Author Topic: Never Alone (Kisma Ingitchuma)  (Read 791 times)

Offline courthousedoc

• Derpasaurus Rex
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -2
  • AKA Okamifan1
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • A Taste of Deco
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Okamifan1 #2120
Never Alone (Kisma Ingitchuma)
« on: May 15, 2016, 10:05:29 PM »
Review incoming

So I just got done playing Never alone today, and I have to say that it is a fantastic but at times frustrating platformer, my only gripe about the gameplay is when an event mid game drastically changes the gameplay by killing off one of the two main characters.

As far as graphics go this title has it down with gorgeous winter, and spring  (for Foxtales) backdrops. It also possesses gorgeous Native American artwork for the cutscenes, which weave together a traditional tale.

The sound on this game is rather minimalist except for the chase scenes where it picks up. However with the way the game was designed around it's environments a hard hitting soundtrack would not work.

Now more in depth on the game-play, this is a game designed for local co-op. However it can be played single player by switching between the fox/boy and the girl. This is best played with a controller as the game seems to rely heavily on rumble feedback to let you know when the blizzard winds blow.

The bosses are really well designed, and act as sort of a puzzle, anytime you die in this title it is your own fault, as the games difficulty is moderate but unfair deaths are non existent. You die in one hit so you have to be careful but you get rewarded by watching an amazing tale unfold.

I have to give this one a B

Systems: Xbox One, Wii U, PS4, PC, Linux.

Has anyone else played this title?
Let me tell you something I learned through life... The weakest link in the chain isn't always the failure point.
Steam:
Tournament History:
My Showcases: