Author Topic: madman3's Smash Guides  (Read 1743 times)

Offline madman3

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
madman3's Smash Guides
« on: March 27, 2015, 04:05:34 PM »
Hi guys, I've figured that it'd be fun to do some guides on how to use various characters to a high-professional level across various Smash games (mostly Melee, PM and Smash4, I'll probably have some for 64 in future). These assume that you understand typical advanced techs (wavedashing, l-cancelling, jump cancel grabbing, moves out of shield) and the uses of things like dash dancing, although if there are specific advantages for any of those features for a character I'll go over them. I also don't want to have to explain what individual moves are in the guide, so if you're wondering about how particular moves function, ask in the comments.

Starting with Smash 4, here's a guide for Jigglypuff.

Summary:
Jigglypuff is a character which thrives off an aggressive but considered approach. Puff's very fast aerial speed and quick aerial acceleration allows it to attack at the very edge of a person's shield and then fade out with another aerial, or another jump, evading grabs from shield. Additionally, Puff has very good edgeguarding and tech covering options, allowing her to get big punishes, often leading to a rest or string of aerials. Puff's strong versus taller characters, ones that rely heavily on grabs (Ness, Falcon, Mario), and against characters with slow recoveries (Olimar, Villager, Wario); comparatively, it's bad versus characters with faster aerials and greater mobility, especially Sheik, as well as ones with very strong projectile games (Toon Link, ROB).

Approach:

Tech Chasing

Getting kills/edgeguards:

Coming from the ledge:

Overall, Puff is an aggressive character with great option coverage and strong moves, but can be walled out or overwhelmed by fast, projectile heavy characters. If you want to use Puff, keep someone like ROB or Falcon as a counterpick, as they can deal with projectile characters and fast characters respectively.

Feedback, questions and technical suggestions welcome.

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: madman3's Smash Guides
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 04:15:18 PM »
swiggity swag. my brother mains jiggly, i'll show him this

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 05:16:23 PM »
I dunno, Jiggs still feels really gimped from her melee glory days, especially her rest. Hitbox seems to be a little bit bigger on it as a tradeoff, at least.

Requesting G&W or duck hunt next.
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 05:19:12 PM »
need more falcon guides

Offline madman3

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 05:26:26 PM »
Alright so here's Melee/PM Falcon:

Summary:
Falcon's strengths are his ability to cover various DI and tech options and get a very strong punish out of most situations. His early kill options with his smash attacks and aerials give him a strong chance versus characters of any weight class. However, his poor defensive game and recovery makes him extremely vulnerable once he gets opened up in neutral. His neutral is bolstered by his very fast movement speed, which allows him to space nairs and knees around an opponents shield, cover all tech options on reaction, and easily evade poor approaches. Overall, Falcon is one of the best characters in Smash, and in my opinion is probably the 6th best character in melee (Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth and Peach ahead).

Approach:

Tech chasing:

Getting kills/edgeguards:

Recovery:

Overall Falcon is great once he gets an opening, but his bad combo weight leaves him vulnerable to long combos and tech chases, as well as gimps. He does however live a long time with good DI and can punish very hard once he gets a starting hit.