Author Topic: Robot wars Extreme Destruction and Arenas of Destruction on windows 10  (Read 10399 times)

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
  • Rep: -23
  • :/
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: Robot wars Extreme Destruction and Arenas of Destruction on windows 10
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2018, 10:05:18 AM »
DP:
If anyone has these problems, you have to edit the App Properties.
For AoD, make sure it's this:

For ED, make sure it's this:

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2018, 03:13:13 AM »
Tbh they both work on XP SP3

Offline jackster96

• Lightweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hey skull kid, the fps issue worked out fine forgot to respond. But there is an issue with the ai not working bar when pushed into the CPZ so it seems to cause the HR AI to activate which in response the normal ai decides to work. got any fixes? also the game looks like sh** with everything on max also seems like partical effects for the most part aren't happening/working the only one that works is the armour breaking off?
Hobbies; table tennis, archery, pool, gaming pc and xbox.

Offline SkullKid2000

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • Master of the House Robots
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hey skull kid, the fps issue worked out fine forgot to respond. But there is an issue with the ai not working bar when pushed into the CPZ so it seems to cause the HR AI to activate which in response the normal ai decides to work. got any fixes? also the game looks like sh** with everything on max also seems like partical effects for the most part aren't happening/working the only one that works is the armour breaking off?

Hmm... on which arena is this AI bug? I am mostly playing in the TV Studio, but I can't think of any bugs there. I've actually modded the "rwarenat.txt" which tells the game where the AI can drive and not drive. Coupled with the settings set correctly in the "global.dat", which is under the AI section of the "global.dat" file, I can change where the competitors "can" drive and where they can not drive :)

I am patiently awaiting your reply, no rush!
Best Regards,

Skull Kid

Offline FOTEPX

• Your dad
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 5
  • Thank you, meow.
    • Bamzookiman130
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Shima33 #9110
Hey, while this is a topic, might as well throw my hat into the ring-

I've got the actual game on CD! Put it in, installed it, installed the no-CD patch, made my first bot, went to play on TV Studio... None of the AI move. In fact, they only move when I go into the CPZ. Any fixes/suggestions?

Currently listening to: Marblehead Johnson - The Bluetones

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards

I've got the actual game on CD! Put it in, installed it, installed the no-CD patch, made my first bot, went to play on TV Studio... None of the AI move. In fact, they only move when I go into the CPZ. Any fixes/suggestions?
I had this issue recently, I think I fixed it by capping the game's framerate to 60fps but I'm not entirely certain. Give it a go.
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline SkullKid2000

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards

I had this issue recently, I think I fixed it by capping the game's framerate to 60fps but I'm not entirely certain. Give it a go.

What Badger said! I've experienced this issue in other games as well. Some games just doesn't like more than a certain amount of frames per second. If that's not the issue, I will reply later during the day, as I've been up most of the night tonight making a new YouTube video... nighty night!
Best Regards,

Skull Kid

Offline jackster96

• Lightweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2018, 01:45:42 PM »
Bit of a late reply this i know haha, yeah the ai is a bit special on each of the maps and only work once they go into the CPZ's and the house robots kick in seemingly kick starting the opponent ai. Graphic wise the main thing that is missing is the yellow sparks these only show up once every other match so hits with some of the discs and axes do damage but have no feedback.

Thank you.

Offline SkullKid2000

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2019, 02:10:44 PM »
I can't seem to get either of the games running in windowed mode in DxWnd. It worked fine in say half a year ago… now it just crashes with the Windows crash dialog showing up sending information about the crash to Microsoft.

So, if anybody here knows or has any ideas of what it might or could be, please do not hesitate to reply!
Best Regards,

Skull Kid

Offline Redalert

• The inventor of Wandering Spinners and invincirammers
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -48
  • Yes, I’m an outsider.
    • View Profile
    • RedStorm's RA2 website
    • Awards
  • Discord: RedStorm
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2019, 02:12:55 PM »
I can't seem to get either of the games running in windowed mode in DxWnd. It worked fine in say half a year ago… now it just crashes with the Windows crash dialog showing up sending information about the crash to Microsoft.

So, if anybody here knows or has any ideas of what it might or could be, please do not hesitate to reply!

The server could be gone. That usually causes a game to crash.

Offline SkullKid2000

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2019, 12:03:10 PM »

The server could be gone. That usually causes a game to crash.
I'm sorry, but this is a single player game only. With "hotseat" support for two player's with either two gamepads or one keyboard for both.

EDIT: Nevermind, I solved it.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 12:36:49 PM by SkullKid2000 »
Best Regards,

Skull Kid

Offline jackster96

• Lightweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2019, 01:31:39 PM »
Not checked for a long time and might be remembering wrong. but i'm sure you can select one for the keyboard and one as a controller if you both don't want to use keyboard? Was it an easy fix for the issue you was having?

Offline SkullKid2000

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2019, 04:38:10 PM »
Not checked for a long time and might be remembering wrong. but i'm sure you can select one for the keyboard and one as a controller if you both don't want to use keyboard? Was it an easy fix for the issue you was having?
Yes. I changed some feature that I at the moment sadly don't remember. But I know it was in the "Video" tab of DxWnd, and that it was from SVGA -> Native :)
Best Regards,

Skull Kid