in-house at a studio owned by the BBC, so that's already not a good sign. It's also the same studio that put out that awful Little Britain game a few years later.
*The physics engine for both RW games are awful. Everything bounces about without any regard for realism or common sense. The robots in Robot Arena 1 may have moved like slabs of concrete, but at least they didn't bounce like they were made out of rubber.
*The house robots are a pain the arse. In ED especially, they just do whatever they like half of the time. You could have the best robot in the game and still get ****ed over because Killalot decided to push you into the pit for no reason.
*Self-righting is bugged so that only specific weapons on specific chassis will work. If you have anything that's not a wedge or an invertable box, you're in for a rough time when you get flipped over. House robots and a lot of replicas automatically right themselves without doing anything and it looks dumb.
*Speaking of replicas, half of them look off. Look at WBC, Tornado and Razer if you don't believe me.
*Robot customisation is extremely limited compared to RA2. Good luck building a wedge robot that can run either way up in the RW games.
*JP won't shut the hell up unless you completely mute him.
*There are way more custom items made by the communty for Robot Arena 2 than for the RW games put together. In fact, are there any Robot Wars game mods that aren't just slight tweeks to the code?

The only thing that the RW games have over RA2 is that they can have more robots in a battle than RA2 can.

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: -27
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #233 on: November 28, 2014, 06:44:41 AM »
wow

such physics

Offline HereticBlue

• Rep: 22
  • Team Immersion Robotics
    • View Profile
    • Team Immersion
    • Awards
« Reply #234 on: November 28, 2014, 07:25:35 AM »
I would've have said my replicas are better than the ones from RWED. I know it's a conceited thing to say but they are far more detailed and accurate. Even my earlier Hypnodisc and razer meshes are better.

The thing I think makes the game is atmosphere, aswell as the arenas. So with the Offical MOD I'm doing, all this is revived and you probably won't want to play RWED anymore. Best part is, J Pearce talks a canny bit in the MOD but he's no-where near as annoying as he is in ED or AON.

If someone said that this alone ISNT better than the all the reps in the original RW games then I'll retire :P especially considering its officially the 'new' robot wars game.

Team Immersion - Vulture, Amnesia, Amnesia 2, Halcyon, Hysteria and many commissions!

https://m.facebook.com/teamimmersionrobotics/

Offline SkullKid2000

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #235 on: November 28, 2014, 07:28:51 AM »
Knight, with all respect, everyone can have their own opinions. I prefer the official Robot Wars games, no big deal. That's my opinion, period. I'm not saying that Robot Arena 2 Design & Destroy is bad, did I? No, I did not. Also, I don't drink, smoke or "absorb" anything for that matter. I own Robot Arena 2 Design & Destroy, Robot Wars Arenas of Destruction and Robot Wars Extreme Destruction, but Robot Wars Arenas of Destruction is my favorite of the three, and that's MY opinion, yours can be different. But you don't respect my opinion, I don't respect yours.

Kind Regards

Skull Kid
Best Regards,

Skull Kid

Offline Thyrus

• Rep: 19
  • Back to purple '17
    • http://www.youtube.com/Th
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #236 on: November 28, 2014, 07:31:17 AM »
talking bout atmosphere...

ED has shadows. RA2 only has shaddows for the chassis but non for components. It's noting you recognize thst often but I think your brain does.

But other than that RA2 is ways better.

Offline Lemonism

• Rep: 16
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #237 on: November 28, 2014, 07:43:08 AM »
Thyrus makes a good point. The style of the robot wars games was pretty different to RA2, much more gritty (did I just use gritty in a serious context?) and industrial, and I really prefer that style over the arenas found in RA2. From the looks of things this will change with HB's mod, though.
I just can't put up with the physics in the old robot wars games, nor the limitations on designing my own robot.
Download Mortis.py
Download some of my DSL2.2 Bots

Offline HereticBlue

• Rep: 22
  • Team Immersion Robotics
    • View Profile
    • Team Immersion
    • Awards
« Reply #238 on: November 28, 2014, 09:12:12 AM »
I don't drink, smoke or "absorb" anything for that matter.

I smoke and drink... And I'm a nutter but I'm working for the Official Robot Wars company, so it can't be bad.

Absorb? Did someone call you a sponge? I may have missed that. ;)
Why don't you explain why you think the old games are better rather than saying it repeatedly. That might be why others find it hard to understand your opinion without reason.

Also When the new mod is done SkullKid, if you don't like it more than the old games then I'll eat my hat.
Have a look: http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/hambone92/library/?sort=3&page=1
Team Immersion - Vulture, Amnesia, Amnesia 2, Halcyon, Hysteria and many commissions!

https://m.facebook.com/teamimmersionrobotics/

Offline SkullKid2000

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #239 on: November 28, 2014, 09:50:01 AM »
HereticBlue, I primarily like Robot Wars Arenas of Destruction because of it's wackiness :smile: I mean, you can do lots of crazy things in that game. They're nostalgia for me. But if you by any chance create all of the house robots from the show, I may like it as much as the older games ^^
Best Regards,

Skull Kid