Author Topic: Car Town  (Read 27751 times)

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: -27
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Car Town
« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2014, 05:06:55 PM »
"Hello. You are friends with brendan from car town. He has aspergers and does not hang with friends to much. He talks highly about you. I just wanted to say thanks for being a friend with him. He just said he is worried about you because people are posting mean things. May god bless you and thanks again for talking with my son. If you lived closer i would like to introduce you to him.  Have a great day."
- John Straley

Wow, just... wow. I just race with Brendan once a day and now his dad is sending me message because of this? I'm rather surprised in a positive way.

/useless information

Offline playzooki

• A title is a prefix or suffix added to someone's name in certain contexts. It may signify either veneration, an official position or a professional or academic qualification. In some languages, titles may be inserted before a last name (for example,
  • Rep: -34
    • View Profile
    • click to download more ram
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: March 16, 2014, 03:18:16 PM »
i heard theres this zooks gooby guy you keep sending some sort of requests to

stop pls

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: March 16, 2014, 03:49:50 PM »

stop pls
I already solved the problem by deleting him.

Offline playzooki

• A title is a prefix or suffix added to someone's name in certain contexts. It may signify either veneration, an official position or a professional or academic qualification. In some languages, titles may be inserted before a last name (for example,
  • Rep: -34
    • View Profile
    • click to download more ram
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: March 16, 2014, 03:52:16 PM »

stop pls
I already solved the problem by deleting him.
good idea, i heard hes an idiot anyway

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #144 on: June 01, 2014, 11:32:28 AM »
Just got a new car, Subaru Impreza WRX 2015. I wanted to make a police skin for it. :D

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: July 30, 2014, 07:47:22 AM »
"Car Town celebrated its fourth year on Facebook yesterday! We are extremely proud of the game we have created and enjoyed entertaining all of our fans over the past four years. Our longevity on Facebook has been astonishing and it is due to our incredibly dedicated fans.

We have been fortunate to have partnered with amazing brands such and Top Gear, NASCAR, IndyCar, Fast and Furious, NHRA, and countless other partners. We hope you all enjoyed going on adventures with Rusty to destinations like Italy, Japan, the UK, and Route 66, travelling back in time with the Back to the Future time machines, and capturing ghosts in your very own Ecto-1.

Unfortunately, even the best games have a life cycle and Car Town is reaching the end. Therefore, we are saddened to announce that on August 29th we are shutting down Car Town on Facebook.

In the upcoming weeks we will release most of the limited edition cars for sale so players can complete their collections or obtain that special car they have been saving to buy. We have enjoyed entertaining you for the last 4 years and have poured our hearts into making the best game for you, our beloved fans.

Thank you for playing Car Town. We certainly could never have achieved our success without you and we will continue to make incredible games that we hope you enjoy.

Looking forward to you joining us on our next adventure!

Sincerely,
The Car Town Staff"

Great, just great. I spent around 50 dollars for this stuff and now it gets shut down it's 4th birthday. CIE Games really dun goofed this very potential game that people enjoyed to play. Nothing lasts forever but it's such a shame seeing this game falling apart only in couple years.

Now I need to find another game/program with the most diverse amount of cars & customization.

Offline Lemonism

• Rep: 16
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: July 30, 2014, 08:01:29 AM »
Man, that sucks. I hate seeing an online game I put a lot into die away. I'm watching it happen to Blacklight Retribution right now.

Now I need to find another game/program with the most diverse amount of cars & customization.
I'm also looking for a game like this, preferably one with a lot of detail for skinning cars.
Download Mortis.py
Download some of my DSL2.2 Bots

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #147 on: July 30, 2014, 08:03:59 AM »
I can't remember what stuff I've got on this.

Offline HurricaneAndrew

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -13
  • Admon is not pleased with your shenanigans.
    • HurricaneAndrew92
    • HurricaneAndrewGTM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #148 on: July 30, 2014, 10:25:49 AM »
I spent around 50 dollars for this stuff and now it gets shut down it's 4th birthday.

Spending money on Facebook games... That's your own stupidity.

#BlackNamesMatter  |  #HurricaneAndrewDidNothingWrong  |  #DemodNaryar  |  #OldfagAlliance

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: July 30, 2014, 10:49:01 AM »
I spent around 50 dollars for this stuff and now it gets shut down it's 4th birthday.

Spending money on Facebook games... That's your own stupidity.
Worth it while it lasted.

Offline Scrapyard24c

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • Wrecking robots since 2011
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #150 on: July 30, 2014, 01:00:37 PM »
I remember a similar racing game that passed away around the same time Car Town started called VDream Racing.  It's racing worked more like that of a card game with your car's stats against your opponents.  Things were fine until copyright claims were made on several of the brands of cars and then the fatal blow came when the server that hosted VDream Racing had a major meltdown and knocked it offline for several weeks.  It came back afterwards but the damage had been done, and VDream Racing died a slow death.  My signature car on there was a white and black 1969 Dodge Charger.  How I had it customized, imagine Jimmy Gibbs Jr.'s stock car from Left 4 Dead 2.

Edit: You have to remember there is still the mobile version called Car Town Streets so I don't know about the future of that game.

Edit: Found a picture file of my old Charger on my laptop.

Battlebots 7: LW Quarterfinals - Voltergeist
Battlebots 7: MW Quarterfinals - Dr. Demolition
Battlebots 8: MW Quarterfinals - Dr. Demolition
Battlebots 9: HW Quarterfinals - Texas Tornado
Battlebots 9: Middleweight Champion - Dr. Demolition
Minor Inconveniences: Runners-up - Hot Rod/Voltergeist
TGRR2 IRL: Texas Tornado 11 wins - 10 losses

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #151 on: July 30, 2014, 01:35:02 PM »
Edit: You have to remember there is still the mobile version called Car Town Streets so I don't know about the future of that game.
I have my bets on it dying before 2015.

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #152 on: July 31, 2014, 02:38:30 AM »

Spending money on Facebook games

this

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: August 01, 2014, 05:00:48 AM »
http://videogamesunderground.com/showthread.php?149-Breaking-news-cie-games-being-bought-out%21&p=278#post2d

It seems that Car Town might not be closed... I would be disappointed if they made it only a mobile game though. I never play mobile games because they suck.

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: December 15, 2014, 02:21:25 PM »
This is pretty much the last Car Town related picture of me and my personal favorite car. For those who didn't know, Car Town was closed in the end of August. Such a shame, because that game had so much potential.

Offline dezox

• Middleweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I Need To Meditate Or Masturbate Or Both.
    • https://www.youtube.com/u
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: December 15, 2014, 03:01:34 PM »
"Hello. You are friends with brendan from car town. He has aspergers and does not hang with friends to much. He talks highly about you. I just wanted to say thanks for being a friend with him. He just said he is worried about you because people are posting mean things. May god bless you and thanks again for talking with my son. If you lived closer i would like to introduce you to him.  Have a great day."
- John Straley

Wow, just... wow. I just race with Brendan once a day and now his dad is sending me message because of this? I'm rather surprised in a positive way.

/useless information

respect  gain +10