Author Topic: General Games Chat Room  (Read 23769 times)

Offline Chaosmancer

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 5
  • Sir Wall-Of-Text
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
General Games Chat Room
« on: September 12, 2014, 01:44:45 PM »
So, I did suggest this in another thread, so I may as well try it out. This is really just a place for you to discuss games that have less of a following on the forum. The games that aren't likely to generate as much discussion as Pokemon or Smash Bros (although you can still talk about them, if you so choose).

That's it really, talk about games you have played, the ones you are playing, any ones that you are looking forward to, review and recommend games, and any other general game related things that don't really warrant another topic. Although, when all  is said and done, this could just end up being a general games journal where you just write a paragraph about what you are playing and no discussion stems from it, and is half the reason I held off on creating this topic (that, and I am horrible at creating opening posts, and the only thing I can think to write about is what has happened in the game I am playing now).

Anyway, on with the show... also, remember spoiler tags, or just allude to the spoiler without revealing what it is. Anyway, as promised, a paragraph about the game I am playing now;

I've been playing Danganronpa 2, I'd say that it definitely matches the first one with the way it grips me. Although, some of the logic puzzle were kind of simple but obtuse in the way that they are solved (it is obvious that X is the answer, but in order to continue, you need to match it with a key word, and the word to match it with isn't exactly obvious). It's really depressing that both of my favourite characters died though. But this game is still the kind of thing that plagues my mind until I finish it and some time after I finish it, so I haven't really been playing anything else at all.
Yes that sequence of words I just said made perfect sense.

Offline Natster-104

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 6
    • http://www.youtube.com/ch
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: General Games Chat Room
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 03:46:41 PM »
Just been playing destiny, the controls were easy to use, the graphics are brilliant and one of the best shooters I've played, haven't been seeing the Skype chat in a while, so did/does anyone like destiny?

Offline yugitom

• Rep: 17
  • Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 04:24:16 PM »
Apparently, it's Halo done worse and the only reason it's getting hyped so much is because it's Bungie's first game in 4 years. I was never a fan of Halo and I'm not that much of an avid FPS fan either, so I probably won't get it.

On another note, I have been playing Bleach The 3rd Phantom. I haven't played since I was about 14/15 and I think it's awesome! It's a TRPG, like Advance Wars (which I also like) and Fire Emblem (which I have never played.) The amount of time I put into it as a young teen was fascinating. If you like TRPGs like the games mentioned, I would seriously recommend checking 3rd Phantom out, even if you don't like Bleach. In fact, this game got me into Bleach to begin with, so I was going in with no prior knowledge too.

Offline Lemonism

• Rep: 16
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 05:46:49 PM »
I was never a fan of Halo... ...so I probably won't get it.
This sums me up quite nicely. I never got the appeal of Halo. I just found it boring in comparison to other FPS games.
I've been playing a lot of Civ 5, MH3U and Just Cause 2 recently, and that's pretty much it.
Download Mortis.py
Download some of my DSL2.2 Bots

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 05:58:36 PM »
The only FPS games that I play regularly until I completely over-play it are World at War and Black Ops 1 & 2 because of the zombies. I think Halo is a Sci-Fi game and FPS and Sci-Fi doesn't mix well with me. The only FPS's I play for the multiplayer are MW3 and World at War (they're the only ones I'm good at.)

Offline Domanating

• Rep: 18
  • It's Personal
    • Domanating2008
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 06:55:20 PM »
The only FPS games that I play regularly until I completely over-play it are World at War and Black Ops 1 & 2 because of the zombies

Yay, another world at war fan. My last CoD was World at war mainly because I like WW2 gaming better than modern. When I wanted some zombie action I went for CoD WoW, but when I wanted some multiplayer I played the old classic CoD2.
Also Battlefield series are pretty fun because you can drive stuff.

I recently went back into playing some Robocraft again and also I'm quite hooked to World of Tanks these days. I'm not a big fan of arcade games but WoT got me when I found out that tank armor and angling your tank actually matters and it's not just aim and shoot stuff.

Offline Meeko011

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 11:52:12 AM »
The only FPS games that I play regularly until I completely over-play it are World at War and Black Ops 1 & 2 because of the zombies
I recently went back into playing some Robocraft again and also I'm quite hooked to World of Tanks these days. I'm not a big fan of arcade games but WoT got me when I found out that tank armor and angling your tank actually matters and it's not just aim and shoot stuff.

Same here, when I first played I didn't know jack about how penetration worked or angling or anything like that, so I majorly sucked and never made it past tier 3. Then like a year ago I finally understood and sucked a bit less, though I still kind of suck. Haven't played Robocraft in a while, but it's a fun game so I'll probably get back into it.

Lately the main games I've been playing are League of Legends, Black Ops II (Nuketown/Hijacked Only), and Titanfall.
"When all else fails, get out the matches and daggers." -Zach, 2014

Offline Chaosmancer

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Sir Wall-Of-Text
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 01:34:23 PM »
It took me long enough, but I finally succumbed to nostalgia and bought Hercules for the PS1 for £1.79 on the PSN Store. Why why why did I do this to myself? I'm definitely enjoying it though, it is as good as I remember so far. Solid platformer and a genuinely enjoyable movie tie-in game (then again Monsters Inc. for the PS1 and Treasure Planet for the PS2 were rather solid platformer movie tie-ins).

Now to wait for the moments where I notice the minor glitches that I missed as a child and get annoyed that they are impeding my progress.

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 01:38:11 PM »
It took me long enough, but I finally succumbed to nostalgia and bought Hercules for the PS1
You're awesome.

Offline Chaosmancer

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Sir Wall-Of-Text
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 02:45:50 PM »
It took me long enough, but I finally succumbed to nostalgia and bought Hercules for the PS1
You're awesome.

It brings back so many memories, like 'oh God, depth perception, why have you forsaken me in my time of need' on the running levels. Although, the manual seems to matter as the tutorial level doesn't have any button prompts, but when it introduces you to moving between the layers of the level, it is quite nice to see the wordless tutorial at work (they show goats running back and forward, and walking along the path that is pretty much painted out). It's a lot better than a burly man yelling 'press up on the d-pad when standing on this bit of ground to go back a layer and press down on the d-pad to come forward. Think you can handle that?'.

And regarding strange glitches which are irritating, it seems as though you can't collect coins during a falling animation, but if you cancel the falling animation into a mid-air attack animation it will pick up the coin. Ah, PS1 platformer glitches. I have just remembered (the hard way) that it makes you work for your ability to save, so, unless a miracle happens, I'm going back to the start if I game over.

Even ignoring the nostalgia, I think that it is worth a solid 4/5 and is proof that a mechanically solid game is better than something that has had millions of pounds spent on flashy graphics that don't make it to the final game anyway.

Offline RpJk

• ♫Time has come to listen to the crying of their puppet souls♫
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -1
  • Done and done.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 05:04:58 PM »
I am so bloody addicted to Persona 4 Golden. Currently on my 28th hour. Every weekday for the past week has been wake up, go to training, go home, Persona, Bed.
Old Stock Showcase: https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=6590.0

I've moved to other forums. Under a different name. This is where it all began.

Offline Scrapyard24c

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • Wrecking robots since 2011
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2014, 02:36:52 AM »
Been playing through New Vegas for the first time in a while.  Currently fighting for the NCR and just about ready to face-off against the Legion at Hoover Dam with Boone and Rex in tow.  Tying up some loose ends first so as to have as many allies I can get on my side, so far have the Brotherhood of Steel providing ground support, the Boomers with a bombing run with their restored B-29, and some help from the Enclave Remnants.
Battlebots 7: LW Quarterfinals - Voltergeist
Battlebots 7: MW Quarterfinals - Dr. Demolition
Battlebots 8: MW Quarterfinals - Dr. Demolition
Battlebots 9: HW Quarterfinals - Texas Tornado
Battlebots 9: Middleweight Champion - Dr. Demolition
Minor Inconveniences: Runners-up - Hot Rod/Voltergeist
TGRR2 IRL: Texas Tornado 11 wins - 10 losses

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: -27
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2014, 03:51:31 AM »
Lost 3 Competitive battles in a row in CS:GO last night. My Gold Nova 2 rank didn't drop, which was a major surprise for me.

Offline ashman12

• Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • Insanity is my only means of relaxation...
    • http://www.facebook.com/h
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2014, 05:18:22 PM »
Been mostly playing Borderlands 2 lately, with a side serving of DayZ Epoch. Got a large list of games to play through though now that i have a new PC, but those 2 were highest up the list.

On a roughly related note, anyone here play Borderlands 2? If so want to add me on Steam and start a new playthrough? Would like to complete the game before Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is released seeing as i have a free copy of that lined up

Offline RpJk

• ♫Time has come to listen to the crying of their puppet souls♫
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -1
  • Done and done.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2014, 05:42:05 PM »
I completed Persona 4 Golden today. I'm in tears people. The feels are too much.

Now I need help making a decision and what JRPG to play next. I made it down to one of these 4:

Final Fantasy Tactics
Tales of Symphonia
Vagrant Story
Final Fantasy VIII

Or does anyone know another good Modern Day JRPG like Persona that they can recommend me?
Old Stock Showcase: https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=6590.0

I've moved to other forums. Under a different name. This is where it all began.

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2014, 06:06:08 PM »
Final Fantasy Tactics. I haven't played nor heard of it but it seems to be a TRPG, so it must be good.

Offline Chaosmancer

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Sir Wall-Of-Text
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2014, 01:24:58 PM »
Ha, take that, seven year old me. Just beat Hercules in one runthrough without giving myself more lives or anything (I did use a continue though).

So, I've just got my PS4 and just started Destiny. 8/10 good game, pretty graphics, solid fun. The bastard love-child of Halo and WoW, and it is open enough to allow for those moments that you tell people about. Unlike other games that essentially wheel you through set-pieces, and insta-killing you if you dare explore, this really allows you to go nuts. Like the time that I launched myself off of a rock, shot two enemies in the head with my pistol, spun round and knifed another enemy in the face. Or the time I was on a level 3 mission, and there was a level 7 enemy for some reason, I backpedalled like crazy shooting him with my pistol, knifed him, got hit backwards, and a level 13 jumped off of the nearby roof and killed him with a shotgun. One day I hope to be a nameless hero that jumps off buildings to save people who are outlevelled.

I died a few times, admittedly. I explored, jumped off the side of a staircase, went through some dark corridors, and got face-murdered by a level 18, I explored outside and found stairs leading down, and got face-murdered by the same level 18. I did start it the same way I start everything else; tutorial guy goes 'here, I found a gun', and I go 'oh look, I found the knife button and will use it for the whole tutorial, because **** you'. I did get the trophy for killing five enemies in 3 seconds by using the knife, so that's a plus. As for loadout, I'm going for my amazingly inefficient sniper/pistol choice (pistol may change to shotgun, always depends on which is more powerful or fun to use).

Offline Natster-104

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2014, 04:27:08 PM »
Sounds good, what level are you currently?  At the moment I'm level 15 and I've got a cool little emblem. But is there an option for a motto

Offline Chaosmancer

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Sir Wall-Of-Text
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2014, 10:25:51 PM »
Sounds good, what level are you currently?  At the moment I'm level 15 and I've got a cool little emblem. But is there an option for a motto

Level 3, nearly level 4, only played for a couple of hours yesterday. The one downside to the PS4 is that it is in the living room, which means that my stepdad gets the TV when he gets back (the upside is that it is a good way to give me some gaming time and then force me to do some C++ (doesn't work if I have a game on a different console that I want to play).

What console are you on?

Offline Natster-104

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2014, 02:17:48 AM »
PS4 aswell

PSN= Natster-104, PM me if you want to add me
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 09:55:45 AM by Natster-104 »