Author Topic: Pokemon Thread  (Read 255392 times)

Offline Clickbeetle

• Rep: 21
  • In Soviet Russia, bugs stomp YOU!
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
Re: Pokemon Thread
« Reply #1760 on: February 28, 2016, 11:39:28 PM »
Yeah, apparently you'll be able to trade all the way from red and blue to sun and moon through pokemon bank. Can't wait to trade through my glitch team from yellow.

As Red and Blue were recently released on Virtual Console, I think this statement only applies to those versions.  The original cartridge versions would still be isolated by the Game Boy - Game Boy Advance barrier and I doubt they will make a new peripheral for the Game Boy that lets it connect to Bank.

I'm curious what they'll do for this generation.  At some point it seems like they'll have to either stop making new Pokemon, or "lock out" certain old Pokemon from new games, just because of the sheer amount of effort and data involved in animating close to 1000 3D models.  And either solution will upset a lot of fans.

In any case, looking at the new Pokemon and the yet-to-be-released Volcanion, the new games totally need to go with a full-blown steampunk theme.  Main character with a top hat and brass goggles, airships and trains for transportation, the works.

To lack feeling is to be dead, but to act on every feeling is to be a child.
-Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings

Offline Thyrus

• Rep: 19
  • Back to purple '17
    • http://www.youtube.com/Th
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1761 on: February 29, 2016, 01:56:58 AM »
talking bout the red/blue port: has anyone played it on the ds already? does it still feature all the bugs and glitches?

Offline The Red Blur

• The real Jeff
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -10
  • Jesus, climbed up to -11 rep
    • not yet, m80 ;)
    • View Profile
    • completely uninteresting website.com
    • Awards
« Reply #1762 on: February 29, 2016, 03:22:36 AM »
talking bout the red/blue port: has anyone played it on the ds already? does it still feature all the bugs and glitches?

I hear the missingno glitch still works.

Offline Scorpion

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1763 on: February 29, 2016, 03:30:08 AM »
Yup, forgot about the virtual consoles release fora moment there.
According to serebii.net all the glitches remain, not surprising really as i imagine gamefreak would rather not bother looking back into the coding of red and blue. I dont blame them, they'd likely only make things worse if they did anyway.
They have changed the flashing animations of some of the more seizure inducing attacks.

Offline Silverfish

• The Hardest Part of Ending is Starting Again
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • Welcome to the quiet before the storm hits...
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1764 on: February 29, 2016, 04:58:30 PM »
According to serebii.net all the glitches remain, not surprising really as i imagine gamefreak would rather not bother looking back into the coding of red and blue. I dont blame them, they'd likely only make things worse if they did anyway.
They have changed the flashing animations of some of the more seizure inducing attacks.

oooooooooooo, I wonder if you can transfer a missingno.... mhmhmhmhm hehehehe
Tourney stuffs:

"We need a new way to defeat them... Something they haven't seen. Something... no one... has ever seen..."
-Gelorum, Acceleracers: Ignition

Youtube(cuz I can't use the normal link): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ8zJZecbrpqiZK2eLnKLAA

Offline Scorpion

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1765 on: March 01, 2016, 03:07:07 AM »

I've been thinking about this too haha.
Most likely they will have an error handler thrown in there, something to stop any glitches being traded. All of the gen 1 glitche would just turn into their respective internal ID counterparts anyway, so they would all just become legitimate 2nd gen pokemon if you could trade them.
However, trading an M' with an internal hex number of 00 could prove interesting, as theoretically that should result in a glitch if traded up...

Offline Silverfish

• The Hardest Part of Ending is Starting Again
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Welcome to the quiet before the storm hits...
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1766 on: March 01, 2016, 05:05:04 PM »

I've been thinking about this too haha.
Most likely they will have an error handler thrown in there, something to stop any glitches being traded. All of the gen 1 glitche would just turn into their respective internal ID counterparts anyway, so they would all just become legitimate 2nd gen pokemon if you could trade them.
However, trading an M' with an internal hex number of 00 could prove interesting, as theoretically that should result in a glitch if traded up...

but the thing is, I don't know if an 'M' or Missingno would get through the cheat detector that pokemon bank has built in... one can only hope.
Tourney stuffs:

"We need a new way to defeat them... Something they haven't seen. Something... no one... has ever seen..."
-Gelorum, Acceleracers: Ignition

Youtube(cuz I can't use the normal link): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ8zJZecbrpqiZK2eLnKLAA

Offline WeN

• #1 Malaysian Idiot
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
  • totsugeki!!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: thatwenguy
« Reply #1767 on: April 11, 2016, 07:05:38 AM »
Shiny ditto

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1768 on: April 11, 2016, 07:27:20 AM »
me too thanks
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline The Red Blur

• The real Jeff
  • Heavyweight
    • not yet, m80 ;)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1769 on: April 22, 2016, 05:16:31 AM »
I hope they bring back character customisation for sun/moon tbh.

Offline WeN

• #1 Malaysian Idiot
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • totsugeki!!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1770 on: April 22, 2016, 05:17:32 AM »
I hope they bring back character customisation for sun/moon tbh.
I think so

Celebi is awesome

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1771 on: May 02, 2016, 11:10:27 AM »
i am playing a pokemon fangame, aka pokemon gray topaz.

the gym leaders are murder. it's hard enough to have to kill a liligant with Growth and Giga Drain as a nidorina with damn Poison Sting, when your only other good pokemon is quad weak to grass.

not to mention that fire team with a perma-sun Drought Ninetales, use overheat, switch, use overheat again, switch AGAIN. even having a pokemon quadruple resistant to fire wasn't enough on the first try. And second. And third.

oh and the Crobat Bite flinch BS on the poison team... Hadn't anything that could hit that crobat super effectively, the rain dance toxic spikes qwilfish was avoidable enough.

i used sooo many potions on those third gym types :P

although they are starting to become less hard now. mostly cuz my team is building up. The Heracross/Scizor U-turn team was hard but I beat it in one go. My team was in poor shape after it :P

speaking of team :

Marshtomp "King" lvl.34 : Surf, Strength, Rock Smash, Mud Shot. Why u not evolve already ? _/(o_0)\_ still pretty damn strong overall, as far as my team goes. Low on PP, really low on PP.

Nidorina "Mother" lvl.32 : Bite, Cut, Venoshock, Double Kick. Lacking in power, sadly. I have three evolution stones and no Moon Stone yet _/(o_0)\_ Still, double kick and bite are occasionally very useful. Venoshock is the strongest attack.

Heracross "Pride" lvl.28 : Aerial Ace, Brick Break, Take Down, Counter. **** yeah, Heracross ! It's a manly pokémon AND it kicks ass. Also Bug/Fighting is awesome typing and STAB. Well, except for the quadruple weakness to flying.

Magnemite "Mecha" lvl. 29 : Volt Switch, Thunder Wave, Metal Sound, Mirror Shot. One level away from evolving. Since I am close to the part where it evolves into magnezone i'mma gonna try a double evolution. At first it was horribly fragile, now it is much better and quite powerful. It learned Shock which is physical, however, Volt Switch solved this problem. Also,

Ninjask "Shinobu" lvl.28 : Fury Cutter, Screech, Swords Dance, Sand Attack. Very fragile but if I manage to set up on someone it becomes hilarious. Swords Dance + Screech + Speed Boost and a STAB attack that doubles in power if you use it several types in a row = gg.

May swap this ninjask for something else... since i have already a bug type and it's not really a flying type.

The last slot is free. I have a rotom on it but that's just because someone gave it to me.

Will probably need to be a flying type due to me really needing Fly at some point. I'm thinking either Flying/Fire, Flying/Rock or Flying/Grass because I am sorely missing  So either aerodactyl (F yeah), charizard (equal amounts of F yeah) or... tropius ? lol

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #1772 on: May 02, 2016, 01:04:30 PM »
tropius is garbage lmao

i'd go with aerodactyl with your current setup, but really it's up to you

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1773 on: May 02, 2016, 02:05:48 PM »
Mecha was lvl 29 as a magnemite, level 31 as a magnezone. Success.

Also Ninjask is REALLY showing it's squishiness. I can't sweep with it, really. Think Imma have to chose another poke for my team.

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #1774 on: May 03, 2016, 02:50:42 AM »
yeah ninjask isn't good for sweeping. most people just use it to set up swords dance and speed boosts and then baton pass them off to something that can sweep.

i use ninjask a lot in low-tier showdown as a fast choice band u-turner which works pretty well though

Offline yugitom

• Rep: 17
  • Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1775 on: May 03, 2016, 02:56:17 AM »
I'm not the most avid fan on Pokemon but I've recently been getting into the VGC youtubers (Wolfey, more specifically.) I can't get used to watching singles battles anymore :P

Offline WeN

• #1 Malaysian Idiot
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • totsugeki!!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1776 on: May 04, 2016, 08:30:06 AM »
Pokémon SUN and Pokémon MOON

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1777 on: May 08, 2016, 12:15:29 PM »
So, I started Pokémon Light Platinum. Took a bulbasaur, because venusaur is manly. And yes, it's female, no, i don't care.

There were about two trainers with 5 pokémon each on the very first road.

So I finished a fight paralyzed (thunder wave on a level 5 pokemon) and at -3 accuracy and -2 attack due to sand attack and growl spam and me having only one pokémon, so can't switch. Paralyz heal ? What's that ? I haven't seen the shadow of a poké mart yet !

Gee, that was a really fun road. No way to heal on the starting town, two potions on the road, gotta have to use a max potion (!) to heal. Lost once to me grinding on Bidoofs on the road, and once in a fight with the second road trainer.

Also all bug, flying and poison types. Hopefully the only thing that threatened me was Spearow, who actually starts with Peck instead of Tackle.

All praise Leech Seed.

And yet I am, bulbasaur is now level 15 despite having fought two trainers and four wild pokémon or so. I think it evolves in one level ? haha

Second town... Got a free growlithe (the game seems generous itemwise) which is not bad at all. I'm going to get more starters in this game though, so may switch it with a typhlosion.

Offline WeN

• #1 Malaysian Idiot
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • totsugeki!!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1778 on: May 09, 2016, 07:55:51 AM »
I hope the Pokémon Go came out.

Offline The Red Blur

• The real Jeff
  • Heavyweight
    • not yet, m80 ;)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1779 on: May 10, 2016, 06:23:28 AM »
We should be getting some news on sun/moon tonight! I'll update this post with any good news later.