Off-Topic > Existing Games

General Games Chat Room

<< < (2/20) > >>

Domanating:

--- Quote from: yug1tom on September 12, 2014, 05:58:36 PM ---The only FPS games that I play regularly until I completely over-play it are World at War and Black Ops 1 & 2 because of the zombies

--- End quote ---

Yay, another world at war fan. My last CoD was World at war mainly because I like WW2 gaming better than modern. When I wanted some zombie action I went for CoD WoW, but when I wanted some multiplayer I played the old classic CoD2.
Also Battlefield series are pretty fun because you can drive stuff.

I recently went back into playing some Robocraft again and also I'm quite hooked to World of Tanks these days. I'm not a big fan of arcade games but WoT got me when I found out that tank armor and angling your tank actually matters and it's not just aim and shoot stuff.

Meeko011:

--- Quote from: Domanating on September 12, 2014, 06:55:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: yug1tom on September 12, 2014, 05:58:36 PM ---The only FPS games that I play regularly until I completely over-play it are World at War and Black Ops 1 & 2 because of the zombies

--- End quote ---
I recently went back into playing some Robocraft again and also I'm quite hooked to World of Tanks these days. I'm not a big fan of arcade games but WoT got me when I found out that tank armor and angling your tank actually matters and it's not just aim and shoot stuff.

--- End quote ---

Same here, when I first played I didn't know jack about how penetration worked or angling or anything like that, so I majorly sucked and never made it past tier 3. Then like a year ago I finally understood and sucked a bit less, though I still kind of suck. Haven't played Robocraft in a while, but it's a fun game so I'll probably get back into it.

Lately the main games I've been playing are League of Legends, Black Ops II (Nuketown/Hijacked Only), and Titanfall.

Chaosmancer:
It took me long enough, but I finally succumbed to nostalgia and bought Hercules for the PS1 for £1.79 on the PSN Store. Why why why did I do this to myself? I'm definitely enjoying it though, it is as good as I remember so far. Solid platformer and a genuinely enjoyable movie tie-in game (then again Monsters Inc. for the PS1 and Treasure Planet for the PS2 were rather solid platformer movie tie-ins).

Now to wait for the moments where I notice the minor glitches that I missed as a child and get annoyed that they are impeding my progress.

yugitom:

--- Quote from: Chaosmancer on September 16, 2014, 01:34:23 PM ---It took me long enough, but I finally succumbed to nostalgia and bought Hercules for the PS1

--- End quote ---
You're awesome.

Chaosmancer:

--- Quote from: yug1tom on September 16, 2014, 01:38:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: Chaosmancer on September 16, 2014, 01:34:23 PM ---It took me long enough, but I finally succumbed to nostalgia and bought Hercules for the PS1

--- End quote ---
You're awesome.

--- End quote ---

It brings back so many memories, like 'oh God, depth perception, why have you forsaken me in my time of need' on the running levels. Although, the manual seems to matter as the tutorial level doesn't have any button prompts, but when it introduces you to moving between the layers of the level, it is quite nice to see the wordless tutorial at work (they show goats running back and forward, and walking along the path that is pretty much painted out). It's a lot better than a burly man yelling 'press up on the d-pad when standing on this bit of ground to go back a layer and press down on the d-pad to come forward. Think you can handle that?'.

And regarding strange glitches which are irritating, it seems as though you can't collect coins during a falling animation, but if you cancel the falling animation into a mid-air attack animation it will pick up the coin. Ah, PS1 platformer glitches. I have just remembered (the hard way) that it makes you work for your ability to save, so, unless a miracle happens, I'm going back to the start if I game over.

Even ignoring the nostalgia, I think that it is worth a solid 4/5 and is proof that a mechanically solid game is better than something that has had millions of pounds spent on flashy graphics that don't make it to the final game anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version